AFLAC Incorporated (AFL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AFL POWR Grades
- AFL scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.66% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AFL is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- AFL's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 27.48% of US stocks).
AFL Stock Summary
- AFL has a higher market value than 92.74% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $36,559,300,517.
- AFL's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- AFL's current price/earnings ratio is 6.64, which is higher than only 8.61% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Aflac Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TRV, WBA, ALL, ROK, and PPG.
- AFL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Aflac Inc's official web site, go to www.aflac.com.
AFL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AFL's price/earnings ratio is 44.63% lower, now standing at 6.7.
- AFL's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, AFL's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AFL.
AFL Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -16.89%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 3.39%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 45.6%.
The table below shows AFL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AFL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AFL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.64||52-week high||$57.57|
|Prev. close||$53.79||52-week low||$33.37|
|Day high||$56.20||Avg. volume||3,506,733|
|50-day MA||$54.59||Dividend yield||2.45%|
|200-day MA||$48.75||Market Cap||37.82B|
AFLAC Incorporated (AFL) Company Bio
Aflac Inc. provides supplemental health and life insurance products. It operates through two segments, Aflac Japan and Aflac U.S. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Columbus, Georgia.
AFL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Aflac Inc. To summarize, we found that Aflac Inc ranked in the 54th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Aflac Inc ended up being:
- In the past 5.74 years, Aflac Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.02%; that's better than only 19.79% of cash flow producing equities in the Financial Services sector, where it is classified.
- Aflac Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.87% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Aflac Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AFL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AFL Latest Social Stream
View Full AFL Social Stream
Latest AFL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Aflac Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AFL as an investment opportunity.
AFLAC (AFL): Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $1.59 beats by $0.31; GAAP EPS of $1.62 beats by $0.37.Revenue of $5.56B (+2.8% Y/Y) beats by $190M.Commenting on the company's results, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Daniel P. Amos stated: "The company generated strong earnings for the first six months, largely supported by low benefit...
Aflac Incorporated Announces Second Quarter Results, Reports Second Quarter Net Earnings of $1.1 Billion, Declares Third Quarter Cash Dividend
Aflac Incorporated (NYSE: AFL) today reported its second quarter results.
Digitizing the Office
Aflac (AFL) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Insurance companies are likely to have gained from improved pricing and lower auto claims, partly offset by catastrophe claims in Q2.
AFL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|