Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMZN POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AMZN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.42% of US stocks.
- AMZN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AMZN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
AMZN Stock Summary
- AMZN has a higher market value than 99.93% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $958,445,409,835.
- AMZN's current price/earnings ratio is 84.65, which is higher than 94.29% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The volatility of AMAZON COM INC's share price is greater than that of 99.6% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMAZON COM INC are GOOGL, BRK.B, TSLA, UNH, and JNJ.
- AMZN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMAZON COM INC's official web site, go to www.amazon.com.
AMZN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, AMZN's price/sales ratio is 17.39% lower, now standing at 1.9.
- AMZN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 146.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMZN.
AMZN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 33.79%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 13.99%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 345.47%.
The table below shows AMZN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMZN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMZN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.65% of graded US stocks.
- AMZN's asset turnover comes in at 1.321 -- ranking 98th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ELA, BIG, and KR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMZN.
The table below shows AMZN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$92.42||52-week high||$179.80|
|Prev. close||$93.95||52-week low||$85.87|
|Day high||$94.41||Avg. volume||76,186,508|
|50-day MA||$106.54||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$126.03||Market Cap||942.84B|
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Company Bio
Originally called “Cadabra,” Amazon.com, Inc’s website was launched on July 16th, 1995 by CEO and founder Jeff Bezos, selling only books online. Amazon provides a full suite of online retail shopping services. Moreover, the company has expanded beyond retail e-commerce to focus on four discrete customer sets: consumers, sellers, enterprises, and content creators. The company also provides other marketing and promotional services, such as online advertising and co-branded credit card agreements. In addition, Amazon manufactures and sells products such as, Kindle E-reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa. The company operates through three segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca. The International segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally focused locations. AWS is the largest cloud computing platform, and the primary profit driver for Amazon. In 2020, AWS broke the record of being a $10 billion business. Amazon controls more than a third of the cloud market, almost twice its next closest competitor.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMZN Social Stream
Latest AMZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMAZON COM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMZN as an investment opportunity.
Here are the most active equity options for midday.
In this article, we take a look at the 11 biggest malls in Europe. You can skip our detailed analysis of the European mall industry and go directly to 5 Biggest Malls in Europe. Market Outlook The European retail industry is valued at $3.6 trillion as of 2021 according to Statista. There are roughly 10,000 […]
Yahoo Finance Live's Dave Briggs examines the revenue forecast figures for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, along with the performance of retail stocks.
Which supermarket rules Philadelphia? These grocery store chains have the highest sales in the region
Sales from two supermarket chains make up more than 56% of the local market, according to data gathered from Food World.
A Triangle startup saw its Amazon sales take off after appearing on "Shark Tank." But mega startup investor Mark Cuban says a deal failed to come to fruition.
AMZN Price Returns