A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AOS POWR Grades
- AOS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.55% of US stocks.
- AOS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- AOS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
AOS Stock Summary
- Smith A O Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.67% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Smith A O Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.65% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -55.96%, Smith A O Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 7.52% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Smith A O Corp are HSIC, AAP, COLM, EME, and MHK.
- AOS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Smith A O Corp's official web site, go to www.aosmith.com.
AOS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AOS's price/sales ratio is 105.88% higher, now standing at 3.5.
- Over the past 243 months, AOS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.1.
- AOS's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AOS.
AOS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 25.31%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 8.52%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 5.07%.
The table below shows AOS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AOS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AOS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.55% of graded US stocks.
- AOS's asset turnover comes in at 1.042 -- ranking 21st of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- MOV, CTHR, and HOFT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AOS.
The table below shows AOS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.70||52-week high||$73.81|
|Prev. close||$63.77||52-week low||$51.04|
|Day high||$65.06||Avg. volume||1,049,766|
|50-day MA||$70.29||Dividend yield||1.63%|
|200-day MA||$65.78||Market Cap||10.30B|
A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS) Company Bio
A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets a range of water heaters, boilers, and other products for residential and commercial end markets in the United States, China, Canada, Europe, and India. The company is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Most Popular Stories View All
AOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AOS Latest Social Stream
View Full AOS Social Stream
Latest AOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smith A O Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AOS as an investment opportunity.
A. O. Smith Offers New Analytical Tool to help States and Policymakers Decarbonize Buildings to Meet U.S. Greenhouse Gas Reduction Goals
MILWAUKEE, Sept. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS) today released details of a new analytical tool designed to help states, policymakers, utilities, installers and consumers by analyzing energy use data to help attain achievable solutions to meet greenhouse gas
A.O. Smith Corporation found using ticker (AOS) have now 10 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 85 and 50 with the average target price sitting at 74.9. Now with the previous closing price of 70.96 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 5.6%. There is a 50 day moving average of 71.47 and the 200 day moving average is 69.03. The market cap for the company is $11,160m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AOS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets residential and commercial gas and electric water heaters, boilers, tanks, and water treatment products...
A.O. Smith Corporation with ticker code (AOS) now have 10 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 85 and 50 calculating the average target price we see 74.9. With the stocks previous close at 73.71 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 1.6%. There is a 50 day moving average of 71.23 and the 200 day MA is 68.66. The company has a market cap of $11,658m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AOS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets residential and commercial gas and electric water heaters, boilers, tanks, and water treatment products in North America, China, Europe,...
A.O. Smith (AOS) could produce exceptional returns because of its solid growth attributes.
Warren Buffett famously said, 'Volatility is far from synonymous with risk.' When we think about how risky a company...
AOS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|