American States Water Company (AWR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AWR POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where AWR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.57% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AWR is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- AWR's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 9.6% of US stocks).
AWR Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 474.88, American States Water Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 92.07% of US stocks.
- American States Water Co's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.23% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AWR is more volatile than just 0.69% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American States Water Co, a group of peers worth examining would be CLH, ESI, ESLT, AVA, and BDL.
- AWR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American States Water Co's official web site, go to americanstateswatercompany.gcs-web.com.
AWR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AWR's price/earnings ratio is 41.23% higher, now standing at 32.2.
- Over the past 243 months, AWR's price/sales ratio has gone up $4.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AWR.
AWR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AWR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.23||52-week high||$83.31|
|Prev. close||$82.45||52-week low||$69.25|
|Day high||$82.69||Avg. volume||188,712|
|50-day MA||$79.23||Dividend yield||1.63%|
|200-day MA||$77.11||Market Cap||3.04B|
American States Water Company (AWR) Company Bio
American States Water Company provides water and electric services to residential, industrial, and other customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in San Dimas, California.
AWR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AWR Latest Social Stream
View Full AWR Social Stream
Latest AWR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American States Water Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AWR as an investment opportunity.
American States Water (AWR) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Photo by iofoto/iStock via Getty Images (California Aqueduct) The Business Excerpts from American States Water's (AWR) FY-2020 10-K: AWR has three reportable segments: water, electric and contracted services. Within the segments, AWR has three principal business units, water and electric service utility operations conducted through its regulated utilities GSWC and...
Granted, they may not be the trendiest tickers in investing circles, but Air Products & Chemicals (NYSE: APD), American States Water (NYSE: AWR), and Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK) are three distinguished stocks that have well-established track records of success and are certainly worth keeping in your portfolio for the long haul. When looking for stocks to hold onto indefinitely, a good starting place is to look for industry leaders, and in the case of the production of industrial gases and related equipment, Air Products fits the bill.
American States Utility Services, Inc. (ASUS), a wholly owned subsidiary of American States Water Company (NYSE: AWR), has earned the designation VETS Indexes 3 Star Employer, as part of the 2021 VETS Indexes Employer Awards. The award recognizes ASUS’s commitment to recruiting, hiring, retaining, developing and supporting veteran employees and others in the military-connected community.
Photo by TebNad/iStock via Getty Images This article series shows every month a dashboard with aggregate industry metrics in utilities. The companies used to calculate these metrics are the largest holdings of the Virtus Reaves Utilities ETF (UTES), so this is also a review of UTES. Shortcut If you are...
AWR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AWRWant to see what other sources are saying about American States Water Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch