AFLAC Incorporated (AFL): Price and Financial Metrics
AFL Stock Summary
- AFL has a higher market value than 93.05% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $36,839,408,940.
- Aflac Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.8% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.71, Aflac Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 7.72% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Aflac Inc are CRH, BF.B, FAST, TRI, and VFC.
- AFL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Aflac Inc's official web site, go to www.aflac.com.
AFL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AFL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.40||52-week high||$53.71|
|Prev. close||$52.94||52-week low||$30.32|
|Day high||$53.56||Avg. volume||3,627,525|
|50-day MA||$50.62||Dividend yield||2.49%|
|200-day MA||$42.70||Market Cap||36.72B|
AFLAC Incorporated (AFL) Company Bio
Aflac Inc. provides supplemental health and life insurance products. It operates through two segments, Aflac Japan and Aflac U.S. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Columbus, Georgia.
AFL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Aflac Inc. To summarize, we found that Aflac Inc ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 5.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AFL, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.56 years, is -0.02% -- higher than only 21.23% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- AFL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 18.59% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Aflac Inc experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than just 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AFL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AFL Latest Social Stream
View Full AFL Social Stream
Latest AFL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Aflac Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AFL as an investment opportunity.
Investing in different stock sectors allows you to diversify your portfolio through targeted exposure from companies in specific segments of the economy. Utilizing sector-based investment strategies can help you capitalize on changing business cycles. 1. The Energy Minerals Sector - Up 16.11% Over 3 Months The Energy Minerals Sector consists of companies that are in the business of producing or supplying energy. Apa Corp (NASDAQ: APA) is up 19.80% this week. Apa Corp is a holding company for Apache Corporation that is headquartered in Houston. They contribute to global progress by helping meet the world's energy needs. Shares of APA Corp dropped 5.92% down to $17.00 on Tuesday. 2. The Finance Sector - Up 14.75% Over 3 Months The finance sector consists of firms and institutions that spe...
Aflac Incorporated (NYSE: AFL) announced today that it will release first quarter financial results after the market closes on April 28, 2021. At that time, earnings materials, including the first quarter 2021 earnings release and Financial Analysts Briefing supplement, will be available on the company's Investor Relations website, investors.aflac.com.
Aflac Incorporated announced today that the company has released its 2020 Business and Sustainability Report, titled "65 Years of the Aflac Way: Making a Difference While Balancing Purpose and Profit." The comprehensive, multimedia report consolidates information traditionally found in the company's Environmental Social Governance (ESG), Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Year-in-Review reports into an integrated, easy-to-navigate online document with options for stakeholders to create customized reports. The 2020 Business and Sustainability report is available at Aflac's ESG website at esg.aflac.com.
AM Best has assigned the Long-Term Issue Credit Ratings (Long-Term IR) of "a-" to the new yen-denominated senior unsecured notes of Aflac Incorporated (Aflac) (Columbus, GA) [NYSE:AFL], which total JPY 82.0 billion. The offering consists of JPY 30.0 billion of 0.633% senior unsecured notes due 2031, JPY 12.0 billion of 0.844% senior unsecured notes due 2033, JPY 10.0 billion 1.039% senior unsecured notes due 2036, JPY 10.0 billion 1.264% senior unsecured notes due 2041 and JPY 20.0 billion 1.56% senior unsecured notes due 2051. The outlook assigned to these Long-Term IRs is stable. Aflac’s existing Long-Term Issuer Credit Ratings remain unchanged.
Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez, NextGen America Executive Director, joins Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous and Kristin Myers to discuss Texas lawmakers advancing with restrictive election bill.
AFL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|