Business First Bancshares, Inc. (BFST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BFST POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where BFST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.69% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BFST is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- BFST's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 38.87% of US stocks).
BFST Stock Summary
- As for revenue growth, note that BFST's revenue has grown 87.29% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 92.63% of US companies in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BFST is more volatile than only 3.64% of stocks we're observing.
- Business First Bancshares Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 32.35%, greater than the shareholder yield of 92.96% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BFST, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ISTR, EFSC, DCOM, EMCF, and FMNB.
- BFST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Business First Bancshares Inc's official web site, go to www.b1bank.com.
BFST Valuation Summary
- BFST's EV/EBIT ratio is 3.9; this is 54.65% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 41 months, BFST's price/earnings ratio has gone down 44.3.
- BFST's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.9 over the prior 41 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BFST.
BFST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BFST has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.8% of graded US stocks.
- BFST's asset turnover comes in at 0.043 -- ranking 130th of 433 Banking stocks.
- DFS, GNTY, and SMBC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BFST.
The table below shows BFST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BFST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BFST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.34||52-week high||$25.99|
|Prev. close||$25.36||52-week low||$15.61|
|Day high||$25.99||Avg. volume||40,452|
|50-day MA||$23.61||Dividend yield||1.89%|
|200-day MA||$23.14||Market Cap||519.88M|
Business First Bancshares, Inc. (BFST) Company Bio
Business First Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Business First Bank that provides various banking products and services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
BFST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BFST Latest Social Stream
View Full BFST Social Stream
Latest BFST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Business First Bancshares Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BFST as an investment opportunity.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Business...
The board of Business First Bancshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:BFST ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend on...
Business First (BFST) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 66.67% and 25.25%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
BATON ROUGE, La., July 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Business First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: BFST) (Business First), parent company of b1BANK, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, today announced its unaudited results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021, including net income of $17.4 million, or $0.84 per diluted share, an increase of $5.1 million and $0.25, respectively, from the prior quarter ended March 31, 2021. On a non-GAAP basis, core net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2021, which excludes cert
A whopping number of 13F filings filed with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has been processed by Insider Monkey so that individual investors can look at the overall hedge fund sentiment towards the stocks included in their watchlists. These freshly-submitted public filings disclose money managers’ equity positions as of the end of the three-month period […]
BFST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BFSTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Business First Bancshares Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch