American Electric Power Co. Inc. (AEP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AEP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AEP is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- AEP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
AEP Stock Summary
- AEP has a higher market value than 95.88% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $49,128,380,890.
- Of note is the ratio of AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER CO INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER CO INC is higher than it is for about 94.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER CO INC are EXC, TRP, SRE, WEC, and ES.
- AEP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER CO INC's official web site, go to www.aep.com.
AEP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AEP's price/earnings ratio is 7.14% lower, now standing at 19.5.
- AEP's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 12.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEP.
AEP Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -5.77%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 5.55%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 25.89%.
The table below shows AEP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.33% of graded US stocks.
- AEP's asset turnover comes in at 0.195 -- ranking 65th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ED, CMS, and ATO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEP.
The table below shows AEP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$86.98||52-week high||$105.60|
|Prev. close||$89.07||52-week low||$80.22|
|Day high||$90.00||Avg. volume||2,890,635|
|50-day MA||$100.15||Dividend yield||3.5%|
|200-day MA||$95.94||Market Cap||44.68B|
Most Popular Stories View All
AEP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEP Latest Social Stream
View Full AEP Social Stream
Latest AEP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEP as an investment opportunity.
American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) has made organizational and executive leadership changes to support the company's strategic priorities and executive succession plans, according to Nicholas K. Akins, chair and chief executive officer.
Mohamed El-Erian Says Stagflation Is Coming; Here Are 2 ‘Strong Buy’ Dividend Stocks to Protect Your Portfolio
The ‘70s are coming back in a big way, and while that’s not so bad in fashion or in music, it’s safe to say that no one really wants that ‘70s economy back. That was the decade that brought stagflation, a nasty mix of high inflation, increasing unemployment, and stagnant job growth. Economists had long thought that combo impossible, but the economic mismanagement of the Carter Administration proved them wrong. At least one top economist, Mohamed El-Erian from Allianz, sees a stagflationary period on the way, in the form of a global economic crash that few nations will escape unharmed.
Datamaran Secures £11.7 Million Series B Investment to Deliver on Rising Demand for Strategic ESG Insight
Datamaran, the only ESG risk management software platform, today announced the completion of a £11.7 million Series B funding round led by Fortive (NYSE:FTV) with participation from American Electric Power (NASDAQ:AEP), both long-standing partners and clients.
American Electric Power (Nasdaq: AEP) today issued a request for proposal (RFP) for the supply of coal to one or more of its generating stations in multiple coal regions. AEP seeks proposals for the following regions and terms:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said roof-crush resistance standards didn’t apply to the 2002 Ford F-250 pickup truck, and because of this, the agency hadn’t tested this truck for roof crush. A Business & Finance article on Friday about older Ford trucks incorrectly quoted NHTSA as saying the 2002 F-250 truck was built to meet the roof-crush requirements at the time for vehicles with its gross weight and cited this as the reason the truck hadn’t been tested. The West Virginia Public Service Commission ordered three American Electric Power coal plants to operate at historical levels.
AEP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Electric Power Co Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Electric Power Co Inc (AEP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch