AFLAC Incorporated (AFL): Price and Financial Metrics
AFL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.84||52-week high||$74.01|
|Prev. close||$68.40||52-week low||$52.07|
|Day high||$68.32||Avg. volume||2,539,748|
|50-day MA||$66.28||Dividend yield||2.5%|
|200-day MA||$66.28||Market Cap||40.99B|
AFL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AFL POWR Grades
- AFL scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.05% of US stocks.
- AFL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AFL's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 22.62% of US stocks).
AFL Stock Summary
- AFL has a higher market value than 94.3% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $39,008,894,797.
- AFL's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of AFLAC INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AFLAC INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CRH, DLTR, GWW, TT, and COF.
- Visit AFL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aflac.com.
AFL Valuation Summary
- AFL's EV/EBIT ratio is 9; this is 16.67% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AFL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AFL.
AFL Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -14.33%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -21.76%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 16.71%.
The table below shows AFL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AFL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AFL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.24% of graded US stocks.
- AFL's asset turnover comes in at 0.14 -- ranking 102nd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- JRVR, CRVL, and MHLD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AFL.
The table below shows AFL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AFL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AFL, see our AFL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$57.70||Average Broker Recommendation||1.86 (Hold)|
AFLAC Incorporated (AFL) Company Bio
Aflac Inc. provides supplemental health and life insurance products. It operates through two segments, Aflac Japan and Aflac U.S. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Columbus, Georgia.
AFL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AFL Latest Social Stream
View Full AFL Social Stream
Latest AFL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AFLAC INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AFL as an investment opportunity.
Coach Nick Saban, Ms. Terry Saban surprise children with award-winning My Special Aflac Duck®
Legendary Alabama football coach Nick Saban and Aflac Incorporated, a leading provider of health supplemental insurance in the U.S., expanded their starting lineup to include My Special Aflac Duck, a free-of-charge resource created for children ages 3 and up with cancer and sickle cell disease. In collaboration with Nick and Terry Saban and Aflac, Children's of Alabama hosted a special delivery event where 18 patients each received the social robot as part of Aflac's 28-year, $168-plus million p
25 S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats To Avoid
In this article, we discuss 25 dividend aristocrats to avoid according to hedge funds. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance, and go directly to read 10 S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats To Avoid. Over the years, there has been an observable shift in focus from growth stocks to dividend stocks […]
Aflac (AFL) is a Top-Ranked Value Stock: Should You Buy?
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Joan Clarke-Narcisse Is Her True Self at Aflac
NORTHAMPTON, MA / ACCESSWIRE / May 30, 2023 / Aflac Incorporated Originally published on Modern Counsel BY BRITTANY FARB GRUBER Hailing from Guyana, Joan Clarke-Narcisse was first exposed to the field of law by her father who served as a judge ...
The total return for Aflac (NYSE:AFL) investors has risen faster than earnings growth over the last three years
One simple way to benefit from the stock market is to buy an index fund. But if you choose individual stocks with...
AFL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AFLWant to do more research on Aflac Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Aflac Inc (AFL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Aflac Inc (AFL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Aflac Inc (AFL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...