Black Hills Corporation (BKH): Price and Financial Metrics
BKH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.93||52-week high||$79.78|
|Prev. close||$60.60||52-week low||$58.81|
|Day high||$60.84||Avg. volume||450,736|
|50-day MA||$63.84||Dividend yield||4.13%|
|200-day MA||$67.81||Market Cap||3.99B|
BKH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BKH POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BKH ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.99% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BKH is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- BKH's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.31% of US stocks).
BKH Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 504.39, BLACK HILLS CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 95.03% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of BLACK HILLS CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For BKH, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.43% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BLACK HILLS CORP are ARTNA, WTRG, SR, NJR, and MAC.
- BKH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BLACK HILLS CORP's official web site, go to www.blackhillscorp.com.
BKH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, BKH's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.27% lower, now standing at 19.3.
- Over the past 243 months, BKH's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BKH.
BKH Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 1718.15%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 25.46%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -0.17%.
The table below shows BKH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BKH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BKH has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 10.7% of graded US stocks.
- BKH's asset turnover comes in at 0.218 -- ranking 50th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PNW, ALE, and UTL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BKH.
The table below shows BKH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BKH Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of BKH, see our BKH price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$74.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.43 (Moderate Buy)|
Black Hills Corporation (BKH) Company Bio
Black Hills Corporation is comprised of regulated Electric Utilities and regulated Gas Utilities segments, and its Non-regulated Energy Group is comprised of Power Generation, Coal Mining, and Oil and Gas segments. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Most Popular Stories View All
BKH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BKH Latest Social Stream
View Full BKH Social Stream
Latest BKH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BLACK HILLS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BKH as an investment opportunity.
3 High-Yield Dividend Stocks to Hit the Gas Pedal On Your Passive Income
Looking to juice your passive income stream? Here are three dividend stocks with interesting stories to tell.
Black Hills Corp. Natural Gas Utility Requests Rate Review and Rider Renewal in Wyoming
CHEYENNE, Wyo., May 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black Hills Corp. (NYSE: BKH) today announced that its Wyoming natural gas utility, Black Hills Wyoming Gas, LLC, doing business as Black Hills Energy, filed a rate review application with the Wyoming Public Service Commission requesting $19.3 million in new annual revenue. Black Hills Energy has invested over $140 million in safety, system integrity and reliability for its more than 6,400-mile natural gas utility system in Wyoming since its last
3 Dividend Stocks You Can Safely Hold for Decades
If you are looking for reliable dividend stocks, this trio of Dividend Kings should be right up your alley.
Here's Why We're Wary Of Buying Black Hills' (NYSE:BKH) For Its Upcoming Dividend
Black Hills Corporation ( NYSE:BKH ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 4 days. The ex-dividend date is one...
Black Hills Corp. Natural Gas Utility Requests Rate Review in Colorado
DENVER, May 09, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black Hills Corp. (NYSE: BKH) today announced that its Colorado natural gas utility, Black Hills Colorado Gas, Inc., doing business as Black Hills Energy, filed a rate review application with the Colorado Public Utility Commission requesting $26.7 million in new annual revenue. Black Hills Energy has invested approximately $140 million in system safety, integrity and reliability for more than 10,000 miles of natural gas utility infrastructure in Colorado
BKH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BKHHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Black Hills Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Black Hills Corp (BKH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Black Hills Corp (BKH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Black Hills Corp (BKH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...