American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEP POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AEP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 73.21% of US stocks.
- AEP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- AEP's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 17.64% of US stocks).
AEP Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of American Electric Power Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For AEP, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.11% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of American Electric Power Co Inc's share price is greater than that of only 3.54% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American Electric Power Co Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be WEC, PEG, TRP, SRE, and ES.
- AEP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Electric Power Co Inc's official web site, go to www.aep.com.
AEP Valuation Summary
- AEP's price/earnings ratio is 19.4; this is 13.78% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- AEP's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
- AEP's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEP.
AEP Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 33.21%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -80.61%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 3.87%.
The table below shows AEP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.55% of graded US stocks.
- AEP's asset turnover comes in at 0.193 -- ranking 67th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ED, CMS, and AEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEP.
The table below shows AEP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.31||52-week high||$94.21|
|Prev. close||$82.72||52-week low||$74.80|
|Day high||$83.32||Avg. volume||2,891,536|
|50-day MA||$88.19||Dividend yield||3.58%|
|200-day MA||$84.61||Market Cap||41.18B|
American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP) Company Bio
American Electric Power engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity for sale to retail and wholesale customers in 11 states. In addition, the company also transports liquid, coal and dry bulk commodities. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEP Latest Social Stream
View Full AEP Social Stream
Latest AEP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Electric Power Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEP as an investment opportunity.
American Electric Power Company found using ticker (AEP) now have 18 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 112 and 81 calculating the mean target price we have 97.59. Given that the stocks previous close was at 85.98 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 13.5%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 89.21 while the 200 day moving average is 86.4. The company has a market cap of $42,071m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AEP" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] American Electric Power Company, an electric public utility holding company, engages in the generation, transmission, an...
American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) today issued a request for proposal (RFP) for the supply of coal to one or more of its generating stations in multiple coal regions. AEP seeks proposals for the following regions and terms:
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
COLUMBUS, Ohio , Sept. 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- American Electric Power''s (NASDAQ: AEP ) 287-megawatt (MW) Maverick Wind Energy Center in north central Oklahoma has begun commercial operation. Located southwest of Enid, Oklahoma , Maverick is one of three wind projects that compose the North Central Energy Facilities , which will provide 1,485 MW of clean energy to customers of AEP''s Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO) and Southwestern Electric Power Company (SWEPCO) subsidiaries. In addition to Maverick, North Central Energy Facilities include the 199-MW Sundance project, which began commercial operation in April 2021 , and the 999-MW Traverse project, which is expected to begin operation in early 2022. The projects will save PSO and SWEPCO customers in Arkansas , Louisiana and ...
American Electric Powers (AEP) 287 MW Maverick Wind Energy Center in north central Oklahoma has begun commercial operation. Located southwest of Enid, Maverick is one of three wind projects that compose the North Central Energy Facilities, which will provide 1,485 MW of clean energy to customers of AEPs Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO) and  The post AEPs Oklahoma Wind Project Launches Commercial Operations appeared first on North American Windpower .
AEP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Electric Power Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch