American States Water Company (AWR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AWR POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AWR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.52% of US stocks.
- AWR's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 51 weeks.
- AWR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
AWR Stock Summary
- AWR's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 402.98 -- higher than 92.58% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- AWR's went public 31.58 years ago, making it older than 84.06% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for American States Water Co is higher than 81.24% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AWR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AR, NWE, UHT, POR, and DXC.
- AWR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American States Water Co's official web site, go to americanstateswatercompany.gcs-web.com.
AWR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AWR's price/sales ratio is 137.93% higher, now standing at 6.9.
- Over the past 243 months, AWR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 20.
- AWR's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AWR.
AWR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.64%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -78.2%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 46.3%.
The table below shows AWR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AWR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AWR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.27% of graded US stocks.
- AWR's asset turnover comes in at 0.281 -- ranking 29th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PEG, CDZI, and NEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AWR.
The table below shows AWR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AWR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AWR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$89.82||52-week high||$94.96|
|Prev. close||$90.57||52-week low||$70.07|
|Day high||$91.21||Avg. volume||182,374|
|50-day MA||$89.40||Dividend yield||1.63%|
|200-day MA||$81.96||Market Cap||3.32B|
American States Water Company (AWR) Company Bio
American States Water Company provides water and electric services to residential, industrial, and other customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in San Dimas, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
AWR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AWR Latest Social Stream
View Full AWR Social Stream
Latest AWR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American States Water Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AWR as an investment opportunity.
American States Water (AWR) is likely to continuously gain from consistent customer wins and strategic investments. Also, its unit, ASUS supports its earnings.
SAN DIMAS, Calif., October 12, 2021--American States Water Company (NYSE:AWR) announced today that the company intends to release its third quarter ended September 30, 2021 financial results after the market closes on Monday, November 1, 2021.
In this article, we discuss the 10 boring stocks that make money. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Boring Stocks That Make Money. Amid the rise of retail investors, cryptocurrency and online trading forums, value stocks with little charm or fame often get no spotlight. Retail […]
California Water's (CWT) subsidiary completes the replacement work of a water main in Bodfish to improve the supply of water for its customers as well as firefighters.
Primo Water (PRMW) makes a strong case for investment as it continues to benefit from customer additions and regular capital investments.
AWR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AWRWant to see what other sources are saying about American States Water Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch