Bluelinx Holdings Inc. (BXC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BXC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where BXC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.01% of US stocks.
- BXC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- BXC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 12.31% of US stocks).
BXC Stock Summary
- BlueLinx Holdings Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.43% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.98, BlueLinx Holdings Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 2.06% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- BXC's price/sales ratio is 0.17; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 1.9% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BXC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ANDE, JAN, INT, SBH, and TISI.
- Visit BXC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bluelinxco.com.
BXC Valuation Summary
- BXC's price/sales ratio is 0.1; this is 95.65% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- BXC's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 204 months.
- Over the past 204 months, BXC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BXC.
BXC Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -123.93%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -66.2%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 887.2%.
The table below shows BXC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BXC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BXC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.68% of graded US stocks.
- BXC's asset turnover comes in at 3.516 -- ranking 12th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- HBP, BCC, and POOL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BXC.
The table below shows BXC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BXC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BXC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.42||52-week high||$76.94|
|Prev. close||$70.11||52-week low||$24.01|
|Day high||$71.72||Avg. volume||193,036|
|50-day MA||$57.64||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$50.13||Market Cap||693.27M|
Bluelinx Holdings Inc. (BXC) Company Bio
BlueLinx Holdings Inc. distributes building and industrial products in North America. It distributes products in two principal categories, structural products and specialty products. The companys structural products include plywood, oriented strand board, rebar and remesh, lumber, and other wood products primarily used for structural support, walls, and floorings in construction projects. Its specialty products comprise roofing, insulation, specialty panels, moldings, engineered wood products, vinyl products, outdoor living and metal products, and particle boards. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
BXC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BXC Latest Social Stream
View Full BXC Social Stream
Latest BXC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BlueLinx Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BXC as an investment opportunity.
MARIETTA, Ga., Nov. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BlueLinx Holdings Inc. (NYSE: BXC), a leading U.S. wholesale distributor of building products, today reported financial results for the three months ended October 2, 2021. THIRD QUARTER 2021 HIGHLIGHTS(All comparisons versus the prior-year period unless otherwise noted) Net sales of $971 million, an increase of 11%Net income of $47 million, a decrease of 14%Adjusted EBITDA of $79 million, a decrease of 2%Strong cash flow from operations of $104 mi
BlueLinx (NYSE:BXC) will be issuing its quarterly earnings data after the market closes on Tuesday, November 2nd. Parties that are interested in participating in the companys conference call can do so using this link. BlueLinx (NYSE:BXC) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Monday, August 2nd. The construction company reported $11.61 EPS for the quarter, 
MARIETTA, Ga., Oct. 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BlueLinx Holdings Inc. (NYSE: BXC) (the Company), a leading U.S. wholesale distributor of building products, announced today that the Company has completed its previously announced offering of $300 million aggregate principal amount of its 6.00% Senior Secured Notes due 2029 (the 2029 Notes) in a private offering to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers, as defined in Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Securities Act), and non-U.S. persons outside the United States under Regulation S under the Securities Act.
BlueLinx Holdings (NYSE: BXC) is a wholesale distributor of materials for residential and commercial construction projects that is certainly benefiting from the housing boom. Due to the nature of its business, the company's fortunes are tied indirectly to the supply and demand dynamics in the housing market. Bluelinx provides the materials homebuilders use to construct and renovate real estate and in some ways, it has been viewed as a proxy for the real estate market.
BlueLinx Holdings Inc. (NYSE:BXC) Stock Position Increased by Punch & Associates Investment Management Inc.
Punch & Associates Investment Management Inc. lifted its holdings in shares of BlueLinx Holdings Inc. (NYSE:BXC) by 13.3% during the second quarter, HoldingsChannel.com reports. The institutional investor owned 884,184 shares of the construction companys stock after acquiring an additional 103,527 shares during the quarter. BlueLinx accounts for about 2.2% of Punch & Associates Investment Management 
BXC Price Returns