Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALXN POWR Grades
- ALXN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 95.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALXN is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- ALXN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 5.04% of US stocks).
ALXN Stock Summary
- ALXN has a higher market value than 92.92% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $39,661,900,824.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 58.17, Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 84.38% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 14.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALXN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TEL, A, BAX, KLAC, and CNC.
- ALXN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc's official web site, go to www.alexion.com.
ALXN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, ALXN's price/sales ratio is 48.82% lower, now standing at 6.5.
- Over the past 243 months, ALXN's price/sales ratio has gone down 29.2.
- ALXN's price/sales ratio has moved down 29.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALXN.
ALXN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALXN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$182.50||52-week high||$187.45|
|Prev. close||$179.45||52-week low||$99.91|
|Day high||$182.67||Avg. volume||3,309,941|
|50-day MA||$179.55||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$153.74||Market Cap||40.34B|
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN) Company Bio
Alexion Pharmaceuticals a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes life-transforming therapeutic products. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Cheshire, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALXN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALXN Latest Social Stream
View Full ALXN Social Stream
Latest ALXN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALXN as an investment opportunity.
AstraZeneca (NASDAQ: AZN) hopes to soon close its planned acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALXN). In this Motley Fool Live video recorded on July 7, Motley Fool contributors Keith Speights and Brian Orelli discuss whether or not the Alexion acquisition is a good deal for AstraZeneca. Keith Speights: AstraZeneca has experienced multiple problems with the launch of its COVID-19 vaccine and we're not going to get into all of those problems but there's more news non-COVID related for AstraZeneca now.
With UK approval, the $39 billion deal for rare disorders biotech company Alexion Pharmaceuticals is set to close on July 21.
Moderna (MRNA) stock is on the rise Friday as the company prepares to join the S&P 500 next week replacing Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN).
What did the stock market do today?
Moderna is joining the S&P 500 on July 21, replacing Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
ALXN Price Returns
Continue Researching ALXNWant to see what other sources are saying about Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc (ALXN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch