Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMZN POWR Grades
- AMZN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 78.47% of US stocks.
- AMZN's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- AMZN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
AMZN Stock Summary
- AMZN has a higher market value than 99.93% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $1,012,208,127,343.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 89.39, AMAZON COM INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 94.24% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AMZN is more volatile than 99.85% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMZN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GOOGL, BRK.B, TSLA, XOM, and NVDA.
- AMZN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMAZON COM INC's official web site, go to www.amazon.com.
AMZN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, AMZN's price/earnings ratio is 243.53% higher, now standing at 87.6.
- Over the past 243 months, AMZN's price/earnings ratio has gone up 144.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMZN.
AMZN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 76.17%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 7.56%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 147.14%.
The table below shows AMZN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMZN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMZN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.65% of graded US stocks.
- AMZN's asset turnover comes in at 1.321 -- ranking 98th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ELA, BIG, and KR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMZN.
The table below shows AMZN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.24||52-week high||$170.83|
|Prev. close||$99.22||52-week low||$81.43|
|Day high||$103.49||Avg. volume||77,020,594|
|50-day MA||$91.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$113.17||Market Cap||1.04T|
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Company Bio
Originally called “Cadabra,” Amazon.com, Inc’s website was launched on July 16th, 1995 by CEO and founder Jeff Bezos, selling only books online. Amazon provides a full suite of online retail shopping services. Moreover, the company has expanded beyond retail e-commerce to focus on four discrete customer sets: consumers, sellers, enterprises, and content creators. The company also provides other marketing and promotional services, such as online advertising and co-branded credit card agreements. In addition, Amazon manufactures and sells products such as, Kindle E-reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa. The company operates through three segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca. The International segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally focused locations. AWS is the largest cloud computing platform, and the primary profit driver for Amazon. In 2020, AWS broke the record of being a $10 billion business. Amazon controls more than a third of the cloud market, almost twice its next closest competitor.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMZN Social Stream
Latest AMZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMAZON COM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMZN as an investment opportunity.
By Evan Bauman | Peter Bourbeau | Aram Green | Margaret Vitrano
Cash Flow Compounders Show Their Strength
Equities ended a tumultuous year on a positive note, grinding higher in the fourth quarter on better-than-expected corporate earnings and signs that inflation may have peaked. The S&P 500 Index rose 7.56% for the quarter but finished down 18.11% in a year marked by a historic tightening of financial conditions. With the Federal Reserve raising interest rates by 425 basis points, its most aggressive campaign since the 1980s, long-duration growth stocks felt the most pain. The benchmark Russell 3000 Growth Index gained 2.31% for the quarter but underperformed the Russell 3000 Value Index (+12.18%), exte...
Amazon.com (AMZN) has rounded up some unusual suspects. The e-commerce goliath recently added to its growing pile of debt with an $8 billion loan. The extra funding is curious, but not as much as the foreign banks providing it.
Slowing growth, weakening profitability and planned acquisitions, including 1Life Healthcare and iRobot, are reshaping Amaz...
Here are the most active equity options for midday.
After firing employees Amazon is selling some of its offices to cut costs
WASHINGTON, United States — More than one third of the Amazon rainforest may have been degraded by human activity and drought, researchers said Thursday, and action is needed to protect the critically important ecosystem. In a study published in the journal Science, the researchers said the damage done to the …
AMZN Price Returns