Burlington Stores Inc. (BURL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BURL POWR Grades
- BURL scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 73.91% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BURL is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- BURL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 14.4% of US stocks).
BURL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for BURL is 13.41 -- better than 97.65% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 90.34, BURLINGTON STORES INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 94.17% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for BURLINGTON STORES INC is higher than 92.81% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BURLINGTON STORES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PFGC, CIGI, TESS, BBY, and VRT.
- Visit BURL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.burlingtoninvestors.com.
BURL Valuation Summary
- BURL's price/earnings ratio is 88.1; this is 577.69% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- BURL's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 113 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BURL.
BURL Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -5.8%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -5.8%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -76.76%.
The table below shows BURL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BURL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BURL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.14% of graded US stocks.
- BURL's asset turnover comes in at 1.206 -- ranking 114th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ULTA, URBN, and TJX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BURL.
The table below shows BURL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BURL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BURL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$230.26||52-week high||$242.23|
|Prev. close||$230.81||52-week low||$106.47|
|Day high||$232.33||Avg. volume||836,357|
|50-day MA||$209.22||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$166.71||Market Cap||15.09B|
Burlington Stores Inc. (BURL) Company Bio
Burlington, formerly known as Burlington Coat Factory, is an American national off-price department store retailer, and a division of Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation with 1000 + stores in 40 states and Puerto Rico, with its corporate headquarters located in Burlington Township, New Jersey. In 2007, it was acquired by Bain Capital in a transaction and in 2008, Tom Kingsbury became president and CEO. The company went public again in 2013. Burlington is the third largest off-price retailer after TJX Companies and Ross Stores. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
BURL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BURL Latest Social Stream
View Full BURL Social Stream
Latest BURL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BURLINGTON STORES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BURL as an investment opportunity.
Retail has been a prime hunting ground for activist investors recently. While the new CEO of Kohl’s represents activists’ latest triumph, their overall record in the sector has been mixed. On Friday, Kohl’s (ticker: KSS) announced that interim CEO Tom Kingsbury would permanently take over the position, as was widely expected.
Burlington Stores' (BURL) 2.0 initiative, which aims at improving the execution of its off-price model, looks encouraging. Its store-growth efforts are also appreciable.
Today we're going to take a look at the well-established Burlington Stores, Inc. ( NYSE:BURL ). The company's stock saw...
Piggly Wiggly Midwest notified the state’s Department of Workforce Development it would begin layoffs and a closing process in March for its store at 709 E. Capitol Drive.
Burlington Stores, Inc. has established an impressive track record for growing sales, which grew 93% over the previous decade. Click here for my take on BURL.
BURL Price Returns