Conagra Brands Inc. (CAG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAG POWR Grades
- CAG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 87.69% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAG is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- CAG's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 34.3% of US stocks).
CAG Stock Summary
- CONAGRA BRANDS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.26% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of CONAGRA BRANDS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.12% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CAG is more volatile than just 1.94% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CONAGRA BRANDS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be REYN, BG, L, WPP, and PPC.
- Visit CAG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.conagrabrands.com.
CAG Valuation Summary
- CAG's EV/EBIT ratio is 16.2; this is 3.57% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CAG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAG.
CAG Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -1.24%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -42.64%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -38.22%.
The table below shows CAG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.96% of graded US stocks.
- CAG's asset turnover comes in at 0.501 -- ranking 42nd of 59 Food Products stocks.
- K, TOFB, and LNDC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAG.
The table below shows CAG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.35||52-week high||$36.97|
|Prev. close||$34.76||52-week low||$30.06|
|Day high||$34.79||Avg. volume||4,221,460|
|50-day MA||$34.33||Dividend yield||3.84%|
|200-day MA||$34.11||Market Cap||16.49B|
Conagra Brands Inc. (CAG) Company Bio
Conagra Brands, Inc. (formerly ConAgra Foods) is an American consumer packaged goods holding company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Conagra makes and sells products under various brand names that are available in supermarkets, restaurants, and food service establishments. As of September 2021 the company had a valuation in terms of its market capitalization of $16.4 billion. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CAG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAG Latest Social Stream
View Full CAG Social Stream
Latest CAG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONAGRA BRANDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAG as an investment opportunity.
Canadians will have the chance to win prize packs including a Nintendo Switch system and a one-year supply of Orville Redenbacher Microwave PopcornTORONTO, Sept. 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orville Redenbacher has teamed up with Nintendo Switch to help Canadian families take their gaming experience to the next level with games that can be enjoyed by fans of all ages.“Orville Redenbacher popcorn is the go-to gaming snack for many Canadians, so we’re thrilled to partner with Nintendo of Canada to
In a report released on September 16, Kenneth Goldman from J.P. Morgan maintained a Hold rating on Conagra Brands (CAG - Research Report), with a price target of $37.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $33.83.Goldman covers the Consumer Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as Campbell Soup, General Mills, and Kellogg. According to TipRanks, Goldman has an average return of 9.5% and a 59.40% success rate on recommended stocks. Currently, the analyst consensus on Conagra Brands is a Hold with an average price target of $35.78.See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks >> The company has a one-year high of $36.32 and a one-year low of $29.51.
This article discusses the top 7 stock picks of activist JANA Partners at the end of the second quarter. You can skip our detailed analysis of the fund, its history and recent performance if you are short on time and go directly to 3 Best Stocks to Buy According to JANA Partners. Founded in 2001, […]
earnings ratio collapse to seemingly attractive levels, Al Root writes in this week's edition of Barron's. Among cheap stocks that do no deserve to be in the bargain bin are IBM (IBM), CVS Health (CVS), Philip Morris (PM), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY), Conagra Brands (CAG), Dollar Tree (DLTR), Humana (HUM), and UnitedHealth Group (UNH), FMC (FMC), Raytheon Technologies (RTX), NRG Energy (NRG) and Edison International (EIX), the author notes.
These three names are all good options for investors looking for the best vegan stocks to buy at this point.
CAG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|