Atmos Energy Corporation (ATO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ATO POWR Grades
- ATO scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 42.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ATO is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- ATO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 13.75% of US stocks).
ATO Stock Summary
- ATO's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.67% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Atmos Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 9.69% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Atmos Energy Corp's share price is greater than that of only 5.99% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Atmos Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be VST, HNP, ZNH, ARLP, and APLE.
- ATO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Atmos Energy Corp's official web site, go to www.atmosenergy.com.
ATO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, ATO's price/sales ratio is 34.48% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- ATO's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ATO's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ATO.
ATO Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 71.73%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 11.02%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 61.43%.
The table below shows ATO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ATO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ATO has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 24.69% of graded US stocks.
- ATO's asset turnover comes in at 0.188 -- ranking 70th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- SO, RGCO, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ATO.
The table below shows ATO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ATO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ATO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.13||52-week high||$104.99|
|Prev. close||$88.75||52-week low||$84.59|
|Day high||$89.39||Avg. volume||829,531|
|50-day MA||$97.33||Dividend yield||2.82%|
|200-day MA||$96.25||Market Cap||11.53B|
Atmos Energy Corporation (ATO) Company Bio
Atmos Energy engages in the distribution, transmission, and storage of natural gas in the Midwest and Southeast. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ATO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ATO Latest Social Stream
View Full ATO Social Stream
Latest ATO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Atmos Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ATO as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the 10 new stocks in the portfolio of billionaire Ray Dalio. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to Billionaire Ray Dalio’s 5 New Stock Picks. Billionaire Ray Dalio has been one of the most successful hedge fund managers in modern history with net […]
In remembrance of 9/11, Atmos Energy is donating more than $120,000 to Colorado and Kansas fire departments for their essential work protecting public health, safety and community wellbeing, according to a company news release. Greeley Fire Department Chief Brian Kuznik said in the release the contribution will help enhance technology at Fire Station 6, which 
With investors bracing for a Wall Street fall, it's judicious to invest in less risky stocks from non-cyclical sectors like Atmos Energy (ATO), Otter Tail (OTTR), & J & J Snack Foods (JJSF).
Atmos (ATO) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
In this article, we will be taking a look at 10 dividend aristocrats with payout ratio less than 55%. To skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to see the 5 Dividend Aristocrats with Payout Ratio Less than 55%. The coronavirus pandemic has resulted in the stock market and dividend stocks […]
ATO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|