BP PLC ADR (BP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BP POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where BP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.56% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BP is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- BP ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
BP Stock Summary
- BP has a market capitalization of $92,593,919,042 -- more than approximately 97.54% of US stocks.
- BP's went public 35.39 years ago, making it older than 92.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Bp Plc is reporting a growth rate of 3,053.47%; that's higher than 99.46% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Bp Plc, a group of peers worth examining would be CI, MDLZ, BTI, SYK, and BKNG.
- Visit BP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bp.com.
BP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.65||52-week high||$28.57|
|Prev. close||$25.89||52-week low||$14.74|
|Day high||$26.73||Avg. volume||16,122,896|
|50-day MA||$25.49||Dividend yield||4.65%|
|200-day MA||$21.92||Market Cap||90.08B|
BP PLC ADR (BP) Company Bio
BP PLC, formerly British Petroleum, is an integrated oil and gas company. Founded by William Knox D'Arcy in the early 1900’s, the company’s current business activities involved oil and natural gas exploration, midstream transportation, supply and trading of crude oil, petrochemicals products and related services to wholesale and retail customers. The company primarily operates in two segments, upstream and downstream. The upstream segment relates to BP’s oil exploration and production while the downstream segment consists of the company’s consumer products and services. BP’s Chief Executive Officer is Bernard Looney and the company’s global headquarters is located in London, England. BP employs over 70,000 people worldwide and its chief competitors include ExxonMobil Corp. (XOM), Valero Energy Corp. (VLO), and Chevron Corp. (CVX).
BP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for BP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Bp Plc ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 100%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BP, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.05 years, is -0.26% -- higher than just 6.7% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Bp Plc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -6.85. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 10.08% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Bp Plc has a reliance on debt greater than merely 18.04% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BP Latest Social Stream
View Full BP Social Stream
Latest BP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Bp Plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BP as an investment opportunity.
Photo by TebNad/iStock via Getty Images Investment Thesis France-based Total SE (NYSE: TOT) released its first quarter 2021 results on April 29, 2021. Glad to see the company back on track with free cash flow surpassing the $3 billion mark. One crucial factor that I have developed in my preceding...
BP ([[BP]] +1.6%) shareholders vote against a proposal asking the company to set and publish targets that are aligned with the goals of the 2015 Paris climate change agreement, but support more than doubled for the proposal from a previous vote in 2019.At BP's annual meeting today, nearly 21% of...
GEVO stock could drop closer to its cash per share despite its patents.
BP has fended off a proposal calling for greater action on climate change but shareholder support more than doubled for the demands of the activist group that proposed it. At the energy supermajor’s annual meeting on Wednesday, nearly 21 per cent of votes came in favour of the resolution by Dutch shareholder activist group Follow This, which sought to make BP set targets that are aligned with the Paris climate goals, in opposition to a recommendation by the board. While this fell short of the 75 per cent needed to pass, the vote piles pressure on the company and big shareholders that have stood by its corporate strategy.
The Colonial Pipeline had to be shut down recently due to a hack of its system and that could mean trouble for consumers.
BP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|