Acme United Corporation. (ACU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ACU POWR Grades
- ACU scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 95.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ACU is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 109 days.
- ACU ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
ACU Stock Summary
- ACME UNITED CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of ACME UNITED CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.44, ACME UNITED CORP has a higher such ratio than only 14.98% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ACME UNITED CORP are MYE, KRT, BKE, GAIA, and URBN.
- Visit ACU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.acmeunited.com.
ACU Valuation Summary
- ACU's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 50% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ACU's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ACU.
ACU Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 107.9%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 32.79%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 39.73%.
The table below shows ACU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ACU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ACU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.88% of graded US stocks.
- ACU's asset turnover comes in at 1.309 -- ranking 9th of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- EML, PH, and B are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ACU.
The table below shows ACU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ACU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ACU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.02||52-week high||$38.68|
|Prev. close||$23.65||52-week low||$21.11|
|Day high||$23.98||Avg. volume||7,123|
|50-day MA||$27.78||Dividend yield||2.43%|
|200-day MA||$31.45||Market Cap||81.15M|
Acme United Corporation. (ACU) Company Bio
Acme United Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies cutting, measuring, first aid, sharpening, and safety products to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting good, and industrial markets in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. It offers scissors, rulers, pencil sharpeners, paper trimmers, safety cutters, lettering products, glue guns, and other craft products under the Westcott brand name; and cutting tools for hardware and industrial, lawn and garden, food processing, sewing, and housewares channels under the Clauss brand. The company also provides fixed blade, folding knives, line of sight cutting tools, and tactical tools under the Camillus brand name; fishing tools and knives, as well as cut and puncture resistant gloves, telescopic landing nets, net containment systems, and fishing gaffs under the Cuda brand name; and sharpening tools for knives, scissors, chisels, skis, skates, and other edges under the DMT brand name. In addition, it offers first aid kits, refills, and safety products under the First Aid Only brand; portable eyewash solutions and over-the-counter medications, including active ingredients aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen under the PhysiciansCare brand; and bodily fluid and spill clean-up solutions under the Spill Magic brand, as well as through Pac-Kit brand. The company sells its products directly and through its independent manufacturer representatives to wholesale, contract, and retail stationery distributors; office supply super stores; school supply distributors; industrial distributors; wholesale florists; mass market and ecommerce retailers; and hardware chains, as well as sells a selection of products through its websites. The company was formerly known as Acme Shear Company and changed its name to Acme United Corporation in 1971. The company was founded in 1867 and is based in Fairfield, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
ACU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ACU Latest Social Stream
View Full ACU Social Stream
Latest ACU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ACME UNITED CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ACU as an investment opportunity.
SHELTON, Conn., Sept. 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) declared a cash dividend of 14 cents per share on its outstanding common stock. The dividend is payable on October 24, 2022, to stockholders of record on the close of business on October 3, 2022. ACME UNITED CORPORATION is a leading worldwide supplier of innovative safety solutions and cutting technology to the school, home, office, hardware, sporting goods and industrial mar
SHELTON, Conn., Sept. 13, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) announced today that it will present at the Singular Research Autumn Equinox 2022 Webinar on Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 11:30 A.M. Eastern Time. The presentation will be available on the investor relations portion of the company’s website www.acmeunited.com prior to the company’s presentation. About Acme UnitedACME UNITED CORPORATION is a leading worldwide supplier of innovative safety solutions
SHELTON, Conn., Sept. 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) announced today that it will present at the Singular Research Autumn Equinox 2022 Webinar on Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 11:30 A.M. Eastern Time. The presentation will be available on the investor relations portion of the company’s website www.acmeunited.com prior to the company’s presentation. About Acme UnitedACME UNITED CORPORATION is a leading worldwide supplier of innovative safety solutions
Yahoo Finance Live anchors Dave Briggs and Seana Smith discuss how grocery stores like Kroger and Acme are pushing for sports betting kiosks in the state of Ohio.
Adjusted Earnings Remain Constant Year over YearSHELTON, Conn., July 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acme United Corporation (NYSE American: ACU) today announced that net sales for the quarter ended June 30, 2022, were $56.8 million compared to $44.8 million in the second quarter of 2021, an increase of 27%. Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2022, were $100.1 million, compared to $88.4 million in the same period in 2021, an increase of 13%. Net income was $2.7 million, or $0.71 per dilute
ACU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|