BancorpSouth Bank (BXS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BXS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BXS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 64.19% of US stocks.
- BXS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- BXS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.94% of US stocks).
BXS Stock Summary
- BXS's went public 35.85 years ago, making it older than 92.75% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.68 for Bancorpsouth Inc; that's greater than it is for 88.19% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Bancorpsouth Inc's share price is greater than that of just 19.79% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BXS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WABC, CIVB, INDB, GABC, and OCFC.
- BXS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Bancorpsouth Inc's official web site, go to www.bancorpsouth.com.
BXS Valuation Summary
- BXS's price/earnings ratio is 16.8; this is 52.73% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, BXS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- Over the past 243 months, BXS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 3.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BXS.
BXS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BXS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.34% of graded US stocks.
- BXS's asset turnover comes in at 0.05 -- ranking 91st of 431 Banking stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows BXS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BXS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BXS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.76||52-week high||$35.59|
|Prev. close||$29.07||52-week low||$22.16|
|Day high||$29.45||Avg. volume||912,183|
|50-day MA||$29.54||Dividend yield||2.78%|
|200-day MA||$29.74||Market Cap||2.95B|
BancorpSouth Bank (BXS) Company Bio
BancorpSouth provides commercial banking and financial services to individuals and small-to-medium size businesses in Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Missouri, and Illinois. The company was founded in 1876 and is based in Tupelo, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
BXS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BXS Latest Social Stream
View Full BXS Social Stream
Latest BXS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Bancorpsouth Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BXS as an investment opportunity.
Cadence Bank (NYSE: CADE) today announced the successful closing of its previously announced merger in which legacy Cadence Bancorporation merged into BancorpSouth Bank, with BancorpSouth as the surviving company. Upon the completion of the merger, BancorpSouth was renamed Cadence Bank, and its stock will trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "CADE" beginning today.
The Bank of New York Mellon (NYSE:BK) and BancorpSouth Bank (NYSE:BXS) are both finance companies, but which is the better investment? We will compare the two businesses based on the strength of their earnings, profitability, risk, analyst recommendations, dividends, valuation and institutional ownership. Risk & Volatility The Bank of New York Mellon has a beta 
Growth in loan and deposit balance, and revenues support Huntington's (HBAN) Q3 earnings. Elevated expenses and lower margins hinder its performance.
BancorpSouth Bank (NYSE:BXS) price is hovering lower on Wednesday, October 27, dropping -1.76% below its previous close. >> 7 Top Picks for the Post-Pandemic Economy > 7 Top Picks for the Post-Pandemic Economy
PEAK6 Investments LLC increased its stake in BancorpSouth Bank (NYSE:BXS) by 105.6% during the second quarter, according to its most recent Form 13F filing with the SEC. The firm owned 7,195 shares of the banks stock after purchasing an additional 3,695 shares during the period. PEAK6 Investments LLCs holdings in BancorpSouth Bank were worth $204,000 
BXS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|