A.O. Smith Corp. (AOS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AOS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AOS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.17% of US stocks.
- AOS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AOS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 30.05% of US stocks).
AOS Stock Summary
- SMITH A O CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.52% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 42.56, SMITH A O CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about 86.27% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of SMITH A O CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SMITH A O CORP are COLM, SIGI, DECK, SKX, and MSM.
- AOS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SMITH A O CORP's official web site, go to www.aosmith.com.
AOS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AOS's EV/EBIT ratio is 171.15% higher, now standing at 42.3.
- AOS's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AOS.
AOS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 41.82%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 17.54%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 13.2%.
The table below shows AOS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AOS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AOS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.8% of graded US stocks.
- AOS's asset turnover comes in at 1.063 -- ranking 22nd of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- FLXS, CHD, and WHR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AOS.
The table below shows AOS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AOS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AOS, see our AOS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$75.33||Average Broker Recommendation||1.81 (Hold)|
AOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.74||52-week high||$71.87|
|Prev. close||$66.29||52-week low||$46.58|
|Day high||$66.77||Avg. volume||1,209,602|
|50-day MA||$65.27||Dividend yield||1.81%|
|200-day MA||$58.88||Market Cap||10.07B|
A.O. Smith Corp. (AOS) Company Bio
A. O. Smith Corporation is an American manufacturer of both residential and commercial water heaters and boilers and the largest manufacturer and marketer of water heaters in North America. It also supplies water treatment products in the Asian market. The company has 24 locations worldwide, including five manufacturing facilities in North America, as well as plants in Bengaluru in India, Nanjing in China and Veldhoven in The Netherlands. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AOS Latest Social Stream
View Full AOS Social Stream
Latest AOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SMITH A O CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AOS as an investment opportunity.
Should You Add A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS) to Your Portfolio as the Orders Rebound?
TimesSquare Capital Management, an equity investment management company, released its “U.S. Small/Mid Cap Growth Strategy” fourth-quarter investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the fourth quarter, the strategy outperformed the Russell 2500 Growth Index and returned 6.03% (gross), and the index return was 4.72%. For the full year, the strategy return […]
Is A. O. Smith (AOS) Outperforming Other Industrial Products Stocks This Year?
Here is how A.O. Smith (AOS) and Esco Technologies (ESE) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Those who invested in A. O. Smith (NYSE:AOS) three years ago are up 105%
One simple way to benefit from the stock market is to buy an index fund. But if you choose individual stocks with...
Here's Why A.O. Smith (AOS) is a Strong Growth Stock
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
EnerSys (ENS) Down 4.4% Since Last Earnings Report: Can It Rebound?
EnerSys (ENS) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
AOS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AOSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Smith A O Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Smith A O Corp (AOS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Smith A O Corp (AOS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Smith A O Corp (AOS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...