AMETEK Inc. (AME): Price and Financial Metrics
AME Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$151.06||52-week high||$164.75|
|Prev. close||$151.41||52-week low||$110.87|
|Day high||$151.57||Avg. volume||965,625|
|50-day MA||$156.72||Dividend yield||0.66%|
|200-day MA||$147.33||Market Cap||34.85B|
AME Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AME POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AME ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AME is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- AME ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
AME Stock Summary
- AMETEK INC's market capitalization of $35,176,676,479 is ahead of 93.32% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of AMETEK INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.22% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of AMETEK INC's share price is greater than that of only 8.54% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMETEK INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GPN, NUE, BR, CPNG, and APH.
- AME's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMETEK INC's official web site, go to www.ametek.com.
AME Valuation Summary
- AME's price/earnings ratio is 28.3; this is 52.15% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AME's price/earnings ratio has gone up 10.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AME.
AME Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 81.39%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -8.62%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 16.7%.
The table below shows AME's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AME's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AME has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.7% of graded US stocks.
- AME's asset turnover comes in at 0.473 -- ranking 32nd of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AYI, BYRN, and RRX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AME.
The table below shows AME's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMETEK Inc. (AME) Company Bio
AMETEK, Inc. is an American global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with a headquarters in the United States and over 220 manufacturing sites worldwide. (Source:Wikipedia)
AME Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AME Latest Social Stream
View Full AME Social Stream
Latest AME News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMETEK INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AME as an investment opportunity.
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? Firstly...
On September 14, 2023, Director Steven Kohlhagen sold 1,645 shares of AMETEK Inc (NYSE:AME). This transaction is part of a series of insider sells by Kohlhagen over the past year, totaling 17,460 shares sold and no shares purchased.
Wall Street is bullish on quite a few lesser-known tech stocks that investors will want to pay attention to. Considering their average broker recommendation (ABR), here are three of these stocks that stand out in particular.
AMETEK (AME) strengthens its Growth Model with the announcement of United Electronic Industries' acquisition.
AMETEK, Inc. (NYSE: AME) today announced that it has named Dalip Puri as Senior Vice President, Operational Finance, effective September 1, 2023. Mr. Puri will continue to report directly to William J. Burke, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
AME Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|