American States Water Company (AWR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AWR POWR Grades
- AWR scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 88.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AWR is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- AWR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
AWR Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 389.41, American States Water Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 92.35% of US stocks.
- American States Water Co's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.04% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AWR is more volatile than only 17.25% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American States Water Co are AR, NWE, UHT, POR, and ADT.
- Visit AWR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to americanstateswatercompany.gcs-web.com.
AWR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AWR's price/sales ratio is 137.93% higher, now standing at 6.9.
- Over the past 243 months, AWR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 20.
- AWR's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AWR.
AWR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.64%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -78.2%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 46.3%.
The table below shows AWR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AWR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AWR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.05% of graded US stocks.
- AWR's asset turnover comes in at 0.281 -- ranking 29th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PEG, CDZI, and NEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AWR.
The table below shows AWR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AWR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AWR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.20||52-week high||$94.96|
|Prev. close||$87.52||52-week low||$70.07|
|Day high||$88.63||Avg. volume||185,402|
|50-day MA||$89.16||Dividend yield||1.67%|
|200-day MA||$81.11||Market Cap||3.22B|
American States Water Company (AWR) Company Bio
American States Water Company provides water and electric services to residential, industrial, and other customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in San Dimas, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
AWR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AWR Latest Social Stream
View Full AWR Social Stream
Latest AWR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American States Water Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AWR as an investment opportunity.
Instead, the better approach is to concentrate on dividend growth. With dividend growth in mind, we asked three of our Motley Fool contributors for companies with elite track records that they believe are excellent buys right now. Here's why they tapped 3M (NYSE: MMM), Consolidated Edison (NYSE: ED), and American States Water (NYSE: AWR) as the top options for investors looking to add a top-tier dividend stock to their portfolio.
Nonstop services amid the pandemic and investments to retain infrastructure lead utilities like California Water (CWT), Middlesex Water (MSEX) and American States (AWR) to outperform the industry.
With investors bracing for a Wall Street fall, it's judicious to invest in less risky stocks from non-cyclical sectors like Atmos Energy (ATO), Otter Tail (OTTR), & J & J Snack Foods (JJSF).
The big shareholder groups in American States Water Company ( NYSE:AWR ) have power over the company. Institutions...
Telefonica's (TEF) subsidiary unveils first-of-its-kind blockchain-based certification service to ensure the authenticity of confidential information related to transactions and projects.
AWR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AWRWant to see what other sources are saying about American States Water Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch