ABB Ltd (ABB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ABB POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where ABB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ABB is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- ABB ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 58th percentile.
ABB Stock Summary
- Abb Ltd's market capitalization of $74,531,614,002 is ahead of 96.53% of US-listed equities.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for ABB is currently 44.02, higher than 89.37% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, ABB has reported earnings growth of 142.46%, putting it ahead of 87.81% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Abb Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be CB, FDX, PTR, CI, and MMC.
- Visit ABB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.new.abb.com.
ABB Valuation Summary
- ABB's price/sales ratio is 2.8; this is 55.56% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ABB's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.2.
- Over the past 243 months, ABB's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ABB.
ABB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ABB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.83||52-week high||$36.97|
|Prev. close||$36.95||52-week low||$24.07|
|Day high||$36.96||Avg. volume||1,636,982|
|50-day MA||$34.65||Dividend yield||1.38%|
|200-day MA||$30.63||Market Cap||75.62B|
ABB Ltd (ABB) Company Bio
ABB Ltd. provides power and automation technologies for utility and industrial customers worldwide. These solutions include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Zurich, Switzerland.
ABB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Abb Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Abb Ltd ranked in the 7th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Abb Ltd ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 4.95 years, is -0.18% -- higher than just 8.87% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- ABB's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 38.73% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Industrials), Abb Ltd has a reliance on debt greater than just 24.29% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ABB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ABB Latest Social Stream
View Full ABB Social Stream
Latest ABB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Abb Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ABB as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- ABB Ltd. agreed to sell its mechanical power transmission business to RBC Bearings Inc. as Chief Executive Officer Bjoern Rosengren swiftly overhauls the Swiss industrial giant.RBC Bearings will pay $2.9 billion in cash to buy the Dodge unit, ABB said in a statement Monday, confirming an earlier Bloomberg News report. Dodge also drew interest from suitors including Schaeffler AG and Timken Co., people familiar with the sale process said earlier.Shares of RBC Bearings jumped as muc
RBC Bearings Inc (NASDAQ: ROLL) has agreed to acquire the DODGE mechanical power transmission division (DODGE) of ABB Ltd (NYSE: ABB) for $2.9 billion in cash. The purchase price represents 16.7x DODGE's adjusted EBITDA for the 12 months ended June 30, 2021. DODGE operates across the construction and mining aftermarket, food & beverage, warehousing, and general machinery verticals. It generated revenue of ~$617 million and adjusted EBITDA of ~$174 million, with an adjusted EBITDA margin of 28%,
RBC Bearings to acquire ABB's Dodge mechanical power transmission division business for $2.9 billion
ABB Ltd. announced Monday morning that it had reached an agreement to divest its mechanical power transmission division, known as Dodge, to RBC Bearings Inc. in a $2.9 billion all-cash deal. ABB expects that the sale will boost its balance sheet, allowing it to "fund organic growth, pay a rising sustainable dividend per share and make value-creating acquisitions," per its release. The company anticipates that it will book a non-operational pre-tax book gain of about $2.2 billion on the deal, whi
ZURICH, July 26, 2021--ABB today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to divest its Mechanical Power Transmission division (Dodge) to RBC Bearings Incorporated (Nasdaq: ROLL), for $2.9 billion in cash. The transaction will create a leading manufacturer of highly engineered, performance-critical bearings and motion control components. The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of the year 2021, subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory review.
(Bloomberg) -- ABB Ltd. is in advanced talks to sell its mechanical power transmission business to RBC Bearings Inc., according to people familiar with the matter, as Chief Executive Officer Bjoern Rosengren swiftly overhauls the Swiss industrial giant.A deal could be reached as soon as this week and value the business, known as Dodge, at between $2.5 billion and $3 billion, said the people, who asked to not be identified because the matter isn’t public. Discussions are ongoing, and a potential
ABB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|