Ally Financial Inc. (ALLY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALLY POWR Grades
- ALLY scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 76.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALLY is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- ALLY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
ALLY Stock Summary
- ALLY's current price/earnings ratio is 3.68, which is higher than just 8.12% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for ALLY FINANCIAL INC is higher than merely 6.09% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.47 for ALLY FINANCIAL INC; that's greater than it is for 93.85% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ALLY FINANCIAL INC are AEL, ATLC, SYF, CNSL, and EXTN.
- ALLY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALLY FINANCIAL INC's official web site, go to www.ally.com.
ALLY Valuation Summary
- ALLY's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.4; this is 3.09% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 105 months, ALLY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 476.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALLY.
ALLY Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 43.65%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 19.3%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 177.3%.
The table below shows ALLY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALLY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALLY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 46.66% of graded US stocks.
- ALLY's asset turnover comes in at 0.042 -- ranking 147th of 430 Banking stocks.
- HWBK, PDLB, and CBAN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALLY.
The table below shows ALLY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALLY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALLY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.53||52-week high||$56.28|
|Prev. close||$29.29||52-week low||$27.97|
|Day high||$28.92||Avg. volume||4,028,337|
|50-day MA||$33.08||Dividend yield||4.1%|
|200-day MA||$40.58||Market Cap||8.80B|
Ally Financial Inc. (ALLY) Company Bio
Ally Financial offers a full spectrum of financial products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, vehicle service contracts, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services, as well as a variety of insurance offerings, including inventory insurance, insurance consultative services for dealers and other ancillary products. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Detroit, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALLY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALLY Latest Social Stream
View Full ALLY Social Stream
Latest ALLY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALLY FINANCIAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALLY as an investment opportunity.
Ally Financial intends to be flexible on employees' return to office — to a point. Here's what that company and other big banks in Charlotte are doing to bring workers back.
Editor's note: This profile is part of CBJ's inaugural Power 100, which highlights key players in the Charlotte region's next phase of growth with a focus on jobs, economic diversification and innovation. With seven years under his belt as Ally Financial Inc.’s CEO, Jeffrey Brown isn’t nearly finished with the bank’s goals to consistently expand, reshape and bring diversity to the company. Brown, who sits in Charlotte, is bringing diversification to Ally (NYSE: ALLY) with efforts to separate the digital bank from its auto-finance roots.
Ally and Thurgood Marshall College Fund team up for 4th annual Moguls in the Making entrepreneurial pitch competition
The team from Morehouse College took top honors in this year's Moguls in the Making entrepreneurial pitch competition, where 60 students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) developed innovative and impactful solutions to address economic mobility challenges using vital business skills.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) has scheduled the release of its third quarter 2022 financial results on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, at approximately 7:30 a.m. ET. The results will be available on the Ally Press Room website (http://media.ally.com).
Investors need to pay close attention to Ally Financial (ALLY) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
ALLY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|