AMETEK, Inc. (AME): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AME POWR Grades
- AME scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 95.51% of US stocks.
- AME's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- AME's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 20.07% of US stocks).
AME Stock Summary
- AME has a higher market value than 91.82% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $31,672,874,180.
- Of note is the ratio of Ametek Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Ametek Inc's share price is greater than that of only 16.35% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ametek Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NUE, GLW, ADM, VRSK, and APTV.
- AME's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ametek Inc's official web site, go to www.ametek.com.
AME Valuation Summary
- AME's EV/EBIT ratio is 30.1; this is 21.37% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AME's price/earnings ratio has gone up $24.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AME.
AME Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AME Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$136.99||52-week high||$139.07|
|Prev. close||$137.16||52-week low||$84.53|
|Day high||$137.62||Avg. volume||982,289|
|50-day MA||$134.35||Dividend yield||0.58%|
|200-day MA||$119.34||Market Cap||31.63B|
AMETEK, Inc. (AME) Company Bio
Ametek Inc. manufactures electronic instruments and electromechanical devices worldwide for the aerospace, power, industrials, oil, gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, factory automation, laboratory equipment, ultra precision manufacturing, medical, and test and measurement markets. The company was founded in 1930 and is based in Berwyn, Pennsylvania.
AME Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AME, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Ametek Inc ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Ametek Inc ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 88.54% of its sector Industrials.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 7% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 22.36% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- AME's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 42.97% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AME Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AME Latest Social Stream
View Full AME Social Stream
Latest AME News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ametek Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AME as an investment opportunity.
Positive earnings news on Gamestop was met by a wave of selling, as short squeezers were squeezed.
Ametek (AME) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
The worst result, after buying shares in a company (assuming no leverage), would be if you lose all the money you put...
The SkyBitz Small Tank LPG Solution Means Big Tank Margins for Propane Distributors SmartTank ST40 SmartTank ST40 Propane Solution HERNDON, Va., May 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SkyBitz, a leader in IoT telematics solutions, announced the launch of their SmartTank ST40 Propane Monitoring Solution today. The scalable hardware solution, combined with the SmartTank data portal, delivers real-time data intelligence to propane marketers who struggle with inefficiencies in their small tank distribution strategy. The device can be installed in minutes and is equipped with a long-term battery life of over five years, making it the perfect monitoring tool capable of providing total visibility across all small propane tanks. Once installed, SkyBitz eliminates the need for manual servicing with ov...
Companies In The News Are: VMC, XYL, BEN, AME.
AME Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|