Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation (BGFV): Price and Financial Metrics
BGFV Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.61, BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.55% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.35, BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 6.36% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, BGFV has reported earnings growth of 414.3%, putting it ahead of 95.99% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be LL, SPWH, LEJU, SCVL, and SGMA.
- Visit BGFV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.big5sportinggoods.com.
BGFV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGFV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.10||52-week high||$17.77|
|Prev. close||$16.85||52-week low||$0.90|
|Day high||$17.12||Avg. volume||976,938|
|50-day MA||$15.46||Dividend yield||3.56%|
|200-day MA||$9.87||Market Cap||353.14M|
Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation (BGFV) Company Bio
Big 5 Sporting Goods is a leading sporting goods retailer in the western United States. Big 5's product mix includes athletic shoes, apparel and accessories, as well as a broad selection of outdoor and athletic equipment for team sports, fitness, camping, hunting, fishing, tennis, golf, winter and summer recreation and roller sports. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in El Segundo, California.
BGFV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp. To summarize, we found that BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp ranked in the 95th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BGFV, they are:
- 55% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 20.88% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 1.16% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 0% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BGFV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGFV Latest Social Stream
View Full BGFV Social Stream
Latest BGFV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGFV as an investment opportunity.
Photo by EXTREME-PHOTOGRAPHER/E+ via Getty Images The share price of Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) rebounded last April and a year later, investors still have their feet on the accelerator: Data by YCharts Although the price has risen, the company is still undervalued according to the P/E and PEG ratios;...
With President Biden pushing for greater restrictions on firearms, these gun stocks are sure to make noise in the market.
Toby O’Rourke, KOA President and CEO, joins Yahoo Finance’s Kristin Myers and Alexis Christoforous to discuss travel amid the pandemic and a sneak peak at findings in KOA’s annual North American Camping report.
Bridgestone Golf President and CEO Dan Murphy discusses the 2021 Masters, which kicks off in Augusta on Thursday, and addresses Georgia’s controversial voting law.
The retail industry provides a variety of finished goods, both durable and non-durable, to individual consumers and households. Products sold by retail companies include apparel, electronics, furniture, kitchenware, sporting goods, books, and toys. Retail stocks, as represented by the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT), have significantly outperformed the broader market.
BGFV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BGFVHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp (BGFV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp (BGFV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp (BGFV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!