Avista Corporation (AVA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVA POWR Grades
- AVA scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- AVA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AVA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
AVA Stock Summary
- AVA's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 222.69 -- higher than 88.82% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Avista Corp's stock had its IPO on November 16, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.6% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Avista Corp's share price is greater than that of only 7.47% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Avista Corp are TIGO, AGO, GWRS, IHRT, and RGCO.
- AVA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Avista Corp's official web site, go to www.avistacorp.com.
AVA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AVA's price/earnings ratio is 10.22% lower, now standing at 20.2.
- AVA's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, AVA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 14.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVA.
AVA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -27.99%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 0.39%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -4.11%.
The table below shows AVA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.23% of graded US stocks.
- AVA's asset turnover comes in at 0.212 -- ranking 55th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AQN, MSEX, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVA.
The table below shows AVA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.41||52-week high||$46.90|
|Prev. close||$43.17||52-week low||$37.73|
|Day high||$43.81||Avg. volume||430,463|
|50-day MA||$43.86||Dividend yield||4.05%|
|200-day MA||$42.19||Market Cap||3.14B|
Avista Corporation (AVA) Company Bio
Avista Corporation generates, transmits, and distributes electricity; and distributes natural gas in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1889 and is based in Spokane, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
AVA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVA Latest Social Stream
View Full AVA Social Stream
Latest AVA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Avista Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVA as an investment opportunity.
Avista press release (NYSE:AVA): Q4 GAAP EPS of $0.71 beats by $0.04. Revenue of $418.83M (+13.7% Y/Y) misses by $12.35M....
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights American Electric Power Company, Public Service Enterprise Group and Avista Corporation
American Electric Power Company, Public Service Enterprise Group and Avista Corporation are included in this Industry Outlook blog.
Avista Corp. Reports Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2021, Confirms 2022 and 2023 Guidance
SPOKANE, Wash., Feb. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avista Corp. (NYSE: AVA) today reported net income of $147.3 million, or $2.10 per diluted share for the year ended Dec. 31, 2021, compared to $129.5 million, or $1.90 per diluted share for the year ended Dec. 31, 2020. For the fourth quarter of 2021, net income was $50.9 million, or $0.71 per diluted share, compared to $58.7 million, or $0.85 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2020. “Our 2021 consolidated earnings were in the upper half
Utilities AEP, PEG, and AVA are likely to beat four-quarter earnings estimates, courtesy of stable demand for their services, new rates and systematic investments to provide high-quality services to customers.
Exelon's (EXC) Q4 earnings are likely to have gained from strong demand from commercial & industrial customer groups. Efficient cost management is likely to have an impact on the upcoming results.
AVA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|