Alaska Air Group Inc. (ALK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALK POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where ALK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.01% of US stocks.
- ALK's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- ALK's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 16% of US stocks).
ALK Stock Summary
- ALK's went public 36.9 years ago, making it older than 93.43% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 110.04, ALASKA AIR GROUP INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 95.76% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- As for revenue growth, note that ALK's revenue has grown 78.29% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 89.04% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALASKA AIR GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be SPXC, CWST, MTZ, KEX, and B.
- ALK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALASKA AIR GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.alaskaair.com.
ALK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, ALK's price/sales ratio is 65% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- ALK's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALK.
ALK Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 1250%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -7.14%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 6.64%.
The table below shows ALK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALK has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.05% of graded US stocks.
- ALK's asset turnover comes in at 0.358 -- ranking 56th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- DAL, AAL, and JBLU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALK.
The table below shows ALK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.90||52-week high||$61.55|
|Prev. close||$46.34||52-week low||$38.19|
|Day high||$47.22||Avg. volume||1,787,740|
|50-day MA||$43.28||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$47.26||Market Cap||5.95B|
Most Popular Stories View All
ALK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALK Latest Social Stream
View Full ALK Social Stream
Latest ALK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALASKA AIR GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALK as an investment opportunity.
We know our guests love our Lounges at Alaska Airlines – spaces filled with a West Coast vibe to kick back and unwind or get a little work done. Since 2018, we've doubled the footprint in our Lounges and invested $30 million in overall improvements, including our award-winning Flagship Lounge at the N Concourse in Seattle, our new Lounge in San Francisco and a new patio space at Concourse C Lounge in Portland.
Up-and-coming stocks to buy come in all shapes and sizes.
The S&P 500 has gotten absolutely hammered in 2022.
Why Investors in Alaska Air Group ALK Consider Price Action to be a Tell
Stocks rocketed higher on Thursday following a government report that showed inflation eased last month, leading investors to hope the Federal Reserve might be able to slow rate hikes sooner rather than later. Airlines, a sector that historically has suffered during an economic slowdown, outperformed the broader averages. Shares of JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU) traded up as much as 9%, while shares of American Airlines Group (NASDAQ: AAL), Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL), United Airlines Holdings (NASDAQ: UAL), Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) and Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK) were all up 4% or more as well.
ALK Price Returns