Avista Corporation (AVA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVA POWR Grades
- AVA scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 89.37% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AVA is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- AVA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.72% of US stocks).
AVA Stock Summary
- AVA's went public 35.25 years ago, making it older than 91.47% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- For AVA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 78.8% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of AVISTA CORP's share price is greater than that of only 4.03% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AVISTA CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be TIGO, USM, AGO, TDS, and OGS.
- Visit AVA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.avistacorp.com.
AVA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AVA's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.19% higher, now standing at 23.8.
- Over the past 243 months, AVA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 29.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVA.
AVA Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -16.36%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1270.02%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -1.28%.
The table below shows AVA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.23% of graded US stocks.
- AVA's asset turnover comes in at 0.212 -- ranking 55th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AQN, MSEX, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVA.
The table below shows AVA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.54||52-week high||$46.90|
|Prev. close||$41.44||52-week low||$35.72|
|Day high||$41.97||Avg. volume||1,528,404|
|50-day MA||$42.20||Dividend yield||4.25%|
|200-day MA||$41.42||Market Cap||3.06B|
Avista Corporation (AVA) Company Bio
Avista Corporation generates, transmits, and distributes electricity; and distributes natural gas in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1889 and is based in Spokane, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
AVA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVA Latest Social Stream
View Full AVA Social Stream
Latest AVA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AVISTA CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVA as an investment opportunity.
Avista Corporation ( NYSE:AVA ) will increase its dividend on the 15th of March to $0.46, which is 4.5% higher than...
SPOKANE, Wash., Feb. 02, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avista Corp.’s (NYSE: AVA) board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.46 per share on the company’s common stock, an increase of $0.02 per share (4.5 percent), yielding an annualized dividend of $1.84. The common stock dividend is payable March 15, 2023, to shareholders of record at the close of business on Feb. 17, 2023. “The dividend increase approved by the board of directors marks the twenty-first consecutive year the board ha
Company seeks to recover costs for ongoing infrastructure investments and increased operating costsSPOKANE, Wash., Feb. 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, Avista (NYSE: AVA) has filed a multiyear rate plan with the Idaho Public Utilities Commission that would allow the Company to recover costs for fixed expenses and ongoing investments to infrastructure, technology and more. If approved, new rates would be effective in Sept. 2023 and Sept. 2024. “As an energy provider, we understand we play a v
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. In a perfect world, we'd like to...
SPOKANE, Wash., Jan. 16, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avista Corporation (“Avista”) and NorthWestern Energy (“NorthWestern”) announce an agreement through which Avista will turn over its interest in the Colstrip coal-fired power plant to NorthWestern on December 31, 2025. Through the transaction, NorthWestern will assume ownership of the 222 MW generating capacity that is currently owned by Avista, along with its related interest in the plant, plant equipment, rights and obligations. “This transacti
AVA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|