Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEM POWR Grades
- AEM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 90.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AEM is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- AEM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 31.56% of US stocks).
AEM Stock Summary
- AEM's went public 35.58 years ago, making it older than 92.74% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.99% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, AEM has reported earnings growth of 151.44%, putting it ahead of 88.44% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AEM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DGX, BKI, GGG, MKSI, and FBHS.
- Visit AEM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.agnicoeagle.com.
AEM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, AEM's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.3% higher, now standing at 18.8.
- AEM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 15 over the prior 243 months.
- AEM's price/sales ratio has moved up 4.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEM.
AEM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.16||52-week high||$89.23|
|Prev. close||$61.12||52-week low||$54.66|
|Day high||$61.38||Avg. volume||1,325,884|
|50-day MA||$65.98||Dividend yield||0.9%|
|200-day MA||$67.75||Market Cap||14.92B|
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (AEM) Company Bio
Agnico Eagle Mines engages in the exploration, development, and production of mineral properties in Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the United States. The company was founded in 1953 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
AEM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AEM, they are:
- AEM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 39.77% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 23 -- greater than 84.81% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd has a reliance on debt greater than just 18.67% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AEM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEM Latest Social Stream
View Full AEM Social Stream
Latest AEM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEM as an investment opportunity.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Gold stocks like Agnico-Eagle Mines (TSX:AEM)(NYSE:AEM) could be top picks for 2021. The post The Best Gold Stock for 2021 appeared first on The Motley Fool Canada .
Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. (TSX:AEM)(NYSE:AEM) is executing on an exploration program that is expected to drive growth in 2020 and add to the company''s value proposition. The post Agnico Eagle Mines (TSX:AEM): Should You Buy It Now? appeared first on The Motley Fool Canada .
Anna Bliokh/iStock via Getty Images Editor's note: Seeking Alpha is proud to welcome The Chartographer as a new contributor. It's easy to become a Seeking Alpha contributor and earn money for your best investment ideas. Active contributors also get free access to SA Premium. Click here to find out more...
Agnico (AEM) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
AEM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|