Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY): Price and Financial Metrics
BBBY Stock Summary
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.1% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.33, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc has a higher such ratio than just 6.05% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BBBY is more volatile than 88.48% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Bed Bath & Beyond Inc are SFM, VLGEA, RCII, ZEUS, and TESS.
- Visit BBBY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bedbathandbeyond.com.
BBBY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.29||52-week high||$53.90|
|Prev. close||$27.38||52-week low||$3.43|
|Day high||$29.39||Avg. volume||18,771,893|
|50-day MA||$24.91||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$16.76||Market Cap||3.19B|
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY) Company Bio
Bed Bath & Beyond operates a chain of retail stores, offering a range of domestics merchandise, including bed linens and related items, bath items, kitchen textiles, home furnishings, fine tabletops, basic housewares, general home furnishings, and other merchandise. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Union, New Jersey.
BBBY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Bed Bath & Beyond Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Bed Bath & Beyond Inc ranked in the 15th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BBBY, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc over the past 5.7 years is -0.16%; that's higher than just 8.44% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector.
- 51% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 19.23% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -4.31. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 13.04% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BBBY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBBY Latest Social Stream
View Full BBBY Social Stream
Latest BBBY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Bed Bath & Beyond Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBBY as an investment opportunity.
Joe Saluzzi of Themis trading on what we learned during the Gamestop hearings.
Late last year, AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) warned investors that bankruptcy could be a possibility because of the devastating impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. But things would change in a big way — and for the better. AMC would manage to raise $1.2 billion in debt and equity financing. And yes, there was the Reddit frenzy, which targeted companies with high levels of short position. The result was that AMC stock skyrocketed. Since early this year, the shares went from under $2 to a high of $20. Source: Helen89 / Shutterstock.com But lately, the enthusiasm has greatly diminished. Note that AMC stock is back to $5.60, and the market capitalization is $1.9 billion. This boom-bust pattern has been the same with other Reddit stocks like GameStop (NYSE:GME), Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) ...
On Thursday, the House Financial Services Committee welcomes a cast of characters from the GameStop saga. Here's a rundown of what you need to know.
Yahoo Finance's Jared Blikre breaks down the latest moves in Gamestop after Keith Gill, a user on WallStreetBets Reddit forum, was hit with a securities class action suit.
It’s been almost an entire year since the coronavirus pandemic turned all of our worlds upside-down, and it’s likely that you’ve built every puzzle, binged every show on the planet and organized just about every space in your home. But on the off chance that you’re still not done getting your house into tiptop shape,…
BBBY Price Returns
Continue Researching BBBYWant to see what other sources are saying about Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!