Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALK POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ALK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.05% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALK is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- ALK's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 12.77% of US stocks).
ALK Stock Summary
- Alaska Air Group Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that ALK's revenue has grown 73.19% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 88.26% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for ALK comes in at 13.21% -- higher than that of 87.41% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Alaska Air Group Inc are UAA, WOOF, RL, TPR, and BLD.
- ALK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Alaska Air Group Inc's official web site, go to www.alaskaair.com.
ALK Valuation Summary
- ALK's price/sales ratio is 1.9; this is 42.42% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- ALK's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ALK's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALK.
ALK Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 175.64%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 156.47%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 939.74%.
The table below shows ALK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALK has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.05% of graded US stocks.
- ALK's asset turnover comes in at 0.358 -- ranking 56th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- DAL, AAL, and JBLU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALK.
The table below shows ALK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.13||52-week high||$70.90|
|Prev. close||$45.16||52-week low||$43.39|
|Day high||$47.67||Avg. volume||2,105,860|
|50-day MA||$52.82||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$54.39||Market Cap||5.94B|
Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK) Company Bio
Alaska Air Group provides passengers and cargo air transportation services primarily in the United States. The company operates through Alaska Mainline and Alaska Regional segments. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALK Latest Social Stream
View Full ALK Social Stream
Latest ALK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alaska Air Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALK as an investment opportunity.
This article is part of my series on the airline industry in the U.S. You can read the prior articles here: JETS: The Airlines Are Tradable, Not Investable American Airlines: Operational Efficiencies Need To Produce In 2022 The King of the Pacific Northwest Alaska Air Group (ALK) has the unique...
Alaska Air Group found using ticker (ALK) have now 13 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 83 and 61 with the average target price sitting at 73.08. With the stocks previous close at 58.89 this would imply there is a potential upside of 24.1%. The day 50 moving average is 54.06 and the 200 day MA is 57.74. The company has a market capitalisation of $7,402m. Find out more information at: https://www.alaskaair.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets=ALK" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $9,186m based on the market concensus. Alaska Air Group, through its subsidiaries, provides passenger and cargo air transportation ser...
SEATTLE, Washington: Seattle-based Alaska Airlines has announced a new Flight Pass subscription program, which kicked off on 16th February. For a set monthly fee, the pass offers passengers a fixed number of economy round-trip flights to destinations within California, as well as on flights to Phoenix, Reno, and Las Vegas. The airline will offer two subscription plans, "Flight Pass" and "Flight Pass Pro," w
Alaska Airlines offers subscription program for West Coast flyers — but Seattle travelers will have to wait
The subscription, however, doesn't include Pacific Northwest destinations. The company told the Business Journal that the program is designed to respond to high levels of demand in California, but it will consider expanding based on customer response.
Today’s edition of Skift’s daily podcast talks about Hilton’s post-Covid plans for China, Alaska Air’s new subscription flying program, and AirAsia’s air taxi investment. Listen Subscribe Episode Notes Here’s what you need to know about the business of travel today. A surge in Covid cases drove China to enact further travel restrictions. One big result? […]
ALK Price Returns