Berkshire Hathaway Inc. New (BRK.B): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BRK.B POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where BRK.B ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BRK.B is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- BRK.B's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 25.01% of US stocks).
BRK.B Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $786,763,036,648, Berkshire Hathaway Inc has a greater market value than 99.88% of US stocks.
- BRK.B's current price/earnings ratio is 8.76, which is higher than only 20.1% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Berkshire Hathaway Inc is higher than it is for about 80.53% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BRK.B, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UNH, FB, V, JNJ, and TSM.
- Visit BRK.B's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.berkshirehathaway.com.
BRK.B Valuation Summary
- BRK.B's price/sales ratio is 1.8; this is 43.75% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, BRK.B's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 13.8.
- Over the past 243 months, BRK.B's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BRK.B.
BRK.B Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 9.43%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.27%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -59.16%.
The table below shows BRK.B's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BRK.B's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BRK.B has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.28% of graded US stocks.
- BRK.B's asset turnover comes in at 0.417 -- ranking 34th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ANAT, MKL, and ORI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BRK.B.
The table below shows BRK.B's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BRK.B Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRK.B Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$304.05||52-week high||$362.10|
|Prev. close||$304.15||52-week low||$270.73|
|Day high||$307.46||Avg. volume||5,097,253|
|50-day MA||$334.91||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$304.71||Market Cap||670.83B|
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. New (BRK.B) Company Bio
Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. Through its subsidiaries, the firm primarily engages in the insurance and reinsurance of property and casualty risks business. Berkshire Hathaway was founded in 1889 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Most Popular Stories View All
BRK.B Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRK.B Latest Social Stream
View Full BRK.B Social Stream
Latest BRK.B News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Berkshire Hathaway Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRK.B as an investment opportunity.
Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) is a conglomerate known for its value investing philosophy. We are neutral on the stock. Defensive Stock for Uncertain Times Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger argue that although Berkshire Hathaway tends to underperform in a high-flying bull market, it outperforms in a bear or sideways market. To find out if this is true, let's take a look at the stock's weekly beta since August of 2008 relative to the S&P 500 ETF (SPY). However, we won't be using the traditional beta measure, which simply lumps upside and downside volatility into a single and sometimes misleading measure.
These energy stocks continue to outperform as the broader market weakens, driven by prices that are at their highest level in five years.
No summary available.
Warren Buffetts Berkshire Hathaway has sold a combined $3.1 billion worth of shares in Visa and Mastercard and bought a $1 billion stake in Brazilian digital lender Nubank.
Speaking at the Daily Journal''s annual shareholders meeting, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-B) Vice Chairman Charlie Munger offered some wisdom for investors amid the recent volatility in markets.
BRK.B Price Returns
Continue Researching BRK.BHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Berkshire Hathaway Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch