Black Hills Corporation (BKH): Price and Financial Metrics
BKH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.67||52-week high||$74.32|
|Prev. close||$54.07||52-week low||$53.26|
|Day high||$54.04||Avg. volume||498,573|
|50-day MA||$56.90||Dividend yield||4.57%|
|200-day MA||$62.97||Market Cap||3.60B|
BKH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BKH POWR Grades
- BKH scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 67.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BKH is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- BKH's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.04% of US stocks).
BKH Stock Summary
- BKH's went public 37.74 years ago, making it older than 93.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of BLACK HILLS CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For BKH, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.57% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BKH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IRT, FE, EPR, XEL, and TGH.
- BKH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BLACK HILLS CORP's official web site, go to www.blackhillscorp.com.
BKH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, BKH's price/sales ratio is 22.22% lower, now standing at 1.4.
- BKH's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BKH.
BKH Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 1718.15%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 25.46%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -0.17%.
The table below shows BKH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BKH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BKH has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 10.7% of graded US stocks.
- BKH's asset turnover comes in at 0.218 -- ranking 50th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PNW, ALE, and UTL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BKH.
The table below shows BKH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Black Hills Corporation (BKH) Company Bio
Black Hills Corporation is comprised of regulated Electric Utilities and regulated Gas Utilities segments, and its Non-regulated Energy Group is comprised of Power Generation, Coal Mining, and Oil and Gas segments. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Rapid City, South Dakota.
BKH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BKH Latest Social Stream
View Full BKH Social Stream
Latest BKH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BLACK HILLS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BKH as an investment opportunity.
Southern Company has a decent streak of annual dividend hikes going, but the commitment to the dividend is much bigger than that.
RAPID CITY, S.D., Sept. 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black Hills Corp. (NYSE: BKH) today announced the pricing of a registered public debt offering of $450 million aggregate principal amount of 6.15% senior unsecured notes due May 15, 2034. The company expects the offering to close on Sept. 15, 2023, subject to customary closing conditions. The company plans to use the net proceeds from the offering, in combination with available cash, to repay all of its $525 million principal amount outstandin
These companies should continue generating growing dividend income for their shareholders in the decades to come.
If you are looking for reliable dividends, these three Dividend Kings should be right up your alley.
It looks like Black Hills Corporation ( NYSE:BKH ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next four days. Typically, the...
BKH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|