AFLAC Incorporated (AFL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AFL POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AFL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.95% of US stocks.
- AFL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AFL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 38th percentile.
AFL Stock Summary
- AFL has a market capitalization of $37,599,030,441 -- more than approximately 94% of US stocks.
- AFLAC INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.25% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AFL is more volatile than only 8.42% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AFLAC INC are ALL, MTB, RELX, WBA, and DFS.
- AFL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AFLAC INC's official web site, go to www.aflac.com.
AFL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AFL's EV/EBIT ratio is 27.84% lower, now standing at 7.
- Over the past 243 months, AFL's price/earnings ratio has gone down 12.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AFL.
AFL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 8.63%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -13.08%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -7.14%.
The table below shows AFL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AFL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AFL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.24% of graded US stocks.
- AFL's asset turnover comes in at 0.14 -- ranking 102nd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- JRVR, CRVL, and MHLD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AFL.
The table below shows AFL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AFL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AFL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.37||52-week high||$67.20|
|Prev. close||$57.79||52-week low||$52.04|
|Day high||$57.92||Avg. volume||2,841,556|
|50-day MA||$59.72||Dividend yield||2.77%|
|200-day MA||$60.01||Market Cap||36.25B|
AFLAC Incorporated (AFL) Company Bio
Aflac Inc. provides supplemental health and life insurance products. It operates through two segments, Aflac Japan and Aflac U.S. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Columbus, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
AFL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AFL Latest Social Stream
View Full AFL Social Stream
Latest AFL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AFLAC INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AFL as an investment opportunity.
Most Americans, especially those with more income and education, are more concerned about mental health than challenges over the economy, the political environment or COVID-19. A surprising percentage of employees are ready to quit their jobs and start a business, and budget cutting due to the economy is reducing financial support for charity, friends and family only half as much as household spending. These are some of the findings of the recently released 2022 Aflac Risk Survey of 1,644 Americ
Award-Winning Robotic Duck Flocks to the Big Easy, Delivering Joy During National Awareness Month for Childhood Cancer and Sickle Cell
Free of charge resource My Special Aflac Duck® helps comfort 50 pediatric cancer and sickle cell patients in Louisiana
During times of heightened volatility, an established income stream is undoubtedly a major positive, allowing investors to offset losses in other positions and reap those sweet dividend payouts.
A review of 19 blue-chip, investment grade, dividend growth stocks in the S&P 500 that offer a margin of safety.
When you're looking to build wealth through the stock market, one of the best investors you could emulate is Warren Buffett, chief executive officer of Berkshire Hathaway. Since 1965, Buffett's company has delivered investors a 20% return compounded annually -- or a total return of 3,600,000% over 57 years! One of Buffett's early moves was buying National Indemnity Corp., a property and casualty insurer, back in 1967.
AFL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|