Ovintiv Inc. (OVV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OVV POWR Grades
- OVV scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OVV is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- OVV ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
OVV Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Ovintiv Inc is higher than only 14.22% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Ovintiv Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 11.79% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Ovintiv Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 17.65%, greater than the shareholder yield of 90.34% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Ovintiv Inc are AETUF, ENIA, HNP, UHAL, and EURN.
- Visit OVV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ovintiv.com.
OVV Valuation Summary
- OVV's price/earnings ratio is -3.7; this is 118.41% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- OVV's price/earnings ratio has moved down 16.1 over the prior 225 months.
- Over the past 225 months, OVV's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 17.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OVV.
OVV Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -89.02%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 64.53%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -27.11%.
The table below shows OVV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OVV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OVV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.82% of graded US stocks.
- OVV's asset turnover comes in at 0.431 -- ranking 57th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- HES, SWN, and GDP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OVV.
The table below shows OVV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OVV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OVV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.31||52-week high||$63.30|
|Prev. close||$49.36||52-week low||$21.92|
|Day high||$51.09||Avg. volume||4,591,946|
|50-day MA||$47.96||Dividend yield||2.07%|
|200-day MA||$44.27||Market Cap||12.36B|
Ovintiv Inc. (OVV) Company Bio
Ovintiv Inc. operates as an energy producer. The Company focuses on developing its multi-basin portfolio of oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas producing plays. Ovintiv serves clients in the United States and Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
OVV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OVV Latest Social Stream
View Full OVV Social Stream
Latest OVV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ovintiv Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OVV as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
Company Increases Quarterly Dividend by 43%; Underpinned by Leading 2022 Capital Efficiency Highlights: Generated full year net earnings of $1.4 billion, cash from operating activities of $3.1 billion, Non-GAAP Cash Flow of $3.2 billion and Non-GAAP Free Cash Flow of $1.7 billion Reduced…
Ovintiv (OVV) reported Q4 results after the close, missing on earnings, but pivoting towards a flat production profile and higher shareholder returns:Earnings - the Company posted…
Ovintiv press release (OVV): Q4 GAAP EPS of $5.21 beats by $3.66.Fourth quarter cash from operating activities was $740 million, Non-GAAP Cash Flow was $741 million and…
Ovintiv (NYSE:OVV) is scheduled to announce Q4 earnings results on Thursday, Feb. 24, after market close.Consensus EPS estimate is $1.64 and consensus revenue estimate is $1.93B
OVV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|