Burlington Stores Inc. (BURL): Price and Financial Metrics
BURL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$176.28||52-week high||$239.94|
|Prev. close||$174.08||52-week low||$115.66|
|Day high||$177.75||Avg. volume||1,285,391|
|50-day MA||$137.99||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$164.79||Market Cap||11.37B|
BURL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BURL POWR Grades
- BURL scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 85.29% of US stocks.
- BURL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- BURL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 17.71% of US stocks).
BURL Stock Summary
- BURL has a higher market value than 84.66% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $11,231,267,104.
- BURLINGTON STORES INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.58% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.76 for BURLINGTON STORES INC; that's greater than it is for 87.47% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BURLINGTON STORES INC are FTDR, BAH, AN, DXYN, and ALTG.
- BURL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BURLINGTON STORES INC's official web site, go to www.burlingtoninvestors.com.
BURL Valuation Summary
- BURL's EV/EBIT ratio is 32.1; this is 114.72% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- BURL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 124 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BURL.
BURL Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 112.6%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -5.8%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -76.76%.
The table below shows BURL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BURL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BURL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.14% of graded US stocks.
- BURL's asset turnover comes in at 1.206 -- ranking 114th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ULTA, URBN, and TJX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BURL.
The table below shows BURL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Burlington Stores Inc. (BURL) Company Bio
Burlington, formerly known as Burlington Coat Factory, is an American national off-price department store retailer, and a division of Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation with 1000 + stores in 40 states and Puerto Rico, with its corporate headquarters located in Burlington Township, New Jersey. In 2007, it was acquired by Bain Capital in a transaction and in 2008, Tom Kingsbury became president and CEO. The company went public again in 2013. Burlington is the third largest off-price retailer after TJX Companies and Ross Stores. (Source:Wikipedia)
BURL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BURL Latest Social Stream
View Full BURL Social Stream
Latest BURL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BURLINGTON STORES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BURL as an investment opportunity.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
The holiday shopping season is upon us. It's a crucial time for many retailers, with the term "Black Friday" referencing the point when retailers go from being "in the red" to being "in the black." Storch Advisors Gerald "Jerry" Storch, the former CEO of both Toys R Us and Hudson's Bay, expresses caution over the high numbers reported during Cyber Week sales, stating that the growth likely came at the expense of brick-and-mortar sales. Although BMO Capital Markets Managing Director Simeon Siegel agrees about being watchful over retail reports, he feels “optimistic” that the holiday shopping season is off to a good start. The biggest question Siegel raises is how the retailers are going to perform during the lull between Cyber Week and Christmas. When it comes to the winners in retail, S...
Argosy Investors, an investment management company, released its third-quarter investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. The fund ended the quarter with 38.6% of the portfolio in cash and short-term government bonds. Year-to-date, the S&P 500 returned 13.1%. The recent increase in 10-year Treasury rates has led to a repricing of various […]
Empty Bed Bath & Beyond stores are hot real estate. Here’s who’s moving in
Burlington Stores, Inc. (NYSE:BURL) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 21, 2023 Burlington Stores, Inc. misses on earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $0.98 EPS, expectations were $0.99. Operator: Hello, and thank you for standing by. My name is Krista, and I’ll be your conference operator today. At this time, I would like to welcome everyone […]
BURL Price Returns