Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BBBY POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where BBBY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 60.26% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BBBY is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- BBBY's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.34% of US stocks).
BBBY Stock Summary
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.11% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.31, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 5.54% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BBBY comes in at 19.88% -- higher than that of 91.31% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Bed Bath & Beyond Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SGRP, AN, SBH, CAL, and CTRN.
- BBBY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's official web site, go to www.bedbathandbeyond.com.
BBBY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, BBBY's price/sales ratio is 90.32% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, BBBY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 10.2.
- Over the past 243 months, BBBY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 17.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BBBY.
BBBY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 75.44%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -31.26%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 189%.
The table below shows BBBY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BBBY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BBBY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.87% of graded US stocks.
- BBBY's asset turnover comes in at 1.435 -- ranking 84th of 165 Retail stocks.
- HVT, AAP, and CTRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BBBY.
The table below shows BBBY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BBBY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.95||52-week high||$30.14|
|Prev. close||$10.63||52-week low||$4.38|
|Day high||$13.28||Avg. volume||10,843,329|
|50-day MA||$6.53||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.20||Market Cap||1.04B|
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY) Company Bio
Bed Bath & Beyond operates a chain of retail stores, offering a range of domestics merchandise, including bed linens and related items, bath items, kitchen textiles, home furnishings, fine tabletops, basic housewares, general home furnishings, and other merchandise. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Union, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
BBBY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBBY Latest Social Stream
View Full BBBY Social Stream
Latest BBBY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Bed Bath & Beyond Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBBY as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the 10 stocks that short sellers were right about. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to Short Sellers Were Right About These 5 Stocks. Short-sellers were the headliners of early 2021. A year later, these short-sellers are once again in the spotlight amid […]
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. ( NASDAQ:BBBY ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw a decent share price growth in...
In this article, we discuss 10 stocks that Cliff Asness is selling. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Asness’ history, hedge fund performance, and investment philosophy, go directly to Cliff Asness Is Selling These 5 Stocks. Cliff Asness co-founded AQR Capital Management in 1998, which is a Connecticut-based hedge fund that manages […]
L1 Capital, an investment management firm, published its ‘L1 Long Short Fund Limited’ fourth quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here.
In this article, we discuss the 10 most shorted stocks right now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Most Shorted Stocks Right Now. The beginning of 2021 had pitted retail investors against hedge funds in a short squeeze saga involving video game firm GameStop and […]
BBBY Price Returns