BP PLC ADR (BP): Price and Financial Metrics
BP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.65||52-week high||$41.38|
|Prev. close||$34.72||52-week low||$25.36|
|Day high||$35.81||Avg. volume||9,372,590|
|50-day MA||$37.72||Dividend yield||4.48%|
|200-day MA||$35.13||Market Cap||104.84B|
BP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.2% of US stocks.
- BP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- BP's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 25.21% of US stocks).
BP Stock Summary
- BP has a market capitalization of $106,971,304,821 -- more than approximately 98.07% of US stocks.
- BP PLC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, BP has reported earnings growth of -760.82%, putting it ahead of merely 2.38% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BP PLC, a group of peers worth examining would be T, DEO, UNP, CB, and SBUX.
- Visit BP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bp.com.
BP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, BP's price/sales ratio is 71.43% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- BP's price/earnings ratio has moved down 10.5 over the prior 236 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BP.
BP Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 100.41%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -34.88%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -30.43%.
The table below shows BP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.23% of graded US stocks.
- BP's asset turnover comes in at 0.652 -- ranking 37th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows BP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BP PLC ADR (BP) Company Bio
BP PLC, formerly British Petroleum, is an integrated oil and gas company. Founded by William Knox D'Arcy in the early 1900’s, the company’s current business activities involved oil and natural gas exploration, midstream transportation, supply and trading of crude oil, petrochemicals products and related services to wholesale and retail customers. The company primarily operates in two segments, upstream and downstream. The upstream segment relates to BP’s oil exploration and production while the downstream segment consists of the company’s consumer products and services. BP’s Chief Executive Officer is Bernard Looney and the company’s global headquarters is located in London, England. BP employs over 70,000 people worldwide and its chief competitors include ExxonMobil Corp. (XOM), Valero Energy Corp. (VLO), and Chevron Corp. (CVX).
Most Popular Stories View All
BP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BP Latest Social Stream
View Full BP Social Stream
Latest BP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BP PLC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BP as an investment opportunity.
7 of the Best Energy Stocks to Buy Now
Energy stocks provide investors with solid opportunities for growth and positive returns.
BP unit to pay record $40 million to settle U.S. air pollution civil charges
A subsidiary of BP plc will pay a record-setting $40 million penalty to settle civil U.S. charges that its Indiana-based oil refinery violated federal laws aimed at curbing emissions of cancer-causing benzene in wastewater and other harmful pollutants, the U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday. The DOJ will require the oil major to make significant investments to curb benzene pollution at its 134 year old Whiting, Indiana refinery, which has a history of violating federal regulations limiting benzene in refinery wastewater streams.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights Microsoft, BP, Zoetis, Lululemon Athletica and Weyerhaeuser
Microsoft, BP, Zoetis, Lululemon Athletica and Weyerhaeuser are part of the Zacks top Analyst Blog.
bp expands mobility and convenience network completing the purchase of leading travel center operator, TravelCenters of America
Today BP Products North America Inc., a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of BP p.l.c. (NYSE: bp), completed its $1.3 billion acquisition of TravelCenters of America Inc. (Nasdaq: TA), one of the country's leading full-service travel center operators, marking a milestone for the US in the growth of bp's strategic convenience and mobility business and welcoming thousands of additional employees into bp.
PRESS DIGEST-British Business - May 15
The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. BP Plc has rebuffed an appeal from its pension trustees to increase payouts to help thousands of retired staff to manage the "challenging set of circumstances" raised by the energy crisis from which it has generated record profits. U.S.-based thinktank Carbon Tracker Initiative said that asset managers have invested $376 billion in oil and gas companies, despite publicly pledging to back efforts to limit global temperature rises to 1.5C.
BP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BPWant to see what other sources are saying about Bp Plc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Bp Plc (BP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Bp Plc (BP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Bp Plc (BP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...