Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY): Price and Financial Metrics
OXY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.83||52-week high||$70.25|
|Prev. close||$59.15||52-week low||$55.51|
|Day high||$59.60||Avg. volume||10,854,854|
|50-day MA||$62.31||Dividend yield||1.2%|
|200-day MA||$61.37||Market Cap||51.79B|
OXY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OXY POWR Grades
- OXY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 74.38% of US stocks.
- OXY's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- OXY's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.19% of US stocks).
OXY Stock Summary
- OXY has a higher market value than 95.8% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $53,685,013,640.
- OXY's went public 37.89 years ago, making it older than 93.05% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP's share price is greater than that of merely 2.89% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP are PCAR, FCX, DD, TEVA, and HES.
- OXY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP's official web site, go to www.oxy.com.
OXY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, OXY's price/earnings ratio is 37.93% higher, now standing at 12.
- OXY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OXY.
OXY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 94.67%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 67.76%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -619.25%.
The table below shows OXY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OXY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OXY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.1% of graded US stocks.
- OXY's asset turnover comes in at 0.224 -- ranking 100th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- KWR, DK, and GTE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OXY.
The table below shows OXY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Company Bio
Occidental Petroleum engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in Houston, Texas.
OXY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OXY Latest Social Stream
View Full OXY Social Stream
Latest OXY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OXY as an investment opportunity.
Warren Buffett is sitting on stacks of cash, and investors are wondering where he might deploy that capital in the coming months.
Explore the top clean coal stocks revolutionizing energy with sustainable solutions on the back of stellar market growth.
(Bloomberg) -- Occidental Petroleum Corp, W&T Offshore Inc and Talos Energy are among oil drillers that shut offshore production following an oil spill that’s shaping up to be the largest in the US since the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Most Read from BloombergAltman Returns as OpenAI CEO in Chaotic Win for MicrosoftMcKinsey and Its Peers Are Facing the Wildest Headwinds in YearsHulu for $1, Max for $3: Streaming Services Slash Prices This Black FridayOpenAI Engineers Earning $800,000 a Year Turn
Carbon dioxide emissions are a significant contributor to climate change. Carbon capture and storage (CCS) could become an important piece of the puzzle. Many energy companies believe the technology represents a $3 trillion to $5 trillion future market opportunity.
In this piece, we will take a look at Citadel Investment’s latest stock holdings and the top 12 energy stocks in its portfolio. If you want to skip our introduction to the multi billionaire dollar hedge fund and what its founder believes is in store for the markets and the economy, then take a look […]
OXY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching OXYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Occidental Petroleum Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch