BP PLC ADR (BP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BP POWR Grades
- BP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.56% of US stocks.
- BP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- BP's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 51.64% of US stocks).
BP Stock Summary
- BP has a higher market value than 97.99% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $108,714,370,825.
- BP PLC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.49% of US equities in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BP comes in at 23.37% -- higher than that of 93.38% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BP PLC, a group of peers worth examining would be CB, SBUX, BTI, EQNR, and EOG.
- BP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BP PLC's official web site, go to www.bp.com.
BP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, BP's price/earnings ratio is 206.45% lower, now standing at -9.9.
- Over the past 230 months, BP's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BP.
BP Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 100.41%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -277.56%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -30.43%.
The table below shows BP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.23% of graded US stocks.
- BP's asset turnover comes in at 0.652 -- ranking 37th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows BP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.29||52-week high||$36.11|
|Prev. close||$34.37||52-week low||$25.33|
|Day high||$34.49||Avg. volume||13,022,940|
|50-day MA||$32.63||Dividend yield||4.13%|
|200-day MA||$30.72||Market Cap||106.29B|
BP PLC ADR (BP) Company Bio
BP PLC, formerly British Petroleum, is an integrated oil and gas company. Founded by William Knox D'Arcy in the early 1900’s, the company’s current business activities involved oil and natural gas exploration, midstream transportation, supply and trading of crude oil, petrochemicals products and related services to wholesale and retail customers. The company primarily operates in two segments, upstream and downstream. The upstream segment relates to BP’s oil exploration and production while the downstream segment consists of the company’s consumer products and services. BP’s Chief Executive Officer is Bernard Looney and the company’s global headquarters is located in London, England. BP employs over 70,000 people worldwide and its chief competitors include ExxonMobil Corp. (XOM), Valero Energy Corp. (VLO), and Chevron Corp. (CVX).
Most Popular Stories View All
BP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BP Latest Social Stream
View Full BP Social Stream
Latest BP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BP PLC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BP as an investment opportunity.
Shell's acquisition of Nature Energy Biogas comes after at least two other energy giants with major presences in Houston announced similar RNG-related deals earlier this year.
McDonald's, BlackRock, BP, SAP and Fiserv are part of the Zacks top Analyst Blog.
Oil giants Chevron (NYSE: CVX), BP (NYSE: BP), and Shell (NYSE: SHEL) can see the writing on the proverbial wall. The global economy is shifting fuel sources from carbon dioxide-spewing fossil fuels to lower-carbon alternatives. Oil producers know they can't beat back this change, so they're joining in by investing in lower-carbon fuel sources.
In this article, we discuss 11 best gas stocks to buy now. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Best Gas Stocks To Buy Now. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has accelerated the shortage of natural gas, further hiking up prices for consumers and businesses alike. This resulted in the […]
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including McDonald's Corporation (MCD), BlackRock, Inc. (BLK) and BP p.l.c. (BP).
BP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|