Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation (BGFV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BGFV POWR Grades
- BGFV scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BGFV is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- BGFV ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
BGFV Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.29, BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS CORP has a higher such ratio than only 8.18% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that BGFV's revenue has grown -12.59% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 11.49% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BGFV comes in at 18.73% -- higher than that of 91.39% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS CORP are SPWH, GCO, TLYS, TTSH, and BBW.
- BGFV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS CORP's official web site, go to www.big5sportinggoods.com.
BGFV Valuation Summary
- BGFV's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 84.21% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, BGFV's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BGFV.
BGFV Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.12%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 459.89%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 3.17%.
The table below shows BGFV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BGFV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BGFV has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.1% of graded US stocks.
- BGFV's asset turnover comes in at 1.615 -- ranking 69th of 165 Retail stocks.
- FND, TSCO, and KIRK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BGFV.
The table below shows BGFV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BGFV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGFV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.84||52-week high||$26.39|
|Prev. close||$12.67||52-week low||$10.23|
|Day high||$13.13||Avg. volume||696,816|
|50-day MA||$11.86||Dividend yield||7.79%|
|200-day MA||$13.40||Market Cap||284.84M|
Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation (BGFV) Company Bio
Big 5 Sporting Goods is a leading sporting goods retailer in the western United States. Big 5's product mix includes athletic shoes, apparel and accessories, as well as a broad selection of outdoor and athletic equipment for team sports, fitness, camping, hunting, fishing, tennis, golf, winter and summer recreation and roller sports. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in El Segundo, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
BGFV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGFV Latest Social Stream
View Full BGFV Social Stream
Latest BGFV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGFV as an investment opportunity.
Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation ( NASDAQ:BGFV ) will pay a dividend of $0.25 on the 15th of December. The dividend...
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of Big 5 Sporting Goods...
Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp.'s. stock slid 8% in extended trading Tuesday after the retail chain provided fiscal fourth-quarter earnings guidance of between 8 cents and 20 cents a share, while analysts were expecting 29 cents a share. For the third quarter, Big 5 reported net income of $6.4 million, or 29 cents a share, compared with net income of $24.1 million, or $1.07 a share, in the year-ago quarter. Adjusted earnings were 30 cents a share. Net sales were $261.4 million, down from $289.6 milli
EPS of $0.29 for FY 2022 Third Quarter Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.25 per Share EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Nov. 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation (Nasdaq: BGFV) (the “Company,” “we,” “our,” “us,” “Big 5”), a leading sporting goods retailer, today reported financial results for the fiscal 2022 third quarter ended October 2, 2022. Steven G. Miller, the Company’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Despite macroeconomic headwinds that accelerated
In this article, we discuss the 11 best sporting goods stocks to invest in. You can skip our detailed analysis of these stocks and the current market situation, and go directly to the 5 Best Sporting Goods Stocks To Invest In. The billion-dollar sporting goods market encompasses various product categories, including athletic apparel, workout equipment, […]
BGFV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BGFVHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp (BGFV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp (BGFV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
BIG 5 SPORTING GOODS Corp (BGFV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch