Avista Corporation (AVA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVA POWR Grades
- AVA scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AVA is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- AVA ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
AVA Stock Summary
- AVA's went public 34.91 years ago, making it older than 91.18% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- For AVA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 78.08% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AVA is more volatile than only 1.58% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AVISTA CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be AGO, TIGO, SKYW, ALGT, and CLH.
- Visit AVA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.avistacorp.com.
AVA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AVA's price/earnings ratio is 2.86% lower, now standing at 20.4.
- Over the past 243 months, AVA's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVA.
AVA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 122.39%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -6.05%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 2.57%.
The table below shows AVA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.23% of graded US stocks.
- AVA's asset turnover comes in at 0.212 -- ranking 55th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AQN, MSEX, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVA.
The table below shows AVA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.21||52-week high||$46.90|
|Prev. close||$38.79||52-week low||$37.03|
|Day high||$38.40||Avg. volume||420,504|
|50-day MA||$41.56||Dividend yield||4.61%|
|200-day MA||$42.82||Market Cap||2.79B|
Avista Corporation (AVA) Company Bio
Avista Corporation generates, transmits, and distributes electricity; and distributes natural gas in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1889 and is based in Spokane, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
AVA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVA Latest Social Stream
View Full AVA Social Stream
Latest AVA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AVISTA CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVA as an investment opportunity.
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
Overall changes in electric and natural gas prices would be effective November 1, 2022SPOKANE, Wash., Sept. 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avista (NYSE: AVA) has made annual rate adjustment filings with the utility commissions in Washington and Idaho that, if approved, will result in an increase in electric and natural gas rates in Washington and natural gas rates in Idaho, effective November 1, 2022 Washington Electric Adjustment FilingsTwo electric adjustments were filed, that if approved, are d
Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of North American Utilities issuers
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of North American Utilities issuersGlobal Credit Research - 30 Aug 2022New York, August 30, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings -and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical units for the rated entity(entities) listed below.The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 23 August 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. A possible outcome from periodic reviews is a referral of a rating to a rating committee.Th...
EBR vs. AVA: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. In a perfect world, we'd like to see...
AVA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|