American Water Works Company, Inc. (AWK) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- As for free cash flow, AWK has greater average cash flow over the past 5.5 years than merely 5.68% US-listed dividend payers.
- AWK is producing more trailing twelve month cash flow than just 4.51% of US dividend stocks.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with AWK's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: MCS, FGBI, LARK, FRME and HAFC.
AWK Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. As for AWK, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a negative return of 46.27%. To help understand and contextualize the model's evaluation of AWK, investors may wish to consider are:
- Compared to other US stocks that pay a dividend, American Water Works Company Inc produces a dividend yield 1.48% -- which falls in the bottom 24.16%.
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Utilities sector, the expected return of -46.27%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 7.35% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, AWK has a discount rate lower than 7.35% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
AWK Dividend Chart
AWK Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
AWK Dividends vs. Peers
|1||CWCO||Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. - Ordinary Shares||3.24%|
|2||ARTNA||Artesian Resources Corporation - Class A Non-Voting||2.85%|
|3||GWRS||Global Water Resources, Inc. - common stock||2.73%|
|5||SJW||SJW Group (DE)||2.08%|
|6||CWT||California Water Service Group||1.89%|
|7||CTWS||Connecticut Water Service, Inc.||1.87%|
|8||AWR||American States Water Company||1.75%|
|9||YORW||The York Water Company||1.69%|
|10||MSEX||Middlesex Water Company||1.62%|
|11||AWK||American Water Works Company, Inc.||1.48%|
|13||PCYO||Pure Cycle Corporation||0.00%|
|14||CCC||Clarivate Analytics Plc Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|15||WAAS||AquaVenture Holdings Limited Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|16||PICO||PICO Holdings Inc.||0.00%|
Looking for More Information on AWK dividends?Here are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Water Works Company Inc and its dividends:
American Water Works Company Inc Common Stock (AWK) Dividend History | Nasdaq
Dividend History for American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) - Dividend Investor
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Dividend History - Seeking Alpha