AMERISAFE, Inc. (AMSF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMSF POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AMSF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMSF is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- AMSF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
AMSF Stock Summary
- AMSF's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 269.79 -- higher than 89.26% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Amerisafe Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.1% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Amerisafe Inc is higher than it is for about merely 0.4% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Amerisafe Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CURI, DGLY, CJJD, RGR, and MPX.
- Visit AMSF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amerisafe.com.
AMSF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AMSF's price/earnings ratio is 6.36% higher, now standing at 11.7.
- AMSF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 1.2 over the prior 192 months.
- AMSF's price/earnings ratio has moved down 178.6 over the prior 192 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMSF.
AMSF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 5.66%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 18.17%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 14.45%.
The table below shows AMSF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMSF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMSF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.29% of graded US stocks.
- AMSF's asset turnover comes in at 0.223 -- ranking 75th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- GL, DGICA, and EIG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMSF.
The table below shows AMSF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMSF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMSF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.45||52-week high||$67.10|
|Prev. close||$57.92||52-week low||$53.50|
|Day high||$58.90||Avg. volume||76,509|
|50-day MA||$56.74||Dividend yield||1.98%|
|200-day MA||$59.98||Market Cap||1.13B|
AMERISAFE, Inc. (AMSF) Company Bio
Amerisafe is a specialty provider of workers' compensation insurance focused on small to mid-sized employers engaged in hazardous industries, principally construction, trucking, manufacturing, oil and gas and agriculture. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in DeRidder, Louisiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMSF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMSF Latest Social Stream
View Full AMSF Social Stream
Latest AMSF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amerisafe Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMSF as an investment opportunity.
Amerisafe (AMSF) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
Amerisafe's (AMSF) expertise in high-hazard market continues to generate solid underwriting and overall operating results.
AMERISAFE Announces Earnings Conference Call
AMERISAFE (AMSF) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
AMSF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|