Black Hills Corporation (BKH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BKH POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where BKH ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 66.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BKH is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- BKH ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
BKH Stock Summary
- BKH's went public 35.83 years ago, making it older than 92.68% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Black Hills Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For BKH, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.41% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Black Hills Corp are WTRG, ARTNA, AL, MTN, and AQN.
- BKH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Black Hills Corp's official web site, go to www.blackhillscorp.com.
BKH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, BKH's EV/EBIT ratio is 1.32% lower, now standing at 22.4.
- BKH's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 16 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, BKH's price/earnings ratio has gone up 11.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BKH.
BKH Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -106.94%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 7.12%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -19.2%.
The table below shows BKH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BKH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BKH has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 11.48% of graded US stocks.
- BKH's asset turnover comes in at 0.221 -- ranking 49th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DTE, ALE, and UTL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BKH.
The table below shows BKH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BKH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BKH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.33||52-week high||$72.78|
|Prev. close||$65.80||52-week low||$56.31|
|Day high||$66.58||Avg. volume||334,068|
|50-day MA||$67.17||Dividend yield||3.41%|
|200-day MA||$66.15||Market Cap||4.21B|
Black Hills Corporation (BKH) Company Bio
Black Hills Corporation is comprised of regulated Electric Utilities and regulated Gas Utilities segments, and its Non-regulated Energy Group is comprised of Power Generation, Coal Mining, and Oil and Gas segments. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Most Popular Stories View All
BKH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BKH Latest Social Stream
View Full BKH Social Stream
Latest BKH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Black Hills Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BKH as an investment opportunity.
There's no doubt that investing in the stock market is a truly brilliant way to build wealth. But if when you choose to...
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Black Hills (BKH) have what it takes? Let's find out.
RAPID CITY, S.D., Oct. 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black Hills Corp. (NYSE: BKH) will announce its 2021 third quarter earnings after the market closes Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021, and will host a live conference call and webcast at 11 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021, to discuss the company’s financial results. Access the live webcast at www.blackhillscorp.com under the “Investor Relations” heading. Select “Events & Presentations,” and click “Q3 2021 Earnings Conference Call.” Please allow at leas
DENVER, Oct. 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black Hills Corp. (NYSE: BKH) today announced that its Colorado natural gas utility, Black Hills Colorado Gas, Inc., doing business as Black Hills Energy, reached an agreement with parties to its rate review for a general rate increase to support the companys efforts to continue delivering safe and reliable natural gas service to its customers.
IDACORP (IDA) raises quarterly dividend by 5.6%, and aims for a payout ratio between 60% and 70%.
BKH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|