American States Water Company (AWR): Price and Financial Metrics
AWR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.08||52-week high||$99.69|
|Prev. close||$82.39||52-week low||$75.20|
|Day high||$82.26||Avg. volume||190,046|
|50-day MA||$79.38||Dividend yield||2.08%|
|200-day MA||$85.39||Market Cap||3.04B|
AWR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AWR POWR Grades
- AWR scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 60.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AWR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- AWR's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 19.79% of US stocks).
AWR Stock Summary
- AMERICAN STATES WATER CO's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.98% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for AMERICAN STATES WATER CO is higher than 89.39% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of AMERICAN STATES WATER CO's share price is greater than that of only 7.59% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMERICAN STATES WATER CO are NWE, POR, LOCO, YORW, and RM.
- AWR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN STATES WATER CO's official web site, go to americanstateswatercompany.gcs-web.com.
AWR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AWR's price/sales ratio is 194.12% higher, now standing at 5.
- Over the past 243 months, AWR's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AWR.
AWR Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 37.35%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -1.82%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5.97%.
The table below shows AWR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AWR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AWR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.16% of graded US stocks.
- AWR's asset turnover comes in at 0.277 -- ranking 30th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PEG, NEE, and NFG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AWR.
The table below shows AWR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
American States Water Company (AWR) Company Bio
American States Water Company provides water and electric services to residential, industrial, and other customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in San Dimas, California.
AWR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AWR Latest Social Stream
View Full AWR Social Stream
Latest AWR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN STATES WATER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AWR as an investment opportunity.
Here are three water stocks to buy on account of their favorable earnings, impressive portfolio, and excellent growth prospects.
Since at least that long ago, Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK), American States Water (NYSE: AWR), and Walmart (NYSE: WMT) have paid and raised their dividends every single year. Aside from their history of dividend raises, all three companies have what it takes to keep growing earnings and cash flows, and can therefore support dividend raises for decades to come.
In this article, we discuss 25 dividend kings with the highest dividend yields. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend-growing stocks and their performance over the years, and go directly to read Dividend Kings Ranked By Yield: Top 10. Dividend Kings are a select group of publicly traded companies that have consistently increased their […]
American States Water's (AWR) ongoing strategic capital investment plans in upgrading infrastructure will boost its performance.
American States Water Company (NYSE:AWR) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 7, 2023 Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by. Welcome to the American States Water Company conference call discussing the company’s third quarter 2023 results. This call is being recorded. If you’d like to listen to the replay of this call, it […]
AWR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AWRWant to see what other sources are saying about American States Water Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American States Water Co (AWR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch