Atmos Energy Corporation (ATO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ATO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where ATO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 58.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ATO is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 161 days.
- ATO ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
ATO Stock Summary
- Atmos Energy Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Atmos Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 9.27% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ATO is more volatile than just 10.81% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Atmos Energy Corp are HNP, LUMN, VST, UHAL, and EQT.
- ATO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Atmos Energy Corp's official web site, go to www.atmosenergy.com.
ATO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, ATO's price/sales ratio is 34.48% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- ATO's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ATO's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ATO.
ATO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 30.31%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 170.33%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 48.7%.
The table below shows ATO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ATO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ATO has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 23.39% of graded US stocks.
- ATO's asset turnover comes in at 0.188 -- ranking 70th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- SO, AEP, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ATO.
The table below shows ATO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ATO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ATO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$105.44||52-week high||$107.66|
|Prev. close||$105.02||52-week low||$84.59|
|Day high||$106.03||Avg. volume||1,032,429|
|50-day MA||$99.22||Dividend yield||2.59%|
|200-day MA||$97.78||Market Cap||13.99B|
Atmos Energy Corporation (ATO) Company Bio
Atmos Energy engages in the distribution, transmission, and storage of natural gas in the Midwest and Southeast. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ATO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ATO Latest Social Stream
View Full ATO Social Stream
Latest ATO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Atmos Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ATO as an investment opportunity.
ONE Gas (OGS) provides its long-term earnings and capital guidance. OGS is likely to benefit from systematic investments, new rates and customer additions.
Investment company TruWealth Advisors, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Accenture PLC, iShares Core MSCI Total International Stock ETF, PowerShares QQQ Trust Ser 1, Broadcom Inc, Blackstone Inc, sells Walmart Inc, Industrial Select Sector SPDR, PowerShares NASDAQ Internet Portfolio, Owl Rock Capital Corp, Atmos Energy Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, TruWealth Advisors, LLC.
Investment company TRH Financial, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Atmos Energy Corp, Kimberly-Clark Corp, Becton, Dickinson and Co, Coca-Cola Co, Johnson & Johnson, sells SPDR Portfolio S&P 400 Mid Cap ETF, SPDR Portfolio S&P 600 Small Cap ETF, Consolidated Edison Inc, Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, TRH Financial, LLC.
Essential Utilities (WTRG), with steady investment and debt management, is poised for growth. However, demand fluctuation related to weather and the risk of contamination of water is a headwind.
Investment company Alpha Omega Wealth Management LLC (Current Portfolio) buys JPMorgan Ultra-Short Municipal Income ETF, ViacomCBS Inc, Kyndryl Holdings Inc, Atmos Energy Corp, Schwab Fundamental International Large Company Ind, sells NVR Inc, AT&T Inc, Phillips 66, Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc, ISHARES TRUST during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Alpha Omega Wealth Management LLC.
ATO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|