A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS): Price and Financial Metrics
AOS Stock Summary
- Smith A O Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -54.26%, Smith A O Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 5.53% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AOS is more volatile than just 11.8% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Smith A O Corp are DECK, FND, TTC, COLM, and SNA.
- AOS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Smith A O Corp's official web site, go to www.aosmith.com.
AOS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AOS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.21||52-week high||$62.29|
|Prev. close||$61.30||52-week low||$33.81|
|Day high||$61.77||Avg. volume||1,230,317|
|50-day MA||$57.38||Dividend yield||1.7%|
|200-day MA||$52.43||Market Cap||9.90B|
A.O. Smith Corporation (AOS) Company Bio
A. O. Smith Corporation manufactures and markets a range of water heaters, boilers, and other products for residential and commercial end markets in the United States, China, Canada, Europe, and India. The company is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
AOS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AOS, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Smith A O Corp ranked in the 50th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Smith A O Corp, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 61.81 -- which is good for besting 94.78% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 1% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 9.07% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- AOS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 52.9% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AOS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AOS Latest Social Stream
View Full AOS Social Stream
Latest AOS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smith A O Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AOS as an investment opportunity.
A. O. Smith: Investment Thesis Back in June 2020, with A. O. Smith's (AOS) share price at $44.46, I wrote a bearish article, "A. O. Smith: Quantifying Risks Versus Rewards," with the following summary points. A. O. Smith's share price growth has provided mostly poor returns for shareholders over the...
A.O. Smith ([[AOS]] +12.2%) reported Q4 sales growth of 11% to $834.5M, reflecting higher residential water heater volumes in North America and higher sales in China.Company reported net earnings of $120M, or $0.74 per share, ~31% higher than net earnings a year ago.Q4 Gross margin declined by 45 bps to 38.8%; andCash...
It looks like A. O. Smith Corporation ( NYSE:AOS ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next four days. This means that...
MILWAUKEE, Jan. 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS) today announced the release of its 2020 Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Report, which documents the company's environmental, social and governance activities and performance over the past two years. The…
A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS) will release its fourth quarter 2020 financial results before the market opens on Thursday, January 28, and has scheduled an investor conference call to follow at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
AOS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AOSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Smith A O Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!