Bluelinx Holdings Inc. (BXC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BXC POWR Grades
- BXC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 99.61% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BXC is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- BXC ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
BXC Stock Summary
- BlueLinx Holdings Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.02% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.72, BlueLinx Holdings Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 1.37% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- BXC's price/sales ratio is 0.11; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 1.33% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BlueLinx Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PAE, HMHC, PBPB, HNGR, and STCN.
- Visit BXC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bluelinxco.com.
BXC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, BXC's price/sales ratio is 96.15% lower, now standing at 0.1.
- BXC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $0.2 over the prior 201 months.
- Over the past 201 months, BXC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down $0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BXC.
BXC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BXC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.21||52-week high||$70.38|
|Prev. close||$41.96||52-week low||$6.85|
|Day high||$42.73||Avg. volume||175,840|
|50-day MA||$50.28||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$35.12||Market Cap||390.18M|
Bluelinx Holdings Inc. (BXC) Company Bio
BlueLinx Holdings Inc. distributes building and industrial products in North America. It distributes products in two principal categories, structural products and specialty products. The companys structural products include plywood, oriented strand board, rebar and remesh, lumber, and other wood products primarily used for structural support, walls, and floorings in construction projects. Its specialty products comprise roofing, insulation, specialty panels, moldings, engineered wood products, vinyl products, outdoor living and metal products, and particle boards. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
BXC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for BlueLinx Holdings Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that BlueLinx Holdings Inc ranked in the 92th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 1662.17% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BXC, they are:
- 43% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 11.45% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- BlueLinx Holdings Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 1.4% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), BlueLinx Holdings Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 93.86% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BXC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BXC Latest Social Stream
View Full BXC Social Stream
Latest BXC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BlueLinx Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BXC as an investment opportunity.
Photo by kali9/E+ via Getty Images At current price levels, BlueLinx (BXC) is not the opportunity that once was and maybe fully priced. While uncertainty about it has decreased it is not linear that they can keep growing like the last year. BlueLinx operates in a highly cyclical industry, and...
The IBD SmartSelect Composite Rating for Bluelinx increased from 94 to 96 Thursday. The building materials retailer stock sports a 99 Relative Strength Rating. Bluelinx stock is currently extended beyond a proper buy zone after clearing the 46.85 buy point in a consolidation.
BlueLinx Holdings Inc. (BXC) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 05, 2021 10:00 AM ET Company Participants Mary Moll - Director of Investor Relations Mitch Lewis - Chief Executive Officer Kelly Janzen - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Greg Palm - Craig-Hallum Capital Reuben Garner - Benchmark Company Brett...
Mitchell B. Lewis to Retire; Will Remain a Director on the BoardDwight A.K. Gibson Named Incoming President and CEO, Effective June 7, 2021 MARIETTA, Ga., April 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BlueLinx Holdings Inc. (NYSE: BXC), a leading U.S. wholesale distributor of building products in the United States, today announced that Mitchell B. Lewis will retire as President and Chief Executive Officer, effective June 7, 2021. Following a comprehensive search process which commenced in the fall of 2020, the Board of Directors elected Dwight A.K. Gibson as the Company’s incoming President and Chief Executive Officer, effective June 7, 2021. Mr. Gibson will also be appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors when he joins the Company. Mr. Lewis will serve in an advisory capacity through year-en...
MARIETTA, Ga., April 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BlueLinx Holdings Inc. (NYSE: BXC), a leading U.S. wholesale distributor of building products, will issue first quarter 2021 financial results after the market closes on Tuesday, May 4, 2021. A conference call to discuss the Company’s first quarter will be hosted by Mitch Lewis, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Kelly Janzen, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, at 10:00 AM ET. A webcast of the conference call and accompanying presentation materials will be available in the Investor Relations section of the BlueLinx website at http://bluelinxco.com/webcast-presentations, and a replay of the webcast will be available at the same site shortly after the webcast is complete. To participate in...
BXC Price Returns