Nucor Corp. (NUE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NUE POWR Grades
- NUE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.53% of US stocks.
- NUE's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NUE's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 19.68% of US stocks).
NUE Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $40,503,291,882, Nucor Corp has a greater market value than 92.94% of US stocks.
- NUE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.63 -- higher than just 3.5% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Nucor Corp is reporting a growth rate of 936.95%; that's higher than 97.61% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Nucor Corp are AME, APTV, PH, APH, and CTAS.
- Visit NUE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nucor.com.
NUE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, NUE's price/earnings ratio is 44.72% lower, now standing at 11.
- NUE's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, NUE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NUE.
NUE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 63.78%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 152.39%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 595.59%.
The table below shows NUE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NUE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NUE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.34% of graded US stocks.
- NUE's asset turnover comes in at 1.241 -- ranking 14th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- TMST, ATI, and OCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NUE.
The table below shows NUE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$105.64||52-week high||$187.90|
|Prev. close||$104.41||52-week low||$87.71|
|Day high||$107.09||Avg. volume||3,272,702|
|50-day MA||$129.01||Dividend yield||1.89%|
|200-day MA||$121.06||Market Cap||28.11B|
Nucor Corp. (NUE) Company Bio
Nucor Corporation is a producer of steel and related products based in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the largest steel producer in the United States, as well as the largest "mini-mill" steelmaker (i.e. it uses electric arc furnaces to melt scrap steel as opposed to blast furnaces to melt iron). It is also the biggest recycler of scrap in North America. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
NUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NUE Latest Social Stream
View Full NUE Social Stream
Latest NUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nucor Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NUE as an investment opportunity.
Commodity stocks are riding high on the wave of inflation.
The Dow Jones rallied as Vladimir Putin tightened his grip on Ukraine. Etsy stock soared on earnings, as did Block. Johnson & Johnson surged.
By Yasin Ebrahim
Nucor CFO Jim Frias will retire from Nucor on June 11. He plans to step back from the executive position starting March 6 when Steve Laxton, currently vice president of business development and strategic planning, is promoted as his replacement.
Nucor Corp. said Wednesday that Chief Financial Officer Jim Frias will retire, after 12 years in the role and 31 years at the steel maker. Frias, 65, will start transitioning out of the CFO role as of March 6 and his retirement will be effective June 11. The company said Steve Laxton, currently vice president of business development and strategic planning, will succeed Frias as CFO. Laxton has been with Nucor since 2003. Nucor's stock, which rose 1.1% in premarket trading, has soared 95.1% over
NUE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|