Allete, Inc. (ALE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALE POWR Grades
- ALE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALE is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- ALE ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
ALE Stock Summary
- ALLETE INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of ALLETE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.47% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of ALLETE INC's share price is greater than that of only 5.53% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NOMD, NFG, UTL, MDU, and NWN.
- ALE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALLETE INC's official web site, go to www.allete.com.
ALE Valuation Summary
- ALE's EV/EBIT ratio is 21.3; this is 4.27% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ALE's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALE.
ALE Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -56.46%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1.27%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 14.51%.
The table below shows ALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 8.28% of graded US stocks.
- ALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.215 -- ranking 52nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- BKH, DTE, and UTL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALE.
The table below shows ALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.72||52-week high||$68.61|
|Prev. close||$51.47||52-week low||$49.53|
|Day high||$51.22||Avg. volume||313,649|
|50-day MA||$59.12||Dividend yield||5.05%|
|200-day MA||$61.55||Market Cap||2.84B|
Allete, Inc. (ALE) Company Bio
ALLETE Inc. provides regulated electric, natural gas, and water services in northwestern Wisconsin as well as regulated utility electric service in northeastern Minnesota. The company also owns and maintains electric transmission assets in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Illinois. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Duluth, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALE Latest Social Stream
View Full ALE Social Stream
Latest ALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALLETE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALE as an investment opportunity.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Allete (ALE) have what it takes? Let's find out.
ALLETE (NYSE:ALE) sheds US$110m, company earnings and investor returns have been trending downwards for past three years
For many investors, the main point of stock picking is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But its...
This dividend ETF article series aims at evaluating products regarding the relative past performance of their strategies and quality metrics of their current portfolios. Holdings and weights change over time, so updated reviews are posted when necessary.
DES strategy and portfolio
The WisdomTree U.S. SmallCap Dividend Fund (DES) has been tracking the WisdomTree U.S. SmallCap Dividend Index since 6/16/2006. It has 665 holdings, a distribution yield of 2.74% and a total expense ratio of 0.38%.
As described in the prospectus,
Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of North American Utilities issuers
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of North American Utilities issuersGlobal Credit Research - 30 Aug 2022New York, August 30, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings -and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical units for the rated entity(entities) listed below.The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 23 August 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. A possible outcome from periodic reviews is a referral of a rating to a rating committee.Th...
DULUTH, Minn., August 22, 2022--ALLETE Inc. (NYSE:ALE) today announced several key leadership changes as the company continues to advance its sustainability in action strategy.
ALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|