Biglari Holdings Inc. Class B (BH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BH POWR Grades
- BH scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 92.57% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BH is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- BH ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
BH Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Biglari Holdings Inc is higher than merely 4.74% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -56.85%, Biglari Holdings Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 6.16% of about US stocks.
- Biglari Holdings Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 46.51%, greater than the shareholder yield of 96.67% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Biglari Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SNFCA, MCY, AWX, CNFR, and PTSI.
- Visit BH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.biglariholdings.com.
BH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, BH's price/sales ratio is 21.43% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- Over the past 243 months, BH's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- BH's price/earnings ratio has moved down 12.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BH.
BH Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -8.61%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -26.76%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -71.3%.
The table below shows BH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BH has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.23% of graded US stocks.
- BH's asset turnover comes in at 0.397 -- ranking 53rd of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- CHUY, CNNE, and NATH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BH.
The table below shows BH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$128.93||52-week high||$188.50|
|Prev. close||$127.11||52-week low||$110.56|
|Day high||$131.35||Avg. volume||3,492|
|50-day MA||$140.13||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$147.97||Market Cap||293.44M|
Biglari Holdings Inc. Class B (BH) Company Bio
Biglari Holdings owns, operates, and franchises restaurants under restaurant concepts, including Steak n Shake. The company was founded in 1934 and is based in San Antonio, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
BH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BH Latest Social Stream
View Full BH Social Stream
Latest BH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Biglari Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BH as an investment opportunity.
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? In a perfect world, we'd...
With the S&P 500, Russell 2000, and Russell Microcap Indexes all down around 10% year-to-date, at least one thing again becomes clear: The overall direction of the markets has a huge impact on the direction of individual stocks. Mini-conglomerate Biglari Holdings , , which owns among other things the Steak n Shake and Western Sizzlin restaurant chains, First Guard Insurance, Southern Oil Company, and Maxim magazine, has been a controversial name over the years, for many reasons. The key takeaway is the turnaround in Steak n Shake, which has been a disaster in recent years.
Biglari Holdings Inc.'s 2021 Annual Report to the shareholders has been posted on the Internet, where it can be accessed at www.biglariholdings.com. The report includes Sardar Biglari's annual letter to shareholders.
Stocks haven't performed well so far in 2022.
Every investor in Biglari Holdings Inc. ( NYSE:BH.A ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
BH Price Returns