BHP Group Limited American Depositary Shares (Each representing two Ordinary Shares) (BHP): Price and Financial Metrics
BHP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $234,902,190,158, BHP Group Ltd has a greater market value than 99.38% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of BHP Group Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, BHP Group Ltd is reporting a growth rate of -312.71%; that's higher than just 6.24% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BHP Group Ltd are XOM, CVX, T, VZ, and CMCSA.
- BHP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BHP Group Ltd's official web site, go to www.bhp.com.
BHP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BHP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.04||52-week high||$80.49|
|Prev. close||$79.74||52-week low||$29.78|
|Day high||$80.49||Avg. volume||2,759,443|
|50-day MA||$70.04||Dividend yield||2.76%|
|200-day MA||$56.86||Market Cap||125.33B|
BHP Group Limited American Depositary Shares (Each representing two Ordinary Shares) (BHP) Company Bio
BHP Group engages in the discovery, acquisition, development, and marketing of natural resources worldwide. It produces iron ore, metallurgical and energy coal, conventional and unconventional oil and gas, copper, aluminum, manganese, uranium, nickel, and silver deposits. The company was founded in 1851 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
BHP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for BHP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that BHP Group Ltd ranked in the 29th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 66.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BHP, they are:
- BHP's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 31.53% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), BHP Group Ltd has a reliance on debt greater than only 21.92% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BHP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BHP Latest Social Stream
View Full BHP Social Stream
Latest BHP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BHP Group Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BHP as an investment opportunity.
The commodity-heavy FTSE 100 was flat, with miners Anglo American, Rio Tinto and BHP Group leading gains. Healthcare stocks led declines, with GlaxoSmithKline shedding 1.8% Barclays fell 0.9% after the lender's 2020 annual profit halved. Indivior fell 2.6% after the opioid addiction treatment maker's annual revenue fell 18%, hit by a decline in demand for its best-selling drug due to cheaper rivals and as patients stayed away from hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are some growth stocks to watch. These mining stocks are hitting the New Highs screen and have passed buy points. They also boast rising relative strength.
Rio Tinto saw its IBD SmartSelect Composite Rating jump to 98 Thursday, up from 94 the day before. The revised score means the stock currently tops 98% of all other stocks in terms of key performance metrics and technical strength. The market's biggest winners often have a 95 or higher grade in the early stages of a new price run, so that's a good starting point when looking for the best stocks to buy and watch.
[[BHP]] reports a 16% rise in H1 underlying profit from continuing operations to ~US$6B, helped by record production from its iron ore operations in Western Australia that helped it capitalize on higher prices.As a result, BHP shareholders will receive a higher than expected $US1.01/share interim dividend, up from last year's...
BHP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BHPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on BHP Group Ltd's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!