Acme United Corporation. (ACU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ACU POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ACU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.05% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ACU is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 40 days.
- ACU's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 31.92% of US stocks).
ACU Stock Summary
- Acme United Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Acme United Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.68, Acme United Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 16.29% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Acme United Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be BKE, SKY, FELE, KEQU, and CULP.
- ACU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Acme United Corp's official web site, go to www.acmeunited.com.
ACU Valuation Summary
- ACU's price/earnings ratio is 11.2; this is 50.55% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ACU's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.2.
- ACU's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 3.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ACU.
ACU Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 189.82%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -9.71%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 22.02%.
The table below shows ACU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ACU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ACU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.88% of graded US stocks.
- ACU's asset turnover comes in at 1.309 -- ranking 9th of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- EML, PH, and B are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ACU.
The table below shows ACU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ACU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ACU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.23||52-week high||$46.19|
|Prev. close||$32.82||52-week low||$29.82|
|Day high||$33.18||Avg. volume||7,491|
|50-day MA||$33.19||Dividend yield||1.61%|
|200-day MA||$34.47||Market Cap||113.48M|
Acme United Corporation. (ACU) Company Bio
Acme United Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies cutting, measuring, first aid, sharpening, and safety products to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting good, and industrial markets in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. It offers scissors, rulers, pencil sharpeners, paper trimmers, safety cutters, lettering products, glue guns, and other craft products under the Westcott brand name; and cutting tools for hardware and industrial, lawn and garden, food processing, sewing, and housewares channels under the Clauss brand. The company also provides fixed blade, folding knives, line of sight cutting tools, and tactical tools under the Camillus brand name; fishing tools and knives, as well as cut and puncture resistant gloves, telescopic landing nets, net containment systems, and fishing gaffs under the Cuda brand name; and sharpening tools for knives, scissors, chisels, skis, skates, and other edges under the DMT brand name. In addition, it offers first aid kits, refills, and safety products under the First Aid Only brand; portable eyewash solutions and over-the-counter medications, including active ingredients aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen under the PhysiciansCare brand; and bodily fluid and spill clean-up solutions under the Spill Magic brand, as well as through Pac-Kit brand. The company sells its products directly and through its independent manufacturer representatives to wholesale, contract, and retail stationery distributors; office supply super stores; school supply distributors; industrial distributors; wholesale florists; mass market and ecommerce retailers; and hardware chains, as well as sells a selection of products through its websites. The company was formerly known as Acme Shear Company and changed its name to Acme United Corporation in 1971. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Fairfield, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
ACU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ACU Latest Social Stream
View Full ACU Social Stream
Latest ACU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Acme United Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ACU as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Ridgewood Investments LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Vale SA, Activision Blizzard Inc, Calavo Growers Inc, FedEx Corp, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co, sells General Dynamics Corp, Merck Inc, Comcast Corp, U.S.
Acme United Co. (NYSEAMERICAN:ACU) announced a quarterly dividend on Monday, December 20th, Wall Street Journal reports. Shareholders of record on Friday, January 7th will be given a dividend of 0.13 per share on Friday, January 28th. This represents a $0.52 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.53%. The ex-dividend date of this 
SHELTON, Conn., Dec. 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) declared a cash dividend of 13 cents per share on its outstanding common stock. The dividend is payable on January 28, 2022, to stockholders of record on the close of business on January 7, 2022. ACME UNITED CORPORATION is a leading worldwide supplier of innovative safety solutions and cutting technology to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting goods and industrial mark
Presentation Times Released for 75+ Presenting CompaniesWednesday and Thursday, December 8-9, 2021NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / December 7, 2021 / Sidoti & Company, LLC has released the presentation schedule and weblinks for its two-day December Micro Cap Virtual Conference taking place Wednesday and Thursday, December 8 - 9, 2021. The links can also be found at www.
SHELTON, Conn., Dec. 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) announced that it has entered a new mortgage agreement with HSBC Bank NA covering its properties in Vancouver, Washington and Rocky Mount, North Carolina. The new mortgage is $11.6 Million with a fixed rate of 3.8%. The term is 7 years with a 20-year amortization. Approximately $3.0 million of the new mortgage was used to pay the existing mortgage on the Vancouver property. Walter Johnsen, Chairman and
ACU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|