Ameren Corporation (AEE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEE POWR Grades
- AEE scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 71.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AEE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- AEE ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
AEE Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 598.37, Ameren Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 94.7% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Ameren Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Ameren Corp is higher than it is for about 92.54% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AEE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DTE, ETR, EVRG, LNT, and PEG.
- AEE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ameren Corp's official web site, go to www.ameren.com.
AEE Valuation Summary
- AEE's price/sales ratio is 3.8; this is 31.03% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- AEE's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.4 over the prior 243 months.
- AEE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 14.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEE.
AEE Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 52.36%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 25.99%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 36.89%.
The table below shows AEE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.11% of graded US stocks.
- AEE's asset turnover comes in at 0.185 -- ranking 71st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AEP, CMS, and MSEX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEE.
The table below shows AEE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$84.49||52-week high||$90.77|
|Prev. close||$84.35||52-week low||$69.79|
|Day high||$84.77||Avg. volume||1,333,927|
|50-day MA||$85.27||Dividend yield||2.6%|
|200-day MA||$81.57||Market Cap||21.73B|
Ameren Corporation (AEE) Company Bio
Ameren Corporation operates as a public utility holding company in the United States. The company engages in the rate-regulated electric generation, transmission, and distribution; and rate-regulated natural gas transmission and distribution businesses. It serves residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Missouri and Illinois. The company was founded in 1881 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEE Latest Social Stream
View Full AEE Social Stream
Latest AEE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ameren Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEE as an investment opportunity.
The electric and natural gas utility company filled the newly created role of chief sustainability officer, as well as an officer for economic, community and business development in its Missouri subsidiary.
Ameren names first Chief Sustainability Officer and promotes long-time company leader to focus on business growth and community development
Ameren Corporation (NYSE: AEE) recently announced two organizational changes that will further Ameren's sustainability efforts. Gwen Mizell was named chief sustainability officer, a newly created position. She was also named vice president of innovation at Ameren. Patrick Smith Sr. was promoted to vice president of economic, community and business development at Ameren Missouri.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Ameren (AEE) have what it takes? Let's find out.
Warner L. Baxter, chairman, president and CEO of Ameren Corp. (NYSE:AEE), will join Michael L. Moehn, executive vice president and CFO of Ameren Corp., to discuss third quarter 2021 earnings, earnings guidance and other matters in a conference call with financial analysts at 9 a.m. Central Time (10 a.m. Eastern Time) on Thursday, November 4.
Duke Energy Corp's (DUK) subsidiary, Piedmont Natural Gas, to hike electricity rates for its North and South Carolina customers this winter.
AEE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|