American States Water Company (AWR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AWR POWR Grades
- AWR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.06% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AWR is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 26 weeks.
- AWR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
AWR Stock Summary
- AWR's went public 32.72 years ago, making it older than 85.83% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 44.42, AMERICAN STATES WATER CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about 86.77% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AWR is more volatile than only 12.91% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMERICAN STATES WATER CO are CWT, NWE, KEX, MTZ, and PNM.
- AWR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN STATES WATER CO's official web site, go to americanstateswatercompany.gcs-web.com.
AWR Valuation Summary
- AWR's EV/EBIT ratio is 33.5; this is 51.58% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AWR's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AWR.
AWR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 10.35%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 25.01%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 71.83%.
The table below shows AWR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AWR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AWR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.16% of graded US stocks.
- AWR's asset turnover comes in at 0.277 -- ranking 30th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PEG, NEE, and NFG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AWR.
The table below shows AWR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AWR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AWR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$96.84||52-week high||$103.77|
|Prev. close||$96.94||52-week low||$71.22|
|Day high||$97.12||Avg. volume||183,879|
|50-day MA||$90.01||Dividend yield||1.64%|
|200-day MA||$84.99||Market Cap||3.58B|
American States Water Company (AWR) Company Bio
American States Water Company provides water and electric services to residential, industrial, and other customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in San Dimas, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
AWR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AWR Latest Social Stream
View Full AWR Social Stream
Latest AWR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN STATES WATER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AWR as an investment opportunity.
Stock pickers are generally looking for stocks that will outperform the broader market. Buying under-rated businesses...
Consolidated Water's (CWCO) third-quarter earnings were lower than expected. The revival of tourist activities in Cayman Islands will drive demand for water and boost the company's prospects.
American States Water ( NYSE:AWR ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$135.0m (down 1.3% from...
American States Water's (AWR) third-quarter earnings were lower than estimates. The delay in receiving approval on pending water rate case impacted third-quarter results.
AWR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AWRWant to see what other sources are saying about American States Water Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch