American Water Works Company, Inc. (AWK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AWK POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AWK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.78% of US stocks.
- AWK's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- AWK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 9.6% of US stocks).
AWK Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of American Water Works Company Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for American Water Works Company Inc is higher than it is for about 96% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AWK is more volatile than merely 2.06% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AWK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WEC, FE, PEG, CMS, and AEP.
- AWK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Water Works Company Inc's official web site, go to www.amwater.com.
AWK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AWK's EV/EBIT ratio is 13.18% higher, now standing at 24.9.
- AWK's price/sales ratio has moved up 6.3 over the prior 161 months.
- Over the past 161 months, AWK's price/earnings ratio has gone up 50.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AWK.
AWK Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 103.14%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 0.29%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 13.64%.
The table below shows AWK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AWK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AWK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$167.27||52-week high||$172.56|
|Prev. close||$164.42||52-week low||$131.01|
|Day high||$167.36||Avg. volume||915,052|
|50-day MA||$158.44||Dividend yield||1.44%|
|200-day MA||$154.60||Market Cap||30.35B|
American Water Works Company, Inc. (AWK) Company Bio
American Water Works provides water and wastewater services in approximately 47 states of the United States and one Canadian province. The company was founded in 1886 and is based in Voorhees, New Jersey.
AWK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AWK Latest Social Stream
View Full AWK Social Stream
Latest AWK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Water Works Company Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AWK as an investment opportunity.
CAMDEN, N.J., July 20, 2021--American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE: AWK) announced today that it intends to release its 2021 second quarter financial results after the market closes on Monday, August 2, 2021.
New Jersey American Water Announces $950,000 Grant for Parkside Business and Community in Partnership in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J., July 20, 2021--New Jersey American Water today announced the awarding of $950,000 in NRTC funding to Parkside Business and Community in Partnership (PBCIP) of Camden
American Water Works' (AWK) Indiana unit is going to invest $22 million in a water treatment unit to provide high-quality water to customers in the region.
ALTON, Ill., July 16, 2021--The City of Alton, American Water Charitable Foundation (AWCF), National Recreation & Park Association (NRPA) and Illinois American Water are pleased to announce the completion of the Alton Splash Pad located at 1 Riverfront Drive. The splash pad is open to the community and complies with Center for Disease Control guidelines and state health recommendations.
American Water's (AWK) New Jersey unit is set to invest $1.6 million to upgrade old pipelines and ensure high-quality services to customers in Linden.
AWK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AWKWant to see what other sources are saying about American Water Works Company Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch