Citigroup Inc. (C): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
C POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where C ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.87% of US stocks.
- C's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- C's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 18.76% of US stocks).
C Stock Summary
- C has a higher market value than 97.53% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $83,793,443,116.
- C's went public 37.26 years ago, making it older than 93.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- C's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 93.91% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CITIGROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be UBS, MDLZ, CI, NOC, and FISV.
- Visit C's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.citigroup.com.
C Valuation Summary
- C's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 56% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, C's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for C.
C Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 58.8%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 10.57%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -12.82%.
The table below shows C's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
C's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- C has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.66% of graded US stocks.
- C's asset turnover comes in at 0.031 -- ranking 356th of 428 Banking stocks.
- FBC, ELVT, and GDOT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with C.
The table below shows C's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
C Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of C, see our C price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$84.39||Average Broker Recommendation||1.54 (Moderate Buy)|
C Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
C Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.22||52-week high||$57.40|
|Prev. close||$44.78||52-week low||$40.01|
|Day high||$45.23||Avg. volume||20,656,982|
|50-day MA||$49.47||Dividend yield||4.73%|
|200-day MA||$47.93||Market Cap||87.89B|
Citigroup Inc. (C) Company Bio
Citigroup Inc. or Citi (stylized as citi) is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; Travelers was subsequently spun off from the company in 2002. Citigroup owns Citicorp, the holding company for Citibank, as well as several international subsidiaries. Citigroup is incorporated in Delaware. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
C Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
C Latest Social Stream
View Full C Social Stream
Latest C News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CITIGROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate C as an investment opportunity.
'Deutsche Bank has been a problem child,': Author
The most recent leg of the ongoing bank crisis saw First Citizens BancShares (FCNCA) move to acquire the collapsed Silicon Valley Bank. First Citizens will pay $16.5B for SVB's $72B in loans and the transfer of all the bank’s deposits, worth $56B. Roughly $90B in Silicon Valley Bank’s securities and other assets were not included in that sale, and remain in the custody of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. It was speculated that U.S. taxpayers could be on the hook for the $90B in unsold assets -- when asked if that scenario was likely in an interview with Yahoo Finance's Rachelle Akuffo, New York Times Business Investigations Editor David Enrich said, "I don't think this is likely to be a huge taxpayer bailout... at least not compared to the bailouts we have seen in 2008, and ev...
Citigroup’s Truscott to Depart as UK Investment Banking Head
(Bloomberg) -- Citigroup Inc.’s head of investment banking in the UK is leaving, prompting the latest in a series of changes to its London-based leadership.Most Read from BloombergSaudi National Bank Chair Resigns After Credit Suisse RemarkBinance and Its CEO Sued by CFTC Over US Regulatory ViolationsFirst Citizens to Buy SVB After Biggest Failure Since 2008Schwab’s $7 Trillion Empire Built on Low Rates Is Showing CracksAndrew Truscott is standing down to become chief executive officer of John L
Why the biggest banks 'could be natural beneficiaries' of current turmoil: strategist
The biggest U.S. banks stand to become even more powerful in the wake of the banking crisis — whereas regional banks could lose their foothold.
SVB testimony, inflation update, and earnings- everything you need to know for the week ahead
SVB hearings, major economic data, and some heavy hitters reporting earnings. There’s a lot going on in the week ahead. Here’s what you need to know: For the first time, members of Congress will grill top banking regulators over the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank. Top officials from the Federal Reserve, FDIC, and Treasury Department are expected to testify on Tuesday and Wednesday on Capitol Hill, as lawmakers try to get to the bottom of why the banks failed. Wall Street will be watching this week for the latest round of economic figures. We’re set to receive 2022 Q4 GDP (final), PCE inflation data, consumer confidence, and fresh information on the health of the housing market. And big time market movers Walgreens (WBA), Carnival Cruise Line (CCL), and Lululemon (LUL...
4 Bank Stocks STILL Paying Secure Dividends
The banking crisis sparked by the failure of SVB has resulted in some very safe banks offering some very fat dividends.
C Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Citigroup Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Citigroup Inc (C) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Citigroup Inc (C) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Citigroup Inc (C) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...