A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AOS POWR Grades
- AOS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.26% of US stocks.
- AOS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 161 days.
- AOS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
AOS Stock Summary
- AOS has a market capitalization of $12,838,015,147 -- more than approximately 83.74% of US stocks.
- Smith A O Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Smith A O Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.88% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Smith A O Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be FND, ROL, AAP, MHK, and RPM.
- AOS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Smith A O Corp's official web site, go to www.aosmith.com.
AOS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AOS's price/sales ratio is 105.88% higher, now standing at 3.5.
- Over the past 243 months, AOS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.1.
- AOS's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AOS.
AOS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 30.56%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 14.16%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 12.78%.
The table below shows AOS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AOS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AOS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.8% of graded US stocks.
- AOS's asset turnover comes in at 1.063 -- ranking 22nd of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- FLXS, CHD, and WHR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AOS.
The table below shows AOS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$77.17||52-week high||$86.74|
|Prev. close||$78.21||52-week low||$52.08|
|Day high||$78.89||Avg. volume||1,016,922|
|50-day MA||$82.24||Dividend yield||1.43%|
|200-day MA||$72.53||Market Cap||12.28B|
A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS) Company Bio
A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets a range of water heaters, boilers, and other products for residential and commercial end markets in the United States, China, Canada, Europe, and India. The company is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Most Popular Stories View All
AOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AOS Latest Social Stream
View Full AOS Social Stream
Latest AOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smith A O Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AOS as an investment opportunity.
A. O. Smith (NYSE:AOS) declares $0.28/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 1.39% Payable Feb. 15; for shareholders of record Jan. 31; ex-div Jan. 28. See AOS Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Directors of A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS) today declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $.28 per share on the company's Common Stock and Class A Common Stock.
A.O. Smith (AOS) closed the most recent trading day at $82.94, moving -1.24% from the previous trading session.
A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS) will release its fourth quarter 2021 financial results before the market opens on Thursday, January 27, and has scheduled an investor conference call to follow at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
In the latest trading session, A.O. Smith (AOS) closed at $83.54, marking a -1.67% move from the previous day.
AOS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|