Big Lots, Inc. (BIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BIG POWR Grades
- BIG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 99.45% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BIG is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- BIG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 9.97% of US stocks).
BIG Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.62, Big Lots Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 2.75% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Big Lots Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.08% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.38, Big Lots Inc has a higher such ratio than only 5.79% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BIG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LINC, GTS, HVT, SIGI, and BKE.
- Visit BIG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.biglots.com.
BIG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, BIG's price/sales ratio is 86.21% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- Over the past 243 months, BIG's price/sales ratio has gone down $0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BIG.
BIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.80||52-week high||$73.23|
|Prev. close||$65.79||52-week low||$32.11|
|Day high||$69.16||Avg. volume||1,045,504|
|50-day MA||$66.87||Dividend yield||1.74%|
|200-day MA||$56.38||Market Cap||2.38B|
Big Lots, Inc. (BIG) Company Bio
Big Lots is a discount retailer with product assortments in the merchandise categories of Food, Consumables, Furniture, Seasonal, Soft Home, Hard Home, and Electronics & Accessories. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
BIG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for BIG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Big Lots Inc ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 1390%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Big Lots Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 57% of its capital from equity, and 43% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 12.33% of US equities in the Consumer Defensive sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Big Lots Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.39% of tickers in our DCF set.
- BIG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.39% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BIG Latest Social Stream
View Full BIG Social Stream
Latest BIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Big Lots Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BIG as an investment opportunity.
Photo by Juanmonino/E+ via Getty ImagesA very common mistake that many retail investors do is to judge whether a stock represents a nice long opportunity based solely on its trading multiples. However, they forget that most of the time such valuations happen for a reason. Whether it is some pending...
Big Lots (BIG) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE: BIG) today launches its summer, in-store fundraising effort to benefit On Our Sleeves, which aims to break the silence surrounding children's mental health. Now through July 7, customers who make a donation to On Our Sleeves when they check out at any Big Lots store nationwide will receive a coupon printed on their receipt for $5 off any future purchase of $15 or more. Powered by behavioral experts from Nationwide Children's Hospital, a longstanding Big Lots partner, the mi
Big Lots, Inc. (BIG) reported stronger-than-expected Q1 results, topping both earnings and revenue estimates, driven by results from the strategic initiative Operation North Star and third stimulus distributions. Shares of Big Lots declined 5.5% on Friday as due to a lack of visibility, the company refrained from providing FY2021 guidance. However, it did lay out its expectation plans for the second quarter of the year. EPS is expected to range between $1.00 and $1.15. Comparable sales are forecast to decline by a low double-digit indicating a two-year stacked comparable sales increase of around 20%. The company reported earnings of $2.62 per share in Q1, beating analysts’ expectations of $1.69 per share.
We are going to come right out and say it, Big Lots (NYSE: BIG) is such a deep value we are shocked that it is still trading at only 11 times its earnings.
BIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|