CarGurus, Inc. - (CARG): Price and Financial Metrics
CARG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.35||52-week high||$24.22|
|Prev. close||$17.52||52-week low||$9.14|
|Day high||$17.50||Avg. volume||1,310,381|
|50-day MA||$18.82||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.27||Market Cap||1.97B|
CARG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CARG POWR Grades
- CARG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.62% of US stocks.
- CARG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CARG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
CARG Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.66, CARGURUS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 14.7% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 202.49%, CARGURUS INC's debt growth rate surpasses 94.48% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that CARG's revenue has grown -21.22% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 12.25% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CARGURUS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be KSCP, SGH, PRCT, EGRX, and FLNC.
- Visit CARG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cargurus.com.
CARG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, CARG's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.31% higher, now standing at 16.6.
- CARG's price/sales ratio has moved down 9.6 over the prior 72 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CARG.
CARG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CARG has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.32% of graded US stocks.
- CARG's asset turnover comes in at 1.116 -- ranking 107th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows CARG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CarGurus, Inc. - (CARG) Company Bio
CarGurus, Inc. operates an online automotive marketplace connecting buyers and sellers of new and used cars worldwide. The company's marketplace enables users with third-party validation on pricing, dealer reputation, and other information. As of June 30, 2017, it had an active dealer network of approximately 40,000 dealers; and approximately 5.4 million car listings. The company was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
CARG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CARG Latest Social Stream
View Full CARG Social Stream
Latest CARG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CARGURUS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CARG as an investment opportunity.
Auto retail is finally shifting from a seller’s market to a buyer’s market: Dealers’ car lots are looking fuller, while high interest rates are making consumers choosier. CarGurus and Cars.com are among the largest online platforms that consumers use to shop for cars. Dealers and car manufacturers can also pay for advertising slots and additional features their potential customers might value, such as online appraisals and loan screening.
These under-the-radar stocks have the potential to deliver tremendous returns once their businesses recover and investors take note.
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? Typically, we'll want...
CarGurus, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CARG ), might not be a large cap stock, but it received a lot of attention from a substantial...
Auto stocks are volatile as new car affordability remains very low and used car demand fills the void for the interim.
CARG Price Returns