Acme United Corporation. (ACU): Price and Financial Metrics
ACU Stock Summary
- Acme United Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.8% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Acme United Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 88.05% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.7, Acme United Corp has a higher such ratio than just 17.14% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Acme United Corp are JBSS, CRWS, SVT, BKE, and GTS.
- Visit ACU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.acmeunited.com.
ACU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ACU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.58||52-week high||$35.49|
|Prev. close||$32.90||52-week low||$17.10|
|Day high||$32.94||Avg. volume||12,090|
|50-day MA||$30.81||Dividend yield||1.65%|
|200-day MA||$24.71||Market Cap||105.45M|
Acme United Corporation. (ACU) Company Bio
Acme United Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies cutting, measuring, first aid, sharpening, and safety products to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting good, and industrial markets in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. It offers scissors, rulers, pencil sharpeners, paper trimmers, safety cutters, lettering products, glue guns, and other craft products under the Westcott brand name; and cutting tools for hardware and industrial, lawn and garden, food processing, sewing, and housewares channels under the Clauss brand. The company also provides fixed blade, folding knives, line of sight cutting tools, and tactical tools under the Camillus brand name; fishing tools and knives, as well as cut and puncture resistant gloves, telescopic landing nets, net containment systems, and fishing gaffs under the Cuda brand name; and sharpening tools for knives, scissors, chisels, skis, skates, and other edges under the DMT brand name. In addition, it offers first aid kits, refills, and safety products under the First Aid Only brand; portable eyewash solutions and over-the-counter medications, including active ingredients aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen under the PhysiciansCare brand; and bodily fluid and spill clean-up solutions under the Spill Magic brand, as well as through Pac-Kit brand. The company sells its products directly and through its independent manufacturer representatives to wholesale, contract, and retail stationery distributors; office supply super stores; school supply distributors; industrial distributors; wholesale florists; mass market and ecommerce retailers; and hardware chains, as well as sells a selection of products through its websites. The company was formerly known as Acme Shear Company and changed its name to Acme United Corporation in 1971. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Fairfield, Connecticut.
ACU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Acme United Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Acme United Corp ranked in the 63th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 61%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for ACU, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 9.46 -- which is good for besting 71.31% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- Acme United Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 10.37% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|