Avis Budget Group, Inc. (CAR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAR POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CAR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAR is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- CAR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 5.5% of US stocks).
CAR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CAR is -15.89 -- better than just 1.11% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -110.62 for Avis Budget Group Inc; that's greater than it is for just 0.26% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CAR comes in at 71.01% -- higher than that of 97.31% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Avis Budget Group Inc are CHH, TEN, HCA, DMS, and JAKK.
- Visit CAR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.avisbudgetgroup.com.
CAR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CAR's price/sales ratio is 38.89% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- CAR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 47 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CAR's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAR.
CAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.77||52-week high||$95.10|
|Prev. close||$85.32||52-week low||$24.44|
|Day high||$86.37||Avg. volume||1,420,677|
|50-day MA||$81.51||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$59.82||Market Cap||5.78B|
Avis Budget Group, Inc. (CAR) Company Bio
Avis Budget Group provides car and truck rentals, car sharing, and ancillary services to businesses and consumers worldwide. The company has three segments: North America, International, and Truck Rental. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Parsippany, New Jersey.
CAR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Avis Budget Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Avis Budget Group Inc ranked in the 87th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CAR, they are:
- 29% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 5.41% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Avis Budget Group Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.86. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 13.17% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 17. This value is greater than 97.67% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAR Latest Social Stream
View Full CAR Social Stream
Latest CAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Avis Budget Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAR as an investment opportunity.
Avis Budget (CAR) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
A whopping number of 13F filings filed with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has been processed by Insider Monkey so that individual investors can look at the overall hedge fund sentiment towards the stocks included in their watchlists. These freshly-submitted public filings disclose money managers’ equity positions as of the end of the three-month period […]
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Can You Imagine How Jubilant Avis Budget Group's (NASDAQ:CAR) Shareholders Feel About Its 134% Share Price Gain?
Avis Budget Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CAR ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 22% in the...
The Latest Released Car Rentals market study has evaluated the future growth potential of Global Car Rentals market and provides information and useful stats on market structure and size. The report is 
CAR Price Returns