Big Lots, Inc. (BIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BIG POWR Grades
- BIG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 75.6% of US stocks.
- BIG's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- BIG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
BIG Stock Summary
- BIG LOTS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 93.94% of US listed stocks.
- BIG LOTS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.43% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.1, BIG LOTS INC has a higher such ratio than only 1.92% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BIG LOTS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CTRN, FOSL, VIRC, IPW, and KIRK.
- BIG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BIG LOTS INC's official web site, go to www.biglots.com.
BIG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, BIG's price/sales ratio is 95% lower, now standing at 0.1.
- Over the past 243 months, BIG's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BIG.
BIG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 509.55%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -89.94%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -13.72%.
The table below shows BIG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BIG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BIG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.3% of graded US stocks.
- BIG's asset turnover comes in at 1.54 -- ranking 73rd of 165 Retail stocks.
- KR, FAST, and DLTH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BIG.
The table below shows BIG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.04||52-week high||$50.87|
|Prev. close||$19.82||52-week low||$15.16|
|Day high||$19.77||Avg. volume||1,261,678|
|50-day MA||$17.88||Dividend yield||6.3%|
|200-day MA||$25.87||Market Cap||551.06M|
Big Lots, Inc. (BIG) Company Bio
Big Lots is a discount retailer with product assortments in the merchandise categories of Food, Consumables, Furniture, Seasonal, Soft Home, Hard Home, and Electronics & Accessories. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
BIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BIG Latest Social Stream
View Full BIG Social Stream
Latest BIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BIG LOTS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BIG as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will discuss the 10 best retail stocks to buy now. You can skip our discussion on the retail industry and go directly to the 5 Best Retail Stocks to Buy Now. Due to macroeconomic uncertainty, some of the leading retail stocks have taken a beating this year. Inflation is still very […]
In this article, we discuss the 15 most shorted stocks right now. If you want to read about some more shorted stocks, go directly to 5 Most Shorted Stocks Right Now. The stock market has been volatile in the past few months as soaring inflation and rising rates combine to create an uncertain business environment […]
Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE: BIG) today announced it will report the results for the third quarter of fiscal 2022 on Thursday, December 1, 2022. The company will host a conference call at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, December 1 , 2022.
Big Lots has added two members to its leadership team, including a new merchandising chief who brings off-price retailing experience from TJX, the parent company of TJ Maxx and Marshall’s, to the discount chain. Margarita Giannantonio has been named executive vice president and chief merchandising officer for Big Lots, which has 1,440 stores in 48 states.
Big Lots Selects Retail Industry Veterans As Next Chief Merchandising Officer and Chief Marketing Officer
Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE: BIG), one of America's largest home discount retailers, today announced the appointment of two new members of its leadership team. Off-price retail industry veteran Margarita Giannantonio has been named Chief Merchandising Officer and retail industry brand and performance marketing leader John Alpaugh has joined Big Lots as Chief Marketing Officer.
BIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|