AMETEK, Inc. (AME): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AME POWR Grades
- AME scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 91.07% of US stocks.
- AME's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- AME's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 21.76% of US stocks).
AME Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $29,557,326,333, Ametek Inc has a greater market value than 90.93% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Ametek Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.33% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AME is more volatile than only 9.22% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AME, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CTLT, BR, PH, ADM, and LDOS.
- Visit AME's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ametek.com.
AME Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AME's price/earnings ratio is 37.81% higher, now standing at 35.9.
- AME's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, AME's price/earnings ratio has gone up 22.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AME.
AME Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 29.53%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 73.2%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -4.88%.
The table below shows AME's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AME's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AME has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.57% of graded US stocks.
- AME's asset turnover comes in at 0.457 -- ranking 33rd of 52 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AYI, CCF, and NOVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AME.
The table below shows AME's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AME Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AME Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$129.68||52-week high||$140.10|
|Prev. close||$127.84||52-week low||$94.90|
|Day high||$130.05||Avg. volume||976,688|
|50-day MA||$134.98||Dividend yield||0.63%|
|200-day MA||$128.87||Market Cap||29.98B|
AMETEK, Inc. (AME) Company Bio
Ametek Inc. manufactures electronic instruments and electromechanical devices worldwide for the aerospace, power, industrials, oil, gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, factory automation, laboratory equipment, ultra precision manufacturing, medical, and test and measurement markets. The company was founded in 1930 and is based in Berwyn, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
AME Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AME Latest Social Stream
View Full AME Social Stream
Latest AME News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ametek Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AME as an investment opportunity.
AMETEK with ticker code (AME) have now 15 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 175 and 150 calculating the average target price we see 158.47. With the stocks previous close at 131.76 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 20.3%. There is a 50 day moving average of 136.08 and the 200 day MA is 132.59. The market cap for the company is $30,156m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AME" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] AMETEK manufactures and sells electronic instruments and electromechanical devices worldwide. It operates in two segments, Electronic Instruments (EIG) and Electromechanical (...
Major players in the tunable diode laser analyzer market are Emerson Electric Co. , Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Servomex, AMETEK Inc, ABB Ltd, Mettler-Toledo International Inc. , NEO monitors, Siemens AG, SpectraSensors, Focused Photonics, Norsk Elektro Optikk (NEO) Monitors AS, Unisearch Associates Inc, Axetris AG, and Boreal Laser Inc. Major players in the tunable diode laser analyzer market are Emerson Electric Co. , Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Servomex, AMETEK Inc, ABB Ltd, Mettler-Toledo International Inc. , NEO monitors, Siemens AG, SpectraSensors, Focused Photonics, Norsk Elektro Optikk (NEO) Monitors AS, Unisearch Associates Inc, Axetris AG, and Boreal Laser Inc.
A look at the shareholders of AMETEK, Inc. ( NYSE:AME ) can tell us which group is most powerful. Large companies...
AMETEK with ticker code (AME) now have 15 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 175 and 150 and has a mean target at 158.47. Given that the stocks previous close was at 135.81 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 16.7%. There is a 50 day moving average of 136.58 and the 200 moving average now moves to 132.17. The market cap for the company is $31,305m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AME" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] AMETEK manufactures and sells electronic instruments and electromechanical devices worldwide. It operates in two segments, Electronic Instruments (EIG) and Electromechanical (EMG). The company''s EIG segmen...
Ametek (AME) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
AME Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|