American Water Works Company, Inc. (AWK) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- AWK has a compound annual growth rate of its cash flow of 0.79%, higher than about 96.85% stocks in our dividend set.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with AWK's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: CETX, HSBC, WGO, CIX and PGRE.
AWK Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a valuation model that attempts to determine a fair share price for a stock, based on the dividend it provides in comparison to several company-specific metrics indicative of the riskiness of the stock and the financial health of the company. As for AWK, the DDM model generated by StockNews estimates a return of negative 43.05% in comparison to its current price. Digging deeper, the aspects of American Water Works Company Inc's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- As for its position relative to other Utilities stocks that issue dividends, AWK provides shareholders with a dividend yield greater than 2.82% such stocks.
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Utilities sector, American Water Works Company Inc's expected return of -43.05% is higher than just 14.08% of its fellow sector mates.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, AWK has a discount rate lower than just 14.08% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
AWK Dividend Chart
AWK Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
AWK Dividends vs. Peers
|1||ARTNA||Artesian Resources Corporation - Class A Non-Voting||2.68%|
|2||CWCO||Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. - Ordinary Shares||2.63%|
|4||SJW||SJW Group (DE)||1.89%|
|5||CTWS||Connecticut Water Service, Inc.||1.87%|
|6||GWRS||Global Water Resources, Inc. - common stock||1.78%|
|7||AWR||American States Water Company||1.67%|
|8||YORW||The York Water Company||1.65%|
|9||CWT||California Water Service Group||1.52%|
|10||AWK||American Water Works Company, Inc.||1.38%|
|11||MSEX||Middlesex Water Company||1.32%|
|12||OPTT||Ocean Power Technologies, Inc.||0.00%|
|14||PCYO||Pure Cycle Corporation||0.00%|
|15||WAAS||AquaVenture Holdings Limited Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|16||PICO||PICO Holdings Inc.||0.00%|
Looking for More Information on AWK dividends?Here are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Water Works Company Inc and its dividends:
American Water Works Company Inc Common Stock (AWK) Dividend History | Nasdaq
Dividend History for American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) - Dividend Investor
American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Dividend History - Seeking Alpha