Berkshire Hathaway Inc. New (BRK.B): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BRK.B POWR Grades
- BRK.B scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 96.74% of US stocks.
- BRK.B's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- BRK.B ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
BRK.B Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $582,514,393,793, BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC has a greater market value than 99.89% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 49.81, BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 90.77% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC comes in at -27.17%, a number that bests only 6.58% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC are UNH, JNJ, V, WMT, and XOM.
- Visit BRK.B's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.berkshirehathaway.com.
BRK.B Valuation Summary
- BRK.B's EV/EBIT ratio is 42.7; this is 340.21% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- BRK.B's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BRK.B.
BRK.B Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 16.61%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -2.54%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 24.48%.
The table below shows BRK.B's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BRK.B's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BRK.B has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.28% of graded US stocks.
- BRK.B's asset turnover comes in at 0.417 -- ranking 34th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ANAT, MKL, and ORI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BRK.B.
The table below shows BRK.B's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BRK.B Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRK.B Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$267.02||52-week high||$362.10|
|Prev. close||$269.58||52-week low||$261.55|
|Day high||$272.94||Avg. volume||4,631,526|
|50-day MA||$286.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$306.35||Market Cap||587.71B|
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. New (BRK.B) Company Bio
Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. Through its subsidiaries, the firm primarily engages in the insurance and reinsurance of property and casualty risks business. Berkshire Hathaway was founded in 1889 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Most Popular Stories View All
BRK.B Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRK.B Latest Social Stream
View Full BRK.B Social Stream
Latest BRK.B News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRK.B as an investment opportunity.
Recently Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) (BRK.A) disclosed that Warren Buffett had bought another 5.99 million shares in Occidental Petroleum (OXY), following earlier buys. Reuters reported that the shares cost $352 million, implying an average cost of $58.76. Thanks to falling oil prices, OXY fell well below its average price for the year, and Bu...
With oil prices cresting above $120 a barrel and continuing to trade in a range between $85 and $105, energy companies are reaping record profits and issuing incredible earnings.
Looking to get ideas from the world's most famed investor?
A national rail strike that threatened to cost the U.S. economy $2 billion has been narrowly averted, sending railroad stocks higher.
With the equities sector again printing out some ugly figures, investors should concentrate on stocks to buy for safety.
BRK.B Price Returns
Continue Researching BRK.BHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Berkshire Hathaway Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch