Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BBBY POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where BBBY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.92% of US stocks.
- BBBY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- BBBY's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.02% of US stocks).
BBBY Stock Summary
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.79% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.16, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 1.59% of stocks in our set.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 43.57%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.85% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Bed Bath & Beyond Inc are GNLN, SFM, SGRP, CAL, and FOSL.
- BBBY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's official web site, go to www.bedbathandbeyond.com.
BBBY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, BBBY's price/sales ratio is 90.32% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, BBBY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 10.2.
- Over the past 243 months, BBBY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 17.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BBBY.
BBBY Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -7.81%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -66.12%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -31.26%.
The table below shows BBBY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BBBY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BBBY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.63% of graded US stocks.
- BBBY's asset turnover comes in at 1.435 -- ranking 84th of 165 Retail stocks.
- AAP, CTRN, and SCVL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BBBY.
The table below shows BBBY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BBBY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.17||52-week high||$53.90|
|Prev. close||$14.31||52-week low||$13.76|
|Day high||$14.44||Avg. volume||7,985,933|
|50-day MA||$21.68||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$26.71||Market Cap||1.43B|
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY) Company Bio
Bed Bath & Beyond operates a chain of retail stores, offering a range of domestics merchandise, including bed linens and related items, bath items, kitchen textiles, home furnishings, fine tabletops, basic housewares, general home furnishings, and other merchandise. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Union, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
BBBY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBBY Latest Social Stream
View Full BBBY Social Stream
Latest BBBY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Bed Bath & Beyond Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBBY as an investment opportunity.
Heartland Advisors, an investment management firm, published its “Heartland Value Fund” third-quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be seen here. The inflating bubble in many asset classes early in the quarter drained oxygen away from value stocks and the Fund was off modestly but kept pace with its benchmark. We believe […]
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBY) has been given a consensus rating of Hold by the sixteen brokerages that are presently covering the company, MarketBeat.com reports. Five equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, eight have issued a hold rating and two have issued a buy rating on the company. The 
Geode Capital Management LLC decreased its holdings in Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBY) by 8.1% in the 2nd quarter, HoldingsChannel reports. The firm owned 1,915,672 shares of the retailers stock after selling 167,783 shares during the quarter. Geode Capital Management LLCs holdings in Bed Bath & Beyond were worth $63,772,000 at the end of 
How companies like Costco and Levi''s are riding how above supply chain chaos while others like Nike and Bed Bath & Beyond are on shakier ground
Changing ports has been one tool for companies struggling amid chaos. Article, a direct-to-consumer
Just because a company's stock is getting heavy attention in internet chatrooms doesn't mean its actual business can't also have potential.
BBBY Price Returns