Avis Budget Group, Inc. (CAR): Price and Financial Metrics
CAR Stock Summary
- Avis Budget Group Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 0.66% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -895.39 for Avis Budget Group Inc; that's greater than it is for merely 0.02% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CAR comes in at 72.5% -- higher than that of 97.23% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Avis Budget Group Inc are TEN, SEE, SEAS, SBH, and MAS.
- CAR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Avis Budget Group Inc's official web site, go to www.avisbudgetgroup.com.
CAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.82||52-week high||$81.31|
|Prev. close||$79.01||52-week low||$9.44|
|Day high||$81.31||Avg. volume||1,510,702|
|50-day MA||$65.07||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$41.89||Market Cap||5.58B|
Avis Budget Group, Inc. (CAR) Company Bio
Avis Budget Group provides car and truck rentals, car sharing, and ancillary services to businesses and consumers worldwide. The company has three segments: North America, International, and Truck Rental. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Parsippany, New Jersey.
CAR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CAR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Avis Budget Group Inc ranked in the 89th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 829.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Avis Budget Group Inc ended up being:
- As a business, CAR is generating more cash flow than 97.45% of positive cash flow stocks in the Industrials.
- 29% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 6.58% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Avis Budget Group Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -3.14. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 14.43% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAR Latest Social Stream
View Full CAR Social Stream
Latest CAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Avis Budget Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAR as an investment opportunity.
With vaccine rollouts progressing and personal savings rising to record highs, “reopening” plays in the stock market are all the rage. As a contrarian, I’ve been suggesting reopening plays in this column and my stock letter (the link is in the bio below) for upwards of a year. Wait, how could the reopening theme be spent even before reopening happens?
Avis Budget (CAR) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Shares of Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ: CAR), one of the largest publicly traded car rental companies, fell just shy of 7% in the first hour of trading on Tuesday. Wall Street analyst Billy Kovanis at Morgan Stanley downgraded Avis Budget Group from an overweight call to equal weight.
We often see insiders buying up shares in companies that perform well over the long term. The flip side of that is that...
Shares of Avis Budget Group Inc. hiked 2.5% higher in afternoon trading Wednesday, putting them on track to close at exactly a 6-year high, after BofA Securities analyst Aileen Smith boosted her price target by 40%, saying there's "still good mileage left in this rental." Smith reiterated her buy rating on the rental car company while lifting her price target to $70, which is 15.5% above current levels, from $50. Among the tenets of her buy thesis, which continue to play out: 1) "opportune investment time" following the post-COVID market trough in 2020 and apparent inflection in 2021, with improving demand and supply trends; 2) a company turnaround/transformation effort is underway, including a COVID response and long-term business evolution; and 3) status as the "consistently stronger ...
CAR Price Returns
Continue Researching CARWant to do more research on Avis Budget Group Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!