American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEP POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AEP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 72.03% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AEP is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- AEP ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
AEP Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of American Electric Power Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.38% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for American Electric Power Co Inc is higher than it is for about 94.16% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AEP is more volatile than merely 2.98% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AEP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PEG, WEC, OKE, TRP, and SRE.
- Visit AEP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aep.com.
AEP Valuation Summary
- AEP's price/earnings ratio is 19.4; this is 13.78% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- AEP's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
- AEP's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEP.
AEP Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 25.09%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -4.41%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 11.58%.
The table below shows AEP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.08% of graded US stocks.
- AEP's asset turnover comes in at 0.193 -- ranking 67th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ED, CMS, and AEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEP.
The table below shows AEP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$84.67||52-week high||$94.21|
|Prev. close||$85.58||52-week low||$74.80|
|Day high||$85.66||Avg. volume||2,839,990|
|50-day MA||$86.10||Dividend yield||3.5%|
|200-day MA||$84.73||Market Cap||42.36B|
American Electric Power Company, Inc. (AEP) Company Bio
American Electric Power engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity for sale to retail and wholesale customers in 11 states. In addition, the company also transports liquid, coal and dry bulk commodities. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEP Latest Social Stream
View Full AEP Social Stream
Latest AEP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Electric Power Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEP as an investment opportunity.
Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Board Buys Shares of 3,107 American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEP)
Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Board purchased a new stake in American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEP) in the 2nd quarter, HoldingsChannel.com reports. The fund purchased 3,107 shares of the companys stock, valued at approximately $263,000. Several other large investors also recently bought and sold shares of AEP. Avantax Advisory Services Inc. increased its holdings in 
American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEP) Shares Sold by Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebec
Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebec trimmed its position in American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEP) by 91.7% during the second quarter, Holdings Channel.com reports. The firm owned 4,300 shares of the companys stock after selling 47,510 shares during the period. Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebecs holdings in American Electric Power were 
Crestwood Advisors Group LLC trimmed its position in shares of American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEP) by 1.7% during the second quarter, according to its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The institutional investor owned 15,178 shares of the companys stock after selling 255 shares during the period. Crestwood Advisors 
Federated Hermes Inc. lifted its position in shares of American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEP) by 45.9% during the 2nd quarter, according to the company in its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The institutional investor owned 3,382,425 shares of the companys stock after acquiring an additional 1,064,297 shares during the period. 
FY2024 Earnings Estimate for American Electric Power Company, Inc. Issued By Seaport Res Ptn (NASDAQ:AEP)
American Electric Power Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEP) Research analysts at Seaport Res Ptn issued their FY2024 earnings per share estimates for American Electric Power in a research note issued on Sunday, October 17th. Seaport Res Ptn analyst A. Storozynski anticipates that the company will post earnings per share of $5.48 for the year. Seaport Res 
AEP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Electric Power Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch