Avista Corporation (AVA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVA POWR Grades
- AVA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 60.3% of US stocks.
- AVA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 51 weeks.
- AVA ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
AVA Stock Summary
- AVA's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 107.31 -- higher than 78.41% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- AVA's went public 33.94 years ago, making it older than 90.43% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AVA is more volatile than only 21.94% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Avista Corp are RDN, NLSN, RGCO, TIGO, and NAKD.
- AVA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Avista Corp's official web site, go to www.avistacorp.com.
AVA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AVA's price/earnings ratio is 10.22% lower, now standing at 20.2.
- AVA's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, AVA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 14.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVA.
AVA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -23.2%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 48.56%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 0.39%.
The table below shows AVA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.11% of graded US stocks.
- AVA's asset turnover comes in at 0.212 -- ranking 53rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- MSEX, AQN, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVA.
The table below shows AVA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.84||52-week high||$49.14|
|Prev. close||$40.50||52-week low||$32.26|
|Day high||$41.58||Avg. volume||435,346|
|50-day MA||$40.97||Dividend yield||4.14%|
|200-day MA||$42.81||Market Cap||2.85B|
Avista Corporation (AVA) Company Bio
Avista Corporation generates, transmits, and distributes electricity; and distributes natural gas in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1889 and is based in Spokane, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
AVA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVA Latest Social Stream
View Full AVA Social Stream
Latest AVA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Avista Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVA as an investment opportunity.
SPOKANE, Wash., Oct. 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avista Corp. (NYSE: AVA) will hold its quarterly conference call and webcast to discuss third quarter 2021 results on Wednesday, November 3, 2021, at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time. A news release with third quarter 2021 earnings information will be issued at 7:05 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on November 3, 2021. This call can be accessed on Avista’s website at investor.avistacorp.com, or you can listen to the call by dialing (855) 806-8606, Conf
Plan sets course for equitable transition to clean energySPOKANE, Wash., Oct. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On October 1, Avista Utilities, an operating division of Avista Corp. (NYSE: AVA), filed its first Clean Energy Implementation Plan (CEIP) with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. Avista is the first utility to file a CEIP in the State of Washington. Avista’s CEIP is a road map of specific actions to be taken over the next four years (2022-2025) to show the progress bein
Avistas proposed tax customer credit results in no rate change for customers effective Oct. 1, 2021 while providing Avista with necessary cost recovery Avistas proposed tax customer credit results in no rate change for customers effective Oct. 1, 2021 while providing Avista with necessary cost recovery
Avista Corporation found using ticker (AVA) have now 4 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 51 and 32 with a mean TP of 41.5. Given that the stocks previous close was at 39.06 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 6.2%. There is a 50 day moving average of 41.41 and the 200 moving average now moves to 44.26. The market capitalisation for the company is $2,730m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AVA" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Avista Corporation operates as an electric and natural gas utility company. It operates in two segments, Avista Utilities and AEL&P. The Avista Utilities segment provides electric distribution and transmis...
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
AVA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|