Business First Bancshares, Inc. (BFST): Price and Financial Metrics
BFST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.04||52-week high||$24.21|
|Prev. close||$20.23||52-week low||$13.05|
|Day high||$21.11||Avg. volume||77,415|
|50-day MA||$19.52||Dividend yield||2.83%|
|200-day MA||$17.88||Market Cap||533.24M|
BFST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BFST POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where BFST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.26% of US stocks.
- BFST's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- BFST's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 22.99% of US stocks).
BFST Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.63, BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 18.44% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.58 for BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC; that's greater than it is for 91.01% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC is reporting a growth rate of 54.65%; that's higher than 82.9% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be WTFC, MOFG, GNTY, FIBK, and ISTR.
- BFST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC's official web site, go to www.b1bank.com.
BFST Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, BFST's EV/EBIT ratio is 23.15% lower, now standing at 8.3.
- BFST's price/earnings ratio has moved down 45.7 over the prior 68 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BFST.
BFST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BFST has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 39.65% of graded US stocks.
- BFST's asset turnover comes in at 0.043 -- ranking 129th of 428 Banking stocks.
- GNTY, SMBC, and HTBI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BFST.
The table below shows BFST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Business First Bancshares, Inc. (BFST) Company Bio
Business First Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Business First Bank that provides various banking products and services. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
BFST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BFST Latest Social Stream
View Full BFST Social Stream
Latest BFST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BUSINESS FIRST BANCSHARES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BFST as an investment opportunity.
In the realm of stock market movements, insider trading activity is often a significant indicator that investors keep a close eye on.
Gerrit van de Wetering Gerrit van de Wetering, Managing Director of Derivative Solutions BATON ROUGE, La., Nov. 02, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jerry Vascocu, Chief Administrative Officer for b1BANK, the banking subsidiary of Business First Bancshares, Inc. (Nasdaq: BFST), announced the hire of Gerrit van de Wetering as Managing Director of Derivative Solutions. van de Wetering is tasked with launching b1BANK’s derivatives products and services, which will provide clients with more flexibility mana
Q3 2023 Business First Bancshares Inc Earnings Call
Business First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:BFST) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 26, 2023 Business First Bancshares, Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $0.71, expectations were $0.62. Operator: Hello. And welcome to the Business First Bancshares’ Q3 2023 Earnings Call. [Operator Instructions] I would now turn the conference over to Matt Sealy, Senior Vice President, […]
Net income, dividends, and loans held for investment see an increase
BFST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BFSTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Business First Bancshares Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Business First Bancshares Inc (BFST) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch