Big Lots, Inc. (BIG): Price and Financial Metrics
BIG Stock Summary
- Big Lots Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.65% of US listed stocks.
- BIG's current price/earnings ratio is 4.51, which is higher than merely 4.43% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Big Lots Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Big Lots Inc are IMKTA, SSI, SMRT, CATO, and NGHC.
- Visit BIG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.biglots.com.
BIG Stock Price Chart More Charts
BIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.66||52-week high||$39.53|
|Prev. close||$25.79||52-week low||$18.54|
|Day high||$25.93||Avg. volume||1,150,071|
|50-day MA||$27.65||Dividend yield||4.68%|
|200-day MA||$25.64||Market Cap||1.00B|
Big Lots, Inc. (BIG) Company Bio
Big Lots is a discount retailer with product assortments in the merchandise categories of Food, Consumables, Furniture, Seasonal, Soft Home, Hard Home, and Electronics & Accessories. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
BIG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Big Lots Inc. To summarize, we found that Big Lots Inc ranked in the 71st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 91%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BIG, they are:
- 37% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 12.98% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Big Lots Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 6%; for context, that number is higher than just 0.68% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 0% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|