Acme United Corporation. (ACU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ACU POWR Grades
- ACU scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 91.44% of US stocks.
- ACU's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- ACU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
ACU Stock Summary
- ACU's went public 37.11 years ago, making it older than 93.48% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of ACME UNITED CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- ACU's price/sales ratio is 0.43; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 12.68% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ACME UNITED CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be JBSS, STRT, SMP, KRT, and MYE.
- Visit ACU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.acmeunited.com.
ACU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, ACU's EV/EBIT ratio is 14.96% lower, now standing at 16.2.
- ACU's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ACU.
ACU Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 5.91%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 24.23%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 15.61%.
The table below shows ACU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ACU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ACU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.88% of graded US stocks.
- ACU's asset turnover comes in at 1.309 -- ranking 9th of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- EML, PH, and B are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ACU.
The table below shows ACU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ACU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ACU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.33||52-week high||$35.59|
|Prev. close||$23.60||52-week low||$21.11|
|Day high||$23.80||Avg. volume||6,786|
|50-day MA||$23.09||Dividend yield||2.4%|
|200-day MA||$27.37||Market Cap||82.47M|
Acme United Corporation. (ACU) Company Bio
Acme United Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies cutting, measuring, first aid, sharpening, and safety products to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting good, and industrial markets in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. It offers scissors, rulers, pencil sharpeners, paper trimmers, safety cutters, lettering products, glue guns, and other craft products under the Westcott brand name; and cutting tools for hardware and industrial, lawn and garden, food processing, sewing, and housewares channels under the Clauss brand. The company also provides fixed blade, folding knives, line of sight cutting tools, and tactical tools under the Camillus brand name; fishing tools and knives, as well as cut and puncture resistant gloves, telescopic landing nets, net containment systems, and fishing gaffs under the Cuda brand name; and sharpening tools for knives, scissors, chisels, skis, skates, and other edges under the DMT brand name. In addition, it offers first aid kits, refills, and safety products under the First Aid Only brand; portable eyewash solutions and over-the-counter medications, including active ingredients aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen under the PhysiciansCare brand; and bodily fluid and spill clean-up solutions under the Spill Magic brand, as well as through Pac-Kit brand. The company sells its products directly and through its independent manufacturer representatives to wholesale, contract, and retail stationery distributors; office supply super stores; school supply distributors; industrial distributors; wholesale florists; mass market and ecommerce retailers; and hardware chains, as well as sells a selection of products through its websites. The company was formerly known as Acme Shear Company and changed its name to Acme United Corporation in 1971. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Fairfield, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
ACU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ACU Latest Social Stream
View Full ACU Social Stream
Latest ACU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ACME UNITED CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ACU as an investment opportunity.
Wednesday marks the last chance for investors to receive the next dividend payout from Acme United (AMEX: ACU ). What''s Happening The company announced on Friday that it would pay shareholders a quarterly dividend of 14 cents per share. On Thursday, Acme United will go ex-dividend, meaning the stock will trade lower to reflect that payout. In … Full story available on Benzinga.com
SHELTON, Conn., Dec. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) declared a cash dividend of 14 cents per share on its outstanding common stock. The dividend is payable on January 27, 2023, to stockholders of record on the close of business on January 6, 2023. ACME UNITED CORPORATION is a leading worldwide supplier of innovative safety solutions and cutting technology to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting goods and industrial mark
SHELTON, Conn., Dec. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) announced today that it will present at the Singular Research “Best of the Uncovered” Conference on Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 3:15 PM PT/ 6:15 PM ET. The presentation will be available online via a webinar. To listen to the live webcast, please contact Singular Research Customer Service at [email protected] or call 818-222-6234 for further information. A slide presentation that will be
SHELTON, Conn., Oct. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Acme United Corporation ACU Acme United has re-scheduled its third quarter 2022 financial results conference call for 3:00 pm ET on Friday, October 21, 2022. Dial-in and webcast information are as follows: Dial-in: 1-877-270-2148International Dial-in: 1-412-902-6510Please ask to be joined into the Acme United call.Webcast: https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/cfuvfi38 The… Read More »Rescheduled: Acme United Corporation Third Quarter 2022 Earnings Conference Call
Acme United (AMEX: ACU ) reported its Q3 earnings results on Friday, October 21, 2022 at 09:00 AM. Here''s what investors need to know about the announcement. Earnings Acme United reported an EPS of $0.02. Revenue was up $1.82 … Full story available on Benzinga.com
ACU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|