American Water Works Company, Inc. (AWK) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- If you're seeking price stability while collecting dividends, note that AWK has less volatility in its price than 97.99% of US stocks in our dividend set.
- AWK's free cash flow has been growing at a compound average annual rate of 187.96% over the past 5.5 years -- higher than 95.74% of current US-listed dividend stocks.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with AWK's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: PAM, NKSH, MERC, JW.A and RELL.
AWK Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. Regarding American Water Works Company Inc, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 31.03% relative to its current price. To help understand and contextualize the model's evaluation of AWK, investors may wish to consider are:
- In comparison to other stocks in the Utilities sector, AWK provides shareholders with a dividend yield greater than 3.08% such stocks.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Utilities sector, the expected return of -31.03%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than merely 12.31% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, American Water Works Company Inc bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than merely 12.31% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
AWK Dividend Chart
AWK Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
AWK Dividends vs. Peers
|1||ARTNA||Artesian Resources Corporation - Class A Non-Voting||2.73%|
|2||GWRS||Global Water Resources, Inc. - common stock||2.65%|
|3||CWCO||Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. - Ordinary Shares||2.22%|
|5||SJW||SJW Group (DE)||2.02%|
|6||CTWS||Connecticut Water Service, Inc.||1.87%|
|7||CWT||California Water Service Group||1.76%|
|8||AWK||American Water Works Company, Inc.||1.68%|
|9||AWR||American States Water Company||1.53%|
|10||MSEX||Middlesex Water Company||1.51%|
|11||YORW||The York Water Company||1.47%|
|13||PCYO||Pure Cycle Corporation||0.00%|
|14||CCC||Clarivate Analytics Plc Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|15||WAAS||AquaVenture Holdings Limited Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|16||PICO||PICO Holdings Inc.||0.00%|
Looking for More Information on AWK dividends?Here are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Water Works Company Inc and its dividends:
American Water Works Company Inc Common Stock (AWK) Dividend History | Nasdaq
Dividend History for American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) - Dividend Investor
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Dividend History - Seeking Alpha