Allete, Inc. (ALE): Price and Financial Metrics
ALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.84||52-week high||$66.93|
|Prev. close||$56.25||52-week low||$49.29|
|Day high||$56.55||Avg. volume||305,869|
|50-day MA||$54.15||Dividend yield||4.84%|
|200-day MA||$58.39||Market Cap||3.21B|
ALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALE POWR Grades
- ALE scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 78.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALE is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- ALE's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 27.52% of US stocks).
ALE Stock Summary
- ALE's went public 37.95 years ago, making it older than 93.02% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of ALLETE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.17% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For ALE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88.08% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MDU, MGEE, UTL, NFG, and EVRG.
- ALE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALLETE INC's official web site, go to www.allete.com.
ALE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, ALE's price/sales ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 1.7.
- Over the past 243 months, ALE's price/earnings ratio has gone up 7.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALE.
ALE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -15.11%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1.27%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -18.09%.
The table below shows ALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 8.28% of graded US stocks.
- ALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.215 -- ranking 52nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- BKH, DTE, and UTL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALE.
The table below shows ALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Allete, Inc. (ALE) Company Bio
ALLETE Inc. provides regulated electric, natural gas, and water services in northwestern Wisconsin as well as regulated utility electric service in northeastern Minnesota. The company also owns and maintains electric transmission assets in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Illinois. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Duluth, Minnesota.
ALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALE Latest Social Stream
View Full ALE Social Stream
Latest ALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALLETE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALE as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will take a look at the 11 most undervalued utility stocks to buy according to hedge funds. To skip our analysis of the recent market trends and activity, you can go directly to see the 5 Most Undervalued Utility Stocks to Buy According to Hedge Funds. The utility sector includes companies […]
Key Insights ALLETE's estimated fair value is US$55.94 based on Dividend Discount Model Current share price of US$55.10...
In this article, we discuss top 30 dividend achievers according to dividend yield. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend growers and their performance over the years, and go directly to read Dividend Achievers List Ranked By Yield: Top 10. Dividend Achievers are a group of companies known for consistently increasing their dividends for […]
Minnesota Power Advances EnergyForward with Request for Proposals for up to 300 Megawatts of Solar Energy
DULUTH, Minn., November 15, 2023--Minnesota Power, a utility division of ALLETE Inc. (NYSE: ALE), took an important step in advancing its EnergyForward vision for 100% carbon-free energy with the issuance of a Request for Proposals (RFP) for up to 300 megawatts of regional solar energy to come online by 2027.
ALLETE, Inc. ( NYSE:ALE ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in four days. Typically, the ex-dividend date is one...
ALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|