Acme United Corporation. (ACU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ACU POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ACU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ACU is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- ACU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
ACU Stock Summary
- Acme United Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for ACU is currently 31.79, higher than 84.31% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Acme United Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.68% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ACU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ECHO, BKE, TITN, PLPC, and ISIG.
- Visit ACU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.acmeunited.com.
ACU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, ACU's price/sales ratio is 66.04% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- ACU's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ACU's price/earnings ratio has gone up 5.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ACU.
ACU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ACU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.89||52-week high||$48.31|
|Prev. close||$41.90||52-week low||$21.18|
|Day high||$42.49||Avg. volume||19,692|
|50-day MA||$43.28||Dividend yield||1.24%|
|200-day MA||$36.80||Market Cap||145.94M|
Acme United Corporation. (ACU) Company Bio
Acme United Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies cutting, measuring, first aid, sharpening, and safety products to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting good, and industrial markets in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. It offers scissors, rulers, pencil sharpeners, paper trimmers, safety cutters, lettering products, glue guns, and other craft products under the Westcott brand name; and cutting tools for hardware and industrial, lawn and garden, food processing, sewing, and housewares channels under the Clauss brand. The company also provides fixed blade, folding knives, line of sight cutting tools, and tactical tools under the Camillus brand name; fishing tools and knives, as well as cut and puncture resistant gloves, telescopic landing nets, net containment systems, and fishing gaffs under the Cuda brand name; and sharpening tools for knives, scissors, chisels, skis, skates, and other edges under the DMT brand name. In addition, it offers first aid kits, refills, and safety products under the First Aid Only brand; portable eyewash solutions and over-the-counter medications, including active ingredients aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen under the PhysiciansCare brand; and bodily fluid and spill clean-up solutions under the Spill Magic brand, as well as through Pac-Kit brand. The company sells its products directly and through its independent manufacturer representatives to wholesale, contract, and retail stationery distributors; office supply super stores; school supply distributors; industrial distributors; wholesale florists; mass market and ecommerce retailers; and hardware chains, as well as sells a selection of products through its websites. The company was formerly known as Acme Shear Company and changed its name to Acme United Corporation in 1971. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Fairfield, Connecticut.
ACU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Acme United Corp. To summarize, we found that Acme United Corp ranked in the 16th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Acme United Corp, consider:
- Acme United Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 10.51% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 0% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ACU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ACU Latest Social Stream
View Full ACU Social Stream
Latest ACU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Acme United Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ACU as an investment opportunity.
Ambulance Box Market 2021 SWOT Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Significant Growth | Top Brands:Acme United, Lifeline, ZEE, Johnson & Johnson, REI, 3M, Tender, Cintas, Certified Safety, Honeywel
This report studies the Ambulance Box Market with many aspects of the industry such as market size, market status, market trends and forecast. The report also provides brief information on competitors and opportunities for specific growth with the key market drivers. Find the comprehensive analysis of the Ambulance Box market segmented by company, region, type 
Acme United Corporation (ACU) Q2 2021 Earnings Conference Call July 22, 2021 12:00 PM ET Company Participants Walter Johnsen - CEO Paul Driscoll - CFO Conference Call Participants Jim Marrone - Singular Research Tim Call - Capital Management Corp Presentation Operator Good day, and welcome to the Acme United Corporation's...
Blades for Pruning Shears Market 2021 SWOT Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Significant Growth | Top Brands:Groupe RGM Industrie, Felco, Corona Tools, ACME UNITED CORPORATION, Infaco, JAMESON
This report studies the Blades for Pruning Shears Market with many aspects of the industry such as market size, market status, market trends and forecast. The report also provides brief information on competitors and opportunities for specific growth with the key market drivers. Find the comprehensive analysis of the Blades for Pruning Shears market segmented 
SHELTON, Conn., July 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) today announced that net sales for the quarter ended June 30, 2021 were $44.8 million compared to $44.0 million in the second quarter of 2020, an increase of 2%. Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2021 were $88.4 million, compared to $79.8 million in the same period in 2020, an increase of 11%.
SHELTON, Conn., July 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) will release its financial results for the Second Quarter of 2021 on Thursday, July 22, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. EDT.
ACU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|