Tesla, Inc. (TSLA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TSLA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where TSLA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.67% of US stocks.
- TSLA's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- TSLA's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 4.04% of US stocks).
TSLA Stock Summary
- Tesla Inc's market capitalization of $1,120,759,574,832 is ahead of 99.91% of US-listed equities.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 323.17, Tesla Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.76% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TSLA is currently 112.85, higher than 95.96% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TSLA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FB, NVDA, BRK.B, TSM, and JPM.
- TSLA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Tesla Inc's official web site, go to www.tesla.com.
TSLA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, TSLA's price/sales ratio is 441.94% higher, now standing at 16.8.
- TSLA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 258.1 over the prior 136 months.
- TSLA's price/earnings ratio has moved up 363.1 over the prior 136 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TSLA.
TSLA Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 108.65%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 511.82%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 158.24%.
The table below shows TSLA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TSLA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TSLA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.53% of graded US stocks.
- TSLA's asset turnover comes in at 0.859 -- ranking 39th of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- WKHS, IEP, and MPAA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TSLA.
The table below shows TSLA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TSLA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TSLA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,081.92||52-week high||$1,243.49|
|Prev. close||$1,116.00||52-week low||$539.49|
|Day high||$1,108.78||Avg. volume||27,839,867|
|50-day MA||$946.64||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$742.58||Market Cap||1.09T|
Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Company Bio
Tesla Inc is a vertically integrated sustainable energy company and was founded in 2003. It designs, develops, manufactures, and sells high-performance fully electric vehicles and electric vehicle powertrain components. Tesla’s vehicle line up includes the Roadster, the Model S, the Model X, the Model 3, and the Tesla Semi, In 2019, Tesla introduced the Model Y, a mid-size SUV, with seating for up to seven, and Cybertruck. Tesla also manufactures a unique set of energy solutions, Powerwall, Powerpack, and Solar Roof, enabling homeowners, businesses, and utilities to manage renewable energy generation, storage, and consumption. The company has manufacturing facilities in Fremont, California and Gigafactory Shanghai. Elon Musk is the Chief Executive Officer, and the company has over 70,000 employees as of December, 2020.
Most Popular Stories View All
TSLA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TSLA Latest Social Stream
View Full TSLA Social Stream
Latest TSLA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Tesla Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TSLA as an investment opportunity.
Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk's bid to offload a 10% stake in the EV giant is already having a ripple effect. Reuters reports that the stock has shed about $187 billion in market value amid the share sell-off drive. Tesla is a U.S. company that designs and manufactures electric cars as well as solar energy generation systems and energy storage products. (See Top Smart Score Stocks on TipRanks) Rivian and Lucid Price Gains As Tesla stocks edged lower on Musk selling about 8.2 million shares for about $8.8 billion, Rivian Automotive (RIVN) and Lucid Group (LCID) have posted solid price gains in the market.
Auto stocks have been in high demand among investors, with many making massive upside moves.
The holders of Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) have long watched some growth stocks far outpace the pedestrian income crowd. This has led some to crow that no matter your investment goals, you should just buy the Tesla (TSLA) type stocks of the world and cash a few shares in from...
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) is suing Tesla (TSLA) in a dispute involving warrants. The CNBC reports that the investment bank is seeking up to $162.2 million plus interest, attorney’s fees, and expenses as part of the suit. Tesla is a U.S. company that designs, manufactures, and sells fully electric cars, solar energy generation systems, and energy storage products. The company also operates a network of vehicle service centers and supercharger stations. (See Top Smart Score Stocks on TipRanks) JPMorgan's Claims In the lawsuit, JPMorgan alleges that Tesla did not adhere to the terms of a contract pertaining to the re-pricing of the warrants in question.
The vehicles that Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) has delivered to customers recently are missing USB-C ports, StreetInsider.com said, citing media reports. These reports started with cars delivered on November 11. Moreover, a few customers said that the company did not inform them that the USB ports were missing in the vehicles. Meanwhile, the wireless charging feature in some of these cars was also inactive. Shares of the EV maker closed 1.9% down on Monday. The stock lost another 1% in the after-hours trading session to end the day at $1,003.
TSLA Price Returns