BankUnited, Inc. (BKU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BKU POWR Grades
- BKU scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 89.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BKU is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- BKU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
BKU Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.49 for BankUnited Inc; that's greater than it is for 94.21% of US stocks.
- The volatility of BankUnited Inc's share price is greater than that of only 4.68% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BKU comes in at 41.43% -- higher than that of 96.27% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BankUnited Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BZH, WD, OZK, BWB, and FFIC.
- BKU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BankUnited Inc's official web site, go to www.bankunited.com.
BKU Valuation Summary
- BKU's price/earnings ratio is 10.7; this is 2.73% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- BKU's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 129 months.
- BKU's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 1 over the prior 129 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BKU.
BKU Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 211.91%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -46.16%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -66.08%.
The table below shows BKU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BKU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BKU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.63% of graded US stocks.
- BKU's asset turnover comes in at 0.027 -- ranking 408th of 430 Banking stocks.
- BOKF, EGBN, and EEFT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BKU.
The table below shows BKU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BKU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BKU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.17||52-week high||$48.74|
|Prev. close||$41.61||52-week low||$37.08|
|Day high||$42.17||Avg. volume||951,806|
|50-day MA||$41.25||Dividend yield||2.37%|
|200-day MA||$41.98||Market Cap||3.45B|
BankUnited, Inc. (BKU) Company Bio
BankUnited operates as the bank holding company for BankUnited, National Association that provides a range of banking products services to commercial and middle-market businesses, and individual customers in the United States, primarily in Florida counties and the New York Metropolitan area.
Most Popular Stories View All
BKU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BKU Latest Social Stream
View Full BKU Social Stream
Latest BKU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BankUnited Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BKU as an investment opportunity.
WesBanco's (WSBC) board of directors authorizes the extension of its stock repurchase program to up to 3.2 million shares and announced a 3% rise in its quarterly cash dividend.
WisdomTree's (WETF) board of directors authorizes the extension and increase of its stock repurchase program to up to $100 million.
BankUnited found using ticker (BKU) have now 13 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 52 and 42.5 with a mean TP of 47.73. Now with the previous closing price of 42.8 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 11.5%. The 50 day MA is 43.05 and the 200 day MA is 42.71. The market cap for the company is $3,738m. Visit the company website at: https://www.bankunited.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets=BKU" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $4,168m based on the market concensus. BankUnited operates as the bank holding company for BankUnited, a national banking association that provides a range of banking services in the ...
BankUnited is establishing a stronger foothold in a high-growth market with its first expansion into Georgia’s capital city. The Miami Lakes-based bank (NYSE: BKU) announced it will enter the Atlanta metropolitan area with an office in the city’s Buckhead district. The hub will house corporate banking and commercial real estate teams, as well as a treasury solutions sales officer.
BankUnited (BKU) announces a new $150-million share repurchase program. The company has also declares regular quarterly dividends, which, along with buybacks, keep enhancing shareholder value.
BKU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|