AMETEK Inc. (AME): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AME POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AME ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.54% of US stocks.
- AME's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 178 days.
- AME's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 14.94% of US stocks).
AME Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $31,060,363,412, AMETEK INC has a greater market value than 92.94% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 167.61, AMETEK INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 84.02% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of AMETEK INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.09% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AME, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NUE, PH, ROP, RE, and STLD.
- AME's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMETEK INC's official web site, go to www.ametek.com.
AME Valuation Summary
- AME's price/earnings ratio is 26.8; this is 40.31% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AME's price/sales ratio has gone up 4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AME.
AME Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 81.39%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -8.62%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 16.7%.
The table below shows AME's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AME's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AME has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.7% of graded US stocks.
- AME's asset turnover comes in at 0.473 -- ranking 32nd of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AYI, BYRN, and RRX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AME.
The table below shows AME's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AME Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AME, see our AME price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$158.47||Average Broker Recommendation||1.56 (Moderate Buy)|
AME Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AME Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$137.84||52-week high||$148.06|
|Prev. close||$134.99||52-week low||$106.17|
|Day high||$138.09||Avg. volume||1,033,252|
|50-day MA||$142.50||Dividend yield||0.74%|
|200-day MA||$129.23||Market Cap||31.74B|
AMETEK Inc. (AME) Company Bio
AMETEK, Inc. is an American global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with a headquarters in the United States and over 220 manufacturing sites worldwide. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AME Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AME Latest Social Stream
View Full AME Social Stream
Latest AME News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMETEK INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AME as an investment opportunity.
Investors in AMETEK (NYSE:AME) have made a solid return of 113% over the past three years
The worst result, after buying shares in a company (assuming no leverage), would be if you lose all the money you put...
Semtech (SMTC) to Boost 5G Market Reach With New Solutions
Semtech (SMTC) announces the production availability of two new solutions, GN1300 and GN1400, to expand its FiberEdge portfolio.
Vishay (VSH) Unveils New Devices, Expands Resistor Offerings
Vishay (VSH) introduces a new series of automotive-grade thick film chip resistors - Vishay Techno CDMA.
MACOM (MTSI) Acquires Linearizer, Expands Product Portfolio
MACOM (MTSI) acquires Linearizer, which is known for correcting distortion in communications systems and linear optical links.
AMETEK Appoints Daniel J. Ketchum Vice President and General Manager, Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul (MRO) Division
AMETEK, Inc. (NYSE: AME) today announced the appointment of Daniel J. Ketchum as Vice President and General Manager, MRO Division, effective April 1, 2023. Mr. Ketchum currently serves as Division Vice President and Business Unit Manager for the FMH-PDT business within AMETEK's Aerospace and Defense Division.
AME Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AMEHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Ametek Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Ametek Inc (AME) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ametek Inc (AME) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ametek Inc (AME) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...