Atmos Energy Corp. (ATO): Price and Financial Metrics
ATO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$110.85||52-week high||$125.28|
|Prev. close||$111.64||52-week low||$97.71|
|Day high||$111.71||Avg. volume||822,071|
|50-day MA||$117.35||Dividend yield||2.59%|
|200-day MA||$115.64||Market Cap||16.46B|
ATO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ATO POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where ATO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 56.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ATO is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- ATO ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
ATO Stock Summary
- ATMOS ENERGY CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of ATMOS ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 8.73% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of ATMOS ENERGY CORP's share price is greater than that of only 0.14% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ATO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are OVV, TEF, VST, APLE, and CTRA.
- Visit ATO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.atmosenergy.com.
ATO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, ATO's price/sales ratio is 85.71% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- ATO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 10.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ATO.
ATO Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 40.99%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -32.68%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 81.97%.
The table below shows ATO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ATO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ATO has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 23.39% of graded US stocks.
- ATO's asset turnover comes in at 0.188 -- ranking 70th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- SO, AEP, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ATO.
The table below shows ATO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Atmos Energy Corp. (ATO) Company Bio
Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is one of the United States' largest natural-gas-only distributors, serving about three million natural gas distribution customers in over 1,400 communities in nine states from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West. (Source:Wikipedia)
ATO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ATO Latest Social Stream
View Full ATO Social Stream
Latest ATO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ATMOS ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ATO as an investment opportunity.
MDU vs. ATO: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
We have narrowed our search to five large-cap low-beta stocks with a solid dividend yield. These are: ATO, AWK, PEP, KMB, ADP.
Atmos Energy (ATO) makes a strong case for investment, given its earnings growth, strong ROE and ability to increase shareholders' value.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights FirstEnergy, PNM Resources, PepsiCo, Atmos Energy and J&J Snack Foods
FirstEnergy, PNM Resources, PepsiCo, Atmos Energy and J&J Snack Foods are included in this Analyst Blog.
ATO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|