Broadcom Inc. (AVGO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVGO POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AVGO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.17% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AVGO is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- AVGO's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 46.01% of US stocks).
AVGO Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $244,467,570,761, BROADCOM INC has a greater market value than 99.41% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of BROADCOM INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 6.7% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- AVGO's price/sales ratio is 7.36; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 83.75% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BROADCOM INC are ORCL, QCOM, MRK, PFE, and ASML.
- AVGO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BROADCOM INC's official web site, go to www.broadcom.com.
AVGO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, AVGO's price/earnings ratio is 14.06% lower, now standing at 22.
- AVGO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 17.9 over the prior 164 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVGO.
AVGO Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 100.65%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 5.5%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 82.24%.
The table below shows AVGO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AVGO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AVGO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.54% of graded US stocks.
- AVGO's asset turnover comes in at 0.348 -- ranking 166th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- ON, MU, and DZSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AVGO.
The table below shows AVGO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AVGO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVGO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$585.01||52-week high||$645.31|
|Prev. close||$581.45||52-week low||$415.07|
|Day high||$587.23||Avg. volume||2,227,935|
|50-day MA||$556.22||Dividend yield||3.15%|
|200-day MA||$526.00||Market Cap||244.47B|
Broadcom Inc. (AVGO) Company Bio
Broadcom Limited designs, develops and supplies a broad range of analog and digital semiconductor connectivity solutions, including wired infrastructure, wireless communications, enterprise storage and industrial & others. The Company's products are used in data center networking, home connectivity, broadband access, telecommunications equipment, smartphones and base stations.
Most Popular Stories View All
AVGO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVGO Latest Social Stream
View Full AVGO Social Stream
Latest AVGO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BROADCOM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVGO as an investment opportunity.
Over last two decades, the semiconductor sector has declined in consecutive years only twice, Mizuho says.
Britain's competition regulator said on Wednesday it had started the first phase of an investigation into U.S. chipmaker Broadcom Inc's $61 billion acquisition of cloud-computing firm VMware Inc. The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said in November it was investigating whether the deal between the two U.S.-listed companies could substantially hurt competition in Britain, adding that it had until March 22 to decide. Broadcom and VMware did not immediately respond to Reuters' requests for comment.
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) is the world's largest company, Warren Buffett's largest holding, and one of the most successful stocks of this millennium. In order to improve its products and maintain or expand its already-high margins, Apple has embarked on a new strategy: to design more and more of the semiconductors that will go into its smartphones, computers, and other electronic devices. This plan entails some risk, but also could deliver a lot of advantages for Apple if it's successful.
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said in November it was investigating whether the deal between the two U.S.-listed companies could substantially hurt competition in Britain, adding that it had until March 22 to decide. Broadcom and VMware did not immediately respond to Reuters' requests for comment.
The U.K.’s Competition and Markets Authority said Wednesday that it was investigating Broadcom Inc.’s (AVGO) planned $61 billion purchase of VMware Inc. (VMW) The CMA disclosed in a press release that the deadline for a phase 1 decision is March 22, though the agency isn’t guaranteeing that a decision will be announced by then. The European Commission is also looking into the merger, it announced in December, citing the possibility that the deal “would allow Broadcom to restrict competition in the market for certain hardware components which interoperate with VMware’s software.”
AVGO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|