Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMZN POWR Grades
- AMZN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 82.43% of US stocks.
- AMZN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- AMZN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
AMZN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $1,739,628,250,605, Amazon Com Inc has a greater market value than 99.93% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Amazon Com Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 10.62% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AMZN is more volatile than just 6.07% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMZN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GOOGL, MSFT, AAPL, FB, and TSLA.
- AMZN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Amazon Com Inc's official web site, go to www.amazon.com.
AMZN Valuation Summary
- AMZN's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 26.61% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMZN's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
- AMZN's price/sales ratio has moved up 3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMZN.
AMZN Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 24.39%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 117.92%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 154.72%.
The table below shows AMZN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMZN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMZN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.08% of graded US stocks.
- AMZN's asset turnover comes in at 1.378 -- ranking 89th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BIG, KR, and DG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMZN.
The table below shows AMZN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3,335.55||52-week high||$3,773.08|
|Prev. close||$3,435.01||52-week low||$2,881.00|
|Day high||$3,429.84||Avg. volume||3,401,399|
|50-day MA||$3,358.68||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3,319.96||Market Cap||1.69T|
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Company Bio
Originally called “Cadabra,” Amazon.com, Inc’s website was launched on July 16th, 1995 by CEO and founder Jeff Bezos, selling only books online. Amazon provides a full suite of online retail shopping services. Moreover, the company has expanded beyond retail e-commerce to focus on four discrete customer sets: consumers, sellers, enterprises, and content creators. The company also provides other marketing and promotional services, such as online advertising and co-branded credit card agreements. In addition, Amazon manufactures and sells products such as, Kindle E-reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa. The company operates through three segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca. The International segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally focused locations. AWS is the largest cloud computing platform, and the primary profit driver for Amazon. In 2020, AWS broke the record of being a $10 billion business. Amazon controls more than a third of the cloud market, almost twice its next closest competitor.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMZN Social Stream
Latest AMZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amazon Com Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMZN as an investment opportunity.
Following a strong 90% rally from the March pandemic lows to September’s record highs in 2020, global e-commerce giant Amazon's (AMZN) stock has underperformed the broader equities market (as measured by the S&P 500 Index) so far this year. Amazon stock’s 4.9% year-to-date gain for 2021 pales in comparison to the S&P’s 20% rally so far this year. I am bullish on the innovative company’s long-term prospects right now. (See Analysts’ Top Stocks on TipRanks) AMZN Stock to Grow E-commerce demand's strong show in 2020 was inevitable. Consumers had no other viable options to buy goods.
LMND stock appeals as a potential disruptor, particularly considering it's appeal to the younger generation.
Amazon (AMZN) is the e-commerce and web service provider we all know and love. Analysts, in particular, love the stock, with 32 unanimous Buy ratings, which is pretty unheard of for any widely-covered company. It's not a mystery as to why the Street is such a big fan of the name. Amazon stock has been stuck in a consolidation channel for well over a year, giving the company a chance to let its earnings catch up. The last time AMZN stock did nothing for an extended duration, shares eventually popped over 90% in a matter of months.
QS stock thesis for the long term is viable.
Some of the best startups now offer an interesting business model and are potential disruptors in their markets and industries.
AMZN Price Returns