A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AOS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AOS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.69% of US stocks.
- AOS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- AOS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 43rd percentile.
AOS Stock Summary
- AOS's went public 35.48 years ago, making it older than 92.73% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Smith A O Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.78% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -62.55%, Smith A O Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 5.79% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Smith A O Corp are WSO, LKQ, LSTR, CASY, and FND.
- AOS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Smith A O Corp's official web site, go to www.aosmith.com.
AOS Valuation Summary
- AOS's price/earnings ratio is 27.8; this is 8.55% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- AOS's price/earnings ratio has moved up $10.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AOS.
AOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.38||52-week high||$73.05|
|Prev. close||$69.26||52-week low||$43.88|
|Day high||$69.26||Avg. volume||1,180,351|
|50-day MA||$69.09||Dividend yield||1.52%|
|200-day MA||$60.07||Market Cap||10.97B|
A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS) Company Bio
A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets a range of water heaters, boilers, and other products for residential and commercial end markets in the United States, China, Canada, Europe, and India. The company is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
AOS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Smith A O Corp. To summarize, we found that Smith A O Corp ranked in the 52th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Smith A O Corp, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 83.34; that's higher than 95.03% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 1% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 8.34% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- AOS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 55.5% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AOS Latest Social Stream
View Full AOS Social Stream
Latest AOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smith A O Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AOS as an investment opportunity.
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? Typically, we'll want...
Emerging Trends in Water Dispenser Industry: Market Estimation 2021-2026 and Company Profiles: Alpine Coolers (US), Angel Springs Ltd. (UK), AO Smith Corporation (US), Aqua Clara Inc. (Japan) , Blue Star India Ltd. (India), CELLI S.p.A. (Italy), and more
AllTheResearchs Global Water Dispenser Market Strategic recommendations, Trends, Segmentation, Use case Analysis, Competitive Intelligence, Global and Regional Forecast (to 2026) report provides an overview of the market size of Water Dispenser for the regions United States, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK) and Japan, etc. Based on the Water Dispenser industrial chain, this report 
A.O. Smith Corporation with ticker code (AOS) have now 9 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 85 and 40 calculating the mean target price we have 70.67. Given that the stocks previous close was at 68.83 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 2.7%. There is a 50 day moving average of 69.57 and the 200 day moving average is 62.51. The market capitalisation for the company is $11,079m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AOS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets residential and commercial gas and electric water heaters, boilers, tanks, and w...
No summary available.
LRT Capital Management, an investment management firm, published its first-quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A net return of +5.12%% was recorded by the LRT Economic Moat strategy for the Q1 of 2021, while the LRT Market Neutral strategy returned +2.4% for the same period. You can view the […]
AOS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|