Box, Inc. (BOX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BOX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where BOX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BOX is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- BOX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 15.44% of US stocks).
BOX Stock Summary
- BOX INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than only 4.3% of US listed stocks.
- BOX's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 3.57% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BOX comes in at 15.39% -- higher than that of 87.18% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BOX INC are VRNS, MODN, TWLO, S, and QNST.
- Visit BOX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.box.com.
BOX Valuation Summary
- BOX's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 53.85% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 93 months, BOX's price/sales ratio has gone down 10.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BOX.
BOX Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.28%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -30.29%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 19.49%.
The table below shows BOX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BOX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BOX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.86% of graded US stocks.
- BOX's asset turnover comes in at 0.633 -- ranking 253rd of 561 Business Services stocks.
- TCX, HEES, and PRGS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BOX.
The table below shows BOX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BOX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BOX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.44||52-week high||$33.04|
|Prev. close||$26.63||52-week low||$22.31|
|Day high||$27.44||Avg. volume||1,639,171|
|50-day MA||$27.67||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$27.22||Market Cap||3.91B|
Box, Inc. (BOX) Company Bio
Box Inc. provides a cloud-based enterprise content collaboration platform that enables organizations of various sizes to access, store, share, and manage their content/information. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Los Altos, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
BOX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BOX Latest Social Stream
View Full BOX Social Stream
Latest BOX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BOX INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BOX as an investment opportunity.
Box (NYSE:BOX) shares gained more than 8% on Monday as investment firm Morgan Stanley upgraded the cloud storage company, noting its offerings are "underappreciated" compared to the value they provide and the company is improving its financials and can close the gap relative to its peers.
Analyst Josh Baer moved his rating on Box (BOX) to overweight from equal-weight, along with a $34 price target, noting that the company's recent results highlight s...
Box (NYSE:BOX) shares rose on Monday as investment firm Morgan Stanley upgraded the cloud storage company, noting its offerings are "underappreciated" compared to the value they provide and the company is improving its financials and can close the gap relative to its peers.
Analyst Josh Baer moved his rating on Box (BOX) to overweight from equal-weight, along with a $34 price target, noting that the company's recent results highlight strong execution and its suite of software ...
By Peter Nurse
Amid the broader stock market plunge, certain mid-cap stocks have taken more than their fair share of damage. In this article, we'll use TipRanks' Comparison Tool to look at two very different mid-cap stocks (PTON and BOX). One mid-cap has held its own far better than industry peers and the broader market averages, while the other has suffered one of the biggest knockout blows - a 96% decline from peak to trough. Undoubtedly, it's far tougher on smaller firms when it gets harder to raise capital. Many sport less bountiful balance sheets, with earnings prospects still in the earlier growth stages. Indeed, every company goes through the process of aging.
Monness analyst Brian White maintained a Hold rating on Box (BOX - Research Report) today. The company's shares closed yesterday at $24.74.According to TipRanks, White is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 9.6% and a 55.52% success rate. White covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Apple, Alphabet Class A, and Salesforce.The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Box with a $32.33 average price target.See today’s best-performing stocks on TipRanks >>The company has a one-year high of $33.04 and a one-year low of $22.31. Currently, Box has an average volume of 1.3M.
BOX Price Returns