Business First Bancshares, Inc. (BFST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BFST POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where BFST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BFST is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- BFST ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
BFST Stock Summary
- BFST's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 93.6% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 180.5%, BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC's debt growth rate surpasses 92.53% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BFST comes in at -40.9% -- higher than that of only 13.65% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC are EQBK, GNTY, MOFG, CFBK, and FSBC.
- BFST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC's official web site, go to www.b1bank.com.
BFST Valuation Summary
- BFST's EV/EBIT ratio is 13.1; this is 35.05% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- BFST's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 11.8 over the prior 54 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BFST.
BFST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BFST has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 39.65% of graded US stocks.
- BFST's asset turnover comes in at 0.043 -- ranking 129th of 428 Banking stocks.
- GNTY, SMBC, and HTBI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BFST.
The table below shows BFST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BFST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BFST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.02||52-week high||$29.50|
|Prev. close||$21.77||52-week low||$20.19|
|Day high||$22.20||Avg. volume||36,748|
|50-day MA||$23.20||Dividend yield||2.18%|
|200-day MA||$24.17||Market Cap||497.19M|
Business First Bancshares, Inc. (BFST) Company Bio
Business First Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Business First Bank that provides various banking products and services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
BFST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BFST Latest Social Stream
View Full BFST Social Stream
Latest BFST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BFST as an investment opportunity.
BATON ROUGE, La. , Sept. 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Business First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: BFST) (Business First), parent company of b1BANK, Baton Rouge, La., announced that it has successfully raised $72.0 million through a self-managed private placement of preferred stock. “This equity raise provides us with additional capital to support our continued growth and will assist with our efforts to support small businesses and entrepreneurs across our footprint,” said Jude Melville, president a
Readers hoping to buy Business First Bancshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:BFST ) for its dividend will need to make their move...
The board of Business First Bancshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:BFST ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of $0.12 per...
Business First (BFST) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 10.34% and 2.67%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
BATON ROUGE, La., July 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Business First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: BFST) (Business First), parent company of b1BANK, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, today announced its unaudited results for the quarter ended June 30, 2022, including net income of $13.8 million or $0.61 per diluted share, increases of $5.0 million and $0.20, respectively, from the quarter ended March 31, 2022. On a non-GAAP basis, core net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2022, which excludes certain incom
BFST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BFSTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Business First Bancshares Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch