Atmos Energy Corporation (ATO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ATO POWR Grades
- ATO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- ATO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- ATO ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
ATO Stock Summary
- ATO's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 5,098.12 -- higher than 99.17% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- ATO's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Atmos Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 8.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Atmos Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be DRVN, CNX, NHTC, CSR, and OPI.
- Visit ATO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.atmosenergy.com.
ATO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, ATO's price/sales ratio is 34.48% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- ATO's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ATO's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ATO.
ATO Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -17.72%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 48.7%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 25.19%.
The table below shows ATO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ATO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ATO has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 23.39% of graded US stocks.
- ATO's asset turnover comes in at 0.188 -- ranking 70th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- SO, AEP, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ATO.
The table below shows ATO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ATO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ATO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$109.24||52-week high||$122.96|
|Prev. close||$107.04||52-week low||$85.80|
|Day high||$109.67||Avg. volume||1,097,438|
|50-day MA||$113.86||Dividend yield||2.54%|
|200-day MA||$104.66||Market Cap||15.19B|
Atmos Energy Corporation (ATO) Company Bio
Atmos Energy engages in the distribution, transmission, and storage of natural gas in the Midwest and Southeast. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ATO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ATO Latest Social Stream
View Full ATO Social Stream
Latest ATO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Atmos Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ATO as an investment opportunity.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights PNM Resources, Entergy, Xcel Energy (XEL), WEC Energy and Atmos Energy
PNM Resources, Entergy, Xcel Energy (XEL), WEC Energy and Atmos Energy are included in this analyst blog.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Atmos Energy (ATO) have what it takes? Let's find out.
ONE Gas' (OGS) fourth-quarter earnings match estimates. NJR is systematically investing to improve system integrity and service extension to new areas.
We have narrowed our search to five utility stocks. These are XEL, WEC, ETR, PNM and ATO.
Zacks.com featured highlights include Valero Energy, STMicroelectronics, Western Midstream Partners, Chevron and Atmos Energy
Valero Energy, STMicroelectronics, Western Midstream Partners, Chevron and Atmos Energy are included in this blog.
ATO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|