American National Insurance Company (ANAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ANAT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where ANAT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ANAT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- ANAT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 18.56% of US stocks).
ANAT Stock Summary
- ANAT's went public 35.82 years ago, making it older than 92.73% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of American National Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -76.9%, American National Group Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 4.15% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ANAT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are RLI, ORI, NWLI, DGICA, and RNR.
- Visit ANAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.americannational.com.
ANAT Valuation Summary
- ANAT's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.4; this is 48.84% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- ANAT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ANAT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ANAT.
ANAT Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -24.38%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 135.31%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 505.58%.
The table below shows ANAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ANAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ANAT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 34.35% of graded US stocks.
- ANAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.15 -- ranking 100th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ORI, BHF, and BRK.B are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ANAT.
The table below shows ANAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ANAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ANAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$189.47||52-week high||$195.89|
|Prev. close||$189.67||52-week low||$67.55|
|Day high||$189.98||Avg. volume||72,054|
|50-day MA||$190.58||Dividend yield||1.73%|
|200-day MA||$141.58||Market Cap||5.09B|
American National Insurance Company (ANAT) Company Bio
American National Insurance offers a broad line of products and services, which include life insurance, annuities, health insurance, credit insurance, pension products and property and casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness, and targeted commercial exposures. The company was founded in 1905 and is based in Galveston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ANAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ANAT Latest Social Stream
View Full ANAT Social Stream
Latest ANAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American National Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ANAT as an investment opportunity.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo., Sept. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Our thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the remnants of Hurricane Ida as this dangerous storm brought severe storms and flooding to parts of the Northeast. If you are an American National policyholder: There are several ways to report a claim (to ensure efficient claims service, check that your login credentials are up to date): Mobile: Use the AN Mobile app, available for free at the Apple App store or Google Play. An account is
NOTICE - IMPORTANT SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION UPDATE: Brodsky & Smith Reminds Investors of Investigations Related to the Following Companies: Rafael Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RFL), American National Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANAT), Veoneer, Inc. (NYSE:VNE)
BALA CYNWYD, PA / ACCESSWIRE / August 30, 2021 / Brodsky & Smith reminds investors of investigations it is conducting regarding the following companies for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of federal and state law with respect to proposed acquisition transactions.If you own shares of any of the below-referenced stocks and wish to discuss the legal ramifications of the investigation, or have any questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith who will,
SPRINGFIELD, Mo., Aug. 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As Hurricane Ida approaches the Gulf Coast, American National Insurance Company strongly encourages its policyholders to prepare for the possibility of severe weather this weekend and into early next week.
NOTICE - IMPORTANT SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION UPDATE: Brodsky & Smith Reminds Investors of Investigations Related to the Following Companies: Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. (Nasdaq - CSOD), American National Group, Inc. (Nasdaq - ANAT), Veoneer, Inc. (NYSE - VNE)
BALA CYNWYD, PA / ACCESSWIRE / August 26, 2021 / Brodsky & Smith reminds investors of investigations it is conducting regarding the following companies for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of federal and state law with respect to proposed acquisition transactions.If you own shares of any of the below-referenced stocks and wish to discuss the legal ramifications of the investigation, or have any questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith who will,
GALVESTON, Texas, Aug. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of American National Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANAT) declared a quarterly dividend of 82 cents per share on its common stock CUSIP #02772A 109, at a meeting held on August 26, 2021. In compliance with NASDAQ’s applicable dividend notice requirements, the dividend is payable September 17, 2021 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on September 7, 2021 with an ex-dividend date to be determined by the NASDAQ Stock
ANAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ANATWant to see what other sources are saying about American National Insurance Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American National Insurance Co (ANAT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American National Insurance Co (ANAT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American National Insurance Co (ANAT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch