American National Insurance Company (ANAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ANAT POWR Grades
- ANAT scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.97% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ANAT is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- ANAT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
ANAT Stock Summary
- ANAT's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of American National Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.37% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -63.03%, American National Group Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 4.91% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American National Group Inc are MANU, RLI, ORI, SIM, and NWLI.
- ANAT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American National Group Inc's official web site, go to www.americannational.com.
ANAT Valuation Summary
- ANAT's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.4; this is 48.84% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- ANAT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ANAT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ANAT.
ANAT Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 120.72%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 135.31%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 40.14%.
The table below shows ANAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ANAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ANAT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 29.37% of graded US stocks.
- ANAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.15 -- ranking 100th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ORI, BHF, and BRK.B are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ANAT.
The table below shows ANAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ANAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ANAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$189.70||52-week high||$195.89|
|Prev. close||$189.65||52-week low||$144.35|
|Day high||$190.28||Avg. volume||86,854|
|50-day MA||$189.07||Dividend yield||1.73%|
|200-day MA||$188.95||Market Cap||5.10B|
American National Insurance Company (ANAT) Company Bio
American National Insurance offers a broad line of products and services, which include life insurance, annuities, health insurance, credit insurance, pension products and property and casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness, and targeted commercial exposures. The company was founded in 1905 and is based in Galveston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ANAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ANAT Latest Social Stream
View Full ANAT Social Stream
Latest ANAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American National Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ANAT as an investment opportunity.
American National Group (NASDAQ:ANAT) declares $0.82/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 1.73% Payable March 18; for shareholders of record March 4; ex-div March 3. See ANAT Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
GALVESTON, Texas, Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of American National Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANAT) declared a quarterly dividend of 82 cents per share on its common stock CUSIP #02772A 109, at a meeting held on February 24, 2022. In compliance with NASDAQ’s applicable dividend notice requirements, the dividend is payable March 18, 2022, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on March 4, 2022, with an ex-dividend date to be determined by the NASDAQ Stock Mar
GALVESTON, Texas, Feb. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American National Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANAT) and subsidiaries (collectively, the “Company”) announced net income for the fourth quarter of 2021 of $250.1 million or $9.30 per diluted share, compared to net income of $306.4 million or $11.40 per diluted share for the same period in 2020. The reduction in net income in the fourth quarter of 2021 was primarily due to a $67.3 million decrease in net gains on equity securities and a reduction in aft
Ting Endorsement Added to Special Farm Package 10® ALBANY, N.Y., Feb. 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American National has announced a new Internet of Things (IoT) property loss prevention service provided by Ting. This service utilizes a sensor and connected technologies to monitor for electrical fire hazards, such as arcing, that is typically caused from damaged or deteriorated wire insulators or loose electrical connections. The sensor service is being offered as a part of an endorsement to the
Investment company Mint Tower Capital Management B.V. (Current Portfolio) buys Global SPAC Partners Co, IHS Markit, CyrusOne Inc, McAfee Corp, East Stone Acquisition Corp, sells CHP Merger Corp, Global SPAC Partners Co, Good Works II Acquisition Corp, Medallia Inc, GigCapital4 Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Mint Tower Capital Management B.V..
ANAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ANATWant to see what other sources are saying about American National Insurance Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American National Insurance Co (ANAT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American National Insurance Co (ANAT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American National Insurance Co (ANAT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch