Apache Corporation (APA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
APA POWR Grades
- APA scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.28% of US stocks.
- APA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- APA's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 12.82% of US stocks).
APA Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for APA is -12.49 -- better than just 1.27% of US stocks.
- APA's current price/earnings ratio is 1,037.06, which is higher than 99.21% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- APA's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.8% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to APA Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ACC, LADR, IIN, EOG, and FORD.
- Visit APA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.apachecorp.com.
APA Valuation Summary
- APA's EV/EBIT ratio is 31.2; this is 73.33% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, APA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $25.6.
- Over the past 243 months, APA's price/sales ratio has gone down $1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APA.
APA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.90||52-week high||$24.30|
|Prev. close||$21.95||52-week low||$7.45|
|Day high||$22.69||Avg. volume||8,172,692|
|50-day MA||$20.88||Dividend yield||0.46%|
|200-day MA||$16.21||Market Cap||8.28B|
Apache Corporation (APA) Company Bio
Apache Corporation explores, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids in the Permian Basin, the Anadarko basin in western Oklahoma, and the Texas Panhandle, Gulf Coast areas of the United States, as well as in Western Canada. The company was founded in 1954 and is based in Houston, Texas.
APA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for APA Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that APA Corp ranked in the 23th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for APA Corp ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 4.2 years comes in at -0.08%; that's greater than just 14.74% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- APA Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.77% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 22.88% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
APA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APA Latest Social Stream
View Full APA Social Stream
Latest APA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about APA Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APA as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, June 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apache Corporation, a subsidiary of APA Corporation (Nasdaq: APA), today announced that it has opened the application season for its 2021-2022 Tree Grant Program. Last year, the program donated more than 64,000 trees to 56 nonprofits, including the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's South Texas Refuge Complex, The Trust for Public Land in Louisiana, Tree New Mexico and the Galveston Bay Foundation. Since the program’s launch in 2005, the company has donat
APA CORPORATION INVESTIGATION INITIATED by Former Louisiana Attorney General: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates the Officers and Directors of APA Corporation - APA
NEW ORLEANS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq., a partner at the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC (KSF), announces that KSF has commenced an investigation into APA Corporation (NasdaqGS: APA) formerly Apache Corporation. On March 12, 2020, the Company disclosed it was slashing its quarterly dividend per share from $0.25 to $0.025 and that, [o]ver the coming weeks, the company will reduce its Permian rig count to zero, limiting exposure
APA Corporation with ticker code (APA) now have 28 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 38 and 11 calculating the mean target price we have 25.39. Now with the previous closing price of 23.26 this indicates there is a potential upside of 9.2%. There is a 50 day moving average of 20.58 and the 200 day MA is 17.96. The market capitalisation for the company is $8,852m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="APA" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] APA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, explores for and produces oil and gas properties. It has operations in the United States, Egypt, and the United Kingdom, as well as has exploration activities of...
Toward the end of trading Tuesday, the Dow traded up 0.26% to 34,620 while the NASDAQ rose 0.13% to 13,766.75. The S&P also rose, gaining 0.09% to 4,207.71. The U.S. has the highest number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the world, reporting a total of 33,264,560 cases with around 594,560 deaths. India confirmed a total of at least 28,175,040 cases and 331,890 deaths, while Brazil reported over 16,545,550 COVID-19 cases with 462,790 deaths. In total, there were at least 170,749,250 cases of COVID-19 worldwide with more than 3,550,970 deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Leading and Lagging Sectors Energy shares climbed 3.2% on Tuesday. Meanwhile, top gainers in the sector included APA Corporation (NYSE: APA ), up 9%, and Amplify Energy Corp. (NYSE: AMPY ), ...
HOUSTON, May 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The board of directors of APA Corporation (Nasdaq: APA) has declared a regular cash dividend on the company's common shares. The dividend on common shares is payable Aug. 23, 2021, to stockholders of record on July 22, 2021, at a rate of 2.5 cents per share on the corporation’s common stock. About APA APA Corporation owns consolidated subsidiaries that explore for and produce oil and gas in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom and that explore for oil and gas offshore Suriname. APA posts announcements, operational updates, investor information and press releases on its website, www.apacorp.com. Specific information concerning Suriname, ESG performance and other investor-related topics are posted at investor.apacorp.com. Contacts Inves...
APA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|