A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AOS POWR Grades
- AOS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.65% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AOS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- AOS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 40th percentile.
AOS Stock Summary
- Smith A O Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Smith A O Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 48.37%, Smith A O Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 83.16% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Smith A O Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be UAA, FND, AAP, COLM, and MHK.
- Visit AOS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aosmith.com.
AOS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AOS's price/sales ratio is 105.88% higher, now standing at 3.5.
- Over the past 243 months, AOS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.1.
- AOS's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AOS.
AOS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 8.52%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 60.7%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 29.91%.
The table below shows AOS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AOS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AOS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.8% of graded US stocks.
- AOS's asset turnover comes in at 1.063 -- ranking 22nd of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- FLXS, CHD, and WHR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AOS.
The table below shows AOS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$63.87||52-week high||$86.74|
|Prev. close||$62.42||52-week low||$51.91|
|Day high||$63.91||Avg. volume||1,097,515|
|50-day MA||$58.21||Dividend yield||1.75%|
|200-day MA||$68.60||Market Cap||9.86B|
A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS) Company Bio
A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets a range of water heaters, boilers, and other products for residential and commercial end markets in the United States, China, Canada, Europe, and India. The company is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Most Popular Stories View All
AOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AOS Latest Social Stream
View Full AOS Social Stream
Latest AOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smith A O Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AOS as an investment opportunity.
Robert W. Baird analyst Michael Halloran maintained a Buy rating on AO Smith (AOS – Research Report) on February 25 and set a price target of $84.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $69.39. According to TipRanks.com, Halloran is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 15.0% and a 62.6% success rate. Halloran covers the Industrial Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as Advanced Drainage Systems, Emerson Electric Company, and Watts Water Technologies. AO Smith has an analyst consensus of Hold, with a price target consensus of $83.83. See the top stocks recommended by analysts >> The company has a one-year high of $86.
The external fund manager backed by Berkshire Hathaway's Charlie Munger, Li Lu, makes no bones about it when he says...
Eaton's (ETN) fourth-quarter 2021 earnings per share are better than expected. ETN's total revenues improved year over year due to strong organic sales and contribution from acquired assets.
Oppenheimer analyst Bryan Blair maintained a Hold rating on AO Smith (AOS – Research Report) today. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $74.72. According to TipRanks.com, Blair is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 20.9% and a 59.6% success rate. Blair covers the Industrial Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as Lincoln Electric Holdings, Watts Water Technologies, and Altra Industrial Motion. Currently, the analyst consensus on AO Smith is a Hold with an average price target of $83.40.
No summary available.
AOS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|