AMERISAFE, Inc. (AMSF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMSF POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AMSF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMSF is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 169 days.
- AMSF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
AMSF Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Amerisafe Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.52% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For AMSF, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0.39% of US equities we're observing.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Amerisafe Inc comes in at -5.08%, a number that bests just 16.92% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Amerisafe Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CURI, CDXC, WTTR, UFPT, and GSMG.
- Visit AMSF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amerisafe.com.
AMSF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AMSF's price/earnings ratio is 6.36% higher, now standing at 11.7.
- AMSF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 1.2 over the prior 192 months.
- AMSF's price/earnings ratio has moved down 178.6 over the prior 192 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMSF.
AMSF Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 0.29%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 12.66%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 120.46%.
The table below shows AMSF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMSF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMSF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.91% of graded US stocks.
- AMSF's asset turnover comes in at 0.219 -- ranking 75th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- EIG, JRVR, and MHLD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMSF.
The table below shows AMSF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMSF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMSF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.24||52-week high||$67.10|
|Prev. close||$51.53||52-week low||$50.56|
|Day high||$52.27||Avg. volume||92,342|
|50-day MA||$53.55||Dividend yield||2.25%|
|200-day MA||$58.05||Market Cap||1.01B|
AMERISAFE, Inc. (AMSF) Company Bio
Amerisafe is a specialty provider of workers' compensation insurance focused on small to mid-sized employers engaged in hazardous industries, principally construction, trucking, manufacturing, oil and gas and agriculture. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in DeRidder, Louisiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMSF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMSF Latest Social Stream
View Full AMSF Social Stream
Latest AMSF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amerisafe Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMSF as an investment opportunity.
In order to justify the effort of selecting individual stocks, it's worth striving to beat the returns from a market...
Unum Group (UNM) is poised to benefit from a favorable benefits experience, higher persistency, higher exchange rate, and a solid financial standing.
DERIDDER, La., December 20, 2021--AMERISAFE Announces Fourth Quarter Earnings Call
Equities analysts expect that AMERISAFE, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMSF) will announce sales of $74.78 million for the current quarter, Zacks Investment Research reports. Two analysts have made estimates for AMERISAFEs earnings, with estimates ranging from $74.70 million to $74.87 million. AMERISAFE reported sales of $82.00 million during the same quarter last year, which indicates a negative year-over-year 
TheStreet lowered shares of AMERISAFE (NASDAQ:AMSF) from a b rating to a c+ rating in a research note issued to investors on Monday, TheStreetRatingsTable reports. Separately, JMP Securities cut their price objective on AMERISAFE from $75.00 to $70.00 and set a market outperform rating on the stock in a research report on Friday, October 15th. 
AMSF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|