American Water Works Co. (AWK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AWK POWR Grades
- AWK scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.02% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AWK is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- AWK ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
AWK Stock Summary
- AMERICAN WATER WORKS COMPANY INC's market capitalization of $27,228,724,132 is ahead of 91.83% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of AMERICAN WATER WORKS COMPANY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.53% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For AWK, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.22% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMERICAN WATER WORKS COMPANY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PEG, TRP, WEC, VICI, and CMS.
- Visit AWK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amwater.com.
AWK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AWK's EV/EBIT ratio is 26.24% lower, now standing at 16.3.
- AWK's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.8 over the prior 178 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AWK.
AWK Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 0.48%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 9.33%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 1.65%.
The table below shows AWK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AWK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AWK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 37.78% of graded US stocks.
- AWK's asset turnover comes in at 0.157 -- ranking 82nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- MGEE, AQN, and FE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AWK.
The table below shows AWK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AWK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AWK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$153.74||52-week high||$189.65|
|Prev. close||$154.01||52-week low||$122.77|
|Day high||$154.55||Avg. volume||908,743|
|50-day MA||$139.55||Dividend yield||1.7%|
|200-day MA||$149.53||Market Cap||27.95B|
American Water Works Co. (AWK) Company Bio
American Water is an American public utility company that operates in the United States and Canada. It was founded in 1886 as the American Water Works & Guarantee Company. In 1914, American Water Works and Guarantee Company became American Water Works and Electric Company. In 1947 it was reorganized as American Water Works Company, Inc. The company was a subsidiary of the German-based RWE Group from 2001 to 2008, but the company was divested on April 23, 2008, in an initial public offering (IPO) on the NYSE. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AWK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AWK Latest Social Stream
View Full AWK Social Stream
Latest AWK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN WATER WORKS COMPANY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AWK as an investment opportunity.
California Water Service's (CWT) subsidiary, Washington Water Service, acquired Driftwood Valley Association's water assets, further expanding its operations.
Stock pickers are generally looking for stocks that will outperform the broader market. Buying under-rated businesses...
PITTSBURGH, November 21, 2022--‘Tis the season for hearty holiday feasts, which is why Pennsylvania American Water is reminding customers that properly disposing of FOG (Fats, Oils, and Grease) is a recipe for preventing costly backups in the home and its wastewater systems.
MONTEREY, Calif., November 18, 2022--On November 17, 2022, the California Coastal Commission (Commission) supported its staff recommendation and approved a development permit for intake slant wells needed to provide ocean water and brackish groundwater to California American Water’s proposed desalination plant. With this approval, the Monterey Peninsula is a critical step closer to finally solving the region’s decades-long water supply crisis.
California American Water Proudly Recognizes the American Water Charitable Foundation 2022 Workforce Readiness Grantees
SACRAMENTO, Calif., November 18, 2022--The American Water Charitable Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization established by American Water, the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, recently announced that two organizations were awarded a 2022 Workforce Readiness Grant, supporting communities served by California American Water.
AWK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AWKWant to see what other sources are saying about American Water Works Company Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch