Allete, Inc. (ALE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALE POWR Grades
- ALE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 88.94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALE is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- ALE ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
ALE Stock Summary
- ALE's went public 37.1 years ago, making it older than 93.53% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of ALLETE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For ALE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 89.53% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PNW, IRT, EVRG, NOMD, and NFG.
- Visit ALE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.allete.com.
ALE Valuation Summary
- ALE's price/sales ratio is 2.4; this is 11.11% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ALE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 17.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALE.
ALE Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -5.11%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 22.29%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 14.52%.
The table below shows ALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 8.28% of graded US stocks.
- ALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.215 -- ranking 52nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- BKH, DTE, and UTL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALE.
The table below shows ALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.35||52-week high||$68.46|
|Prev. close||$61.01||52-week low||$47.77|
|Day high||$61.40||Avg. volume||280,789|
|50-day MA||$64.69||Dividend yield||4.31%|
|200-day MA||$60.16||Market Cap||3.45B|
Allete, Inc. (ALE) Company Bio
ALLETE Inc. provides regulated electric, natural gas, and water services in northwestern Wisconsin as well as regulated utility electric service in northeastern Minnesota. The company also owns and maintains electric transmission assets in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Illinois. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Duluth, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALE Latest Social Stream
View Full ALE Social Stream
Latest ALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALLETE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALE as an investment opportunity.
DULUTH, Minn., January 24, 2023--The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (MPUC) on Monday approved a rate increase of approximately $59 million, or approximately 9%, that Minnesota Power, a utility division of ALLETE Inc. (NYSE: ALE), is allowed to recover through the base rates that it charges to residential and business electric customers. The commission also authorized a return on equity of 9.65% for the company. The decision is subject to a final written order and reconsideration.
DULUTH, Minn., January 19, 2023--ALLETE Inc. (NYSE:ALE) will announce its financial results for 2022 before the stock markets open on Thursday, Feb. 16, 2023.
How far off is ALLETE, Inc. ( NYSE:ALE ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data, we'll take a...
In this article, we discuss top 25 high-yielding dividend achievers. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance, and go directly to read Dividend Achievers List Ranked By Yield: Top 10. Dividend Achievers are the stocks that have raised their payouts for at least 10 years straight. These companies usually have […]
Allete with ticker code (ALE) now have 7 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 83 and 53 calculating the mean target price we have 66. Now with the previous closing price of 63.9 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 3.3%. The day 50 moving average is 59 while the 200 day moving average is 60.33. The company has a market cap of $3,644m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: https://www.allete.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="ALE" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $3,764m based on the market concensus. ALLETE operates as an energy company. The company operates through Regulated Operations...
ALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|