Avient Corporation (AVNT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AVNT POWR Grades
- AVNT scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 90.56% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AVNT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- AVNT ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 48th percentile.
AVNT Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Avient Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 51.74%, Avient Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 85.8% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for AVNT comes in at -11.87% -- higher than that of just 18.35% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Avient Corp are SON, AMKR, HUN, IART, and THO.
- AVNT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Avient Corp's official web site, go to www.polyone.com.
AVNT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, AVNT's price/earnings ratio is 1.95% higher, now standing at 26.2.
- Over the past 243 months, AVNT's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.8.
- AVNT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $2.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AVNT.
AVNT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AVNT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.23||52-week high||$54.21|
|Prev. close||$48.57||52-week low||$23.22|
|Day high||$48.27||Avg. volume||475,822|
|50-day MA||$51.07||Dividend yield||1.8%|
|200-day MA||$41.54||Market Cap||4.31B|
Avient Corporation (AVNT) Company Bio
Avient Corporation provides specialized polymer materials, services, and solutions in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, South America, and Asia. It operates in three segments: Color, Additives and Inks; Specialty Engineered Materials; and Distribution. The Color, Additives and Inks segment offers specialized color and additive concentrates in solid and liquid form for thermoplastics; dispersions for thermosets; and specialty inks, plastisols, and vinyl slush molding solutions. The Specialty Engineered Materials segment provides specialty polymer formulations, services, and solutions for designers, assemblers, and processors of thermoplastic materials; and long glass and carbon fiber technology, and thermoset and thermoplastic composites. The Distribution segment distributes approximately 4,000 grades of engineering and commodity grade resins to custom injection molders and extruders. The company sells its products through direct sales personnel, distributors, and commissioned sales agents. The company was formerly known as PolyOne Corporation and changed its name to Avient Corporation in June 2020. Avient Corporation was founded in 1927 and is headquartered in Avon Lake, Ohio.
AVNT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Avient Corp. To summarize, we found that Avient Corp ranked in the 26th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 68.33%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AVNT, they are:
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 29% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately 64.57% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- Avient Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.7% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Avient Corp experienced a tax rate of about 5% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than just 24.37% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AVNT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AVNT Latest Social Stream
View Full AVNT Social Stream
Latest AVNT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Avient Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AVNT as an investment opportunity.
Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), a premier provider of specialized and sustainable material solutions and services, has announced it is collaborating with Oceanworks® to help customers incorporate recycled ocean plastics in their products. Recycled ocean and ocean-bound plastics are those recovered from the ocean, waterways, and ocean-bound collection zones within 50 km of a coastline.
Readers hoping to buy Avient Corporation ( NYSE:AVNT ) for its dividend will need to make their move shortly, as the...
Avient (AVNT) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Avient Corporation's ( NYSE:AVNT ) investors are due to receive a payment of US$0.21 per share on 8th of July. This...
Photo by Irina Vodneva/iStock via Getty Images Over the past decade, Kraton's (NYSE:KRA) long-term stock price appreciation has been lackluster, with long periods of stagnation. However, this may be about to change with Kraton's focus on sustainable products, its divestiture of Cariflex, and emerging demands for automotive parts, infrastructure, and...
AVNT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|