Acme United Corporation. (ACU): Price and Financial Metrics
ACU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.00||52-week high||$37.99|
|Prev. close||$28.81||52-week low||$21.11|
|Day high||$30.00||Avg. volume||8,466|
|50-day MA||$29.65||Dividend yield||2.03%|
|200-day MA||$25.74||Market Cap||107.04M|
ACU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ACU POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ACU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ACU is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- ACU's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 28.39% of US stocks).
ACU Stock Summary
- ACME UNITED CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of ACME UNITED CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- ACME UNITED CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 11.93%, greater than the shareholder yield of 84.84% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ACME UNITED CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be HBB, WOOF, LCII, DBI, and GHM.
- Visit ACU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.acmeunited.com.
ACU Valuation Summary
- ACU's price/earnings ratio is 26.6; this is 34.34% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ACU's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ACU.
ACU Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -17.77%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 24.23%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 23.85%.
The table below shows ACU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ACU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ACU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.88% of graded US stocks.
- ACU's asset turnover comes in at 1.309 -- ranking 9th of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- EML, PH, and B are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ACU.
The table below shows ACU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Acme United Corporation. (ACU) Company Bio
Acme United Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies cutting, measuring, first aid, sharpening, and safety products to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting good, and industrial markets in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. It offers scissors, rulers, pencil sharpeners, paper trimmers, safety cutters, lettering products, glue guns, and other craft products under the Westcott brand name; and cutting tools for hardware and industrial, lawn and garden, food processing, sewing, and housewares channels under the Clauss brand. The company also provides fixed blade, folding knives, line of sight cutting tools, and tactical tools under the Camillus brand name; fishing tools and knives, as well as cut and puncture resistant gloves, telescopic landing nets, net containment systems, and fishing gaffs under the Cuda brand name; and sharpening tools for knives, scissors, chisels, skis, skates, and other edges under the DMT brand name. In addition, it offers first aid kits, refills, and safety products under the First Aid Only brand; portable eyewash solutions and over-the-counter medications, including active ingredients aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen under the PhysiciansCare brand; and bodily fluid and spill clean-up solutions under the Spill Magic brand, as well as through Pac-Kit brand. The company sells its products directly and through its independent manufacturer representatives to wholesale, contract, and retail stationery distributors; office supply super stores; school supply distributors; industrial distributors; wholesale florists; mass market and ecommerce retailers; and hardware chains, as well as sells a selection of products through its websites. The company was formerly known as Acme Shear Company and changed its name to Acme United Corporation in 1971. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Fairfield, Connecticut.
ACU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ACU Latest Social Stream
View Full ACU Social Stream
Latest ACU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ACME UNITED CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ACU as an investment opportunity.
Presentation on Tuesday, October 3 at 09:30 AM PT Los Angeles, California--(Newsfile Corp. - September 21, 2023) - Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU), announced today that it will present at the 16th Annual Main Event on Tuesday, October 3 at 09:30 AM PT at the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel. Walter C. Johnsen, Chairman and CEO will give the presentation.Register to watch the virtual presentation here.Summary of LD Micro Main Event XVIThe 2023 LD Micro ...
SHELTON, Conn., Sept. 20, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) declared a cash dividend of 14 cents per share on its outstanding common stock. The dividend is payable on October 24, 2023, to stockholders of record on the close of business on October 4, 2023. ACME UNITED CORPORATION is a leading worldwide supplier of innovative safety solutions and cutting technology to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting goods and industrial mar
Acme United Corp (ACU), a leading supplier in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry, has seen a significant increase in its stock price over the past three months. Acme United Corp is a renowned supplier of first aid and medical products, cutting technology, and other products to various markets including school, home, office, hardware, sporting goods, and industrial markets. The company's principal products sold across all segments are first aid kits and medical products, scissors, shears, knives, rulers, pencil sharpeners, and sharpening tools.
Q2 2023 Acme United Corp Earnings Call
SHELTON, Conn., July 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) today announced that net sales for the quarter ended June 30, 2023 were $53.3 million compared to $56.8 million in the second quarter of 2022, a decrease of 6%. Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2023 were $99.2 million, compared to $100.1 million in the same period in 2022, a decrease of 1%. Net income was $3.4 million, or $0.96 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2023, compared
ACU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|