Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMZN POWR Grades
- AMZN scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 97.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMZN is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- AMZN's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 12.33% of US stocks).
AMZN Stock Summary
- AMZN has a higher market value than 99.93% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $1,723,099,825,583.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AMZN is 3.4 -- better than 86.01% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Amazon Com Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 10.18% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Amazon Com Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GOOGL, TSLA, MSFT, BRK.B, and NVDA.
- AMZN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Amazon Com Inc's official web site, go to www.amazon.com.
AMZN Valuation Summary
- AMZN's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 26.61% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMZN's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
- AMZN's price/sales ratio has moved up 3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMZN.
AMZN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 117.92%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 53.36%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 118.13%.
The table below shows AMZN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMZN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMZN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.65% of graded US stocks.
- AMZN's asset turnover comes in at 1.321 -- ranking 98th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ELA, BIG, and KR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMZN.
The table below shows AMZN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2,302.93||52-week high||$3,773.08|
|Prev. close||$2,221.55||52-week low||$2,025.20|
|Day high||$2,303.74||Avg. volume||4,129,002|
|50-day MA||$2,765.99||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3,154.24||Market Cap||1.17T|
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Company Bio
Originally called “Cadabra,” Amazon.com, Inc’s website was launched on July 16th, 1995 by CEO and founder Jeff Bezos, selling only books online. Amazon provides a full suite of online retail shopping services. Moreover, the company has expanded beyond retail e-commerce to focus on four discrete customer sets: consumers, sellers, enterprises, and content creators. The company also provides other marketing and promotional services, such as online advertising and co-branded credit card agreements. In addition, Amazon manufactures and sells products such as, Kindle E-reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa. The company operates through three segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca. The International segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally focused locations. AWS is the largest cloud computing platform, and the primary profit driver for Amazon. In 2020, AWS broke the record of being a $10 billion business. Amazon controls more than a third of the cloud market, almost twice its next closest competitor.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMZN Social Stream
Latest AMZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amazon Com Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMZN as an investment opportunity.
Netflix looks like a streaming survivor along with Disney, Amazon, and Google's YouTube service.
The month of February has been a good one for our seasonal short positions. Prior to 2022 Q4 earnings, Walmart (WMT) was our most profitable position – now it is our 4th. We took this position because of the large payoff in the short position from a risk/reward perspective but...
For the full year 2021 our Flagship portfolio advanced 22.85%, net of fees. The S&P 500 Index, our benchmark, appreciated 28.71%. For the fourth quarter of 2021, our Flagship advanced 7.74%, and our benchmark was up 11.03%. For the three years ending December 31, 2021, our Flagship portfolio advanced 34.28%...
Crowdstrike can potentially be a massive SaaS company going forward.
Your main focus may be on its recovery potential, but remember that downside risk is high with LCID stock.
AMZN Price Returns