Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAT POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where CAT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CAT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 28.18% of US stocks).
CAT Stock Summary
- CAT has a higher market value than 97.99% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $121,013,093,066.
- Caterpillar Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CAT is more volatile than only 8.2% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Caterpillar Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be DE, GE, SYK, ZTS, and MDT.
- CAT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Caterpillar Inc's official web site, go to www.caterpillar.com.
CAT Valuation Summary
- CAT's price/earnings ratio is 26.3; this is 0.96% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CAT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CAT's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAT.
CAT Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 59.23%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 26.41%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 2.95%.
The table below shows CAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.35% of graded US stocks.
- CAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.578 -- ranking 72nd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- MTW, GRC, and PPIH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAT.
The table below shows CAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$183.45||52-week high||$237.90|
|Prev. close||$187.44||52-week low||$176.02|
|Day high||$187.57||Avg. volume||3,621,223|
|50-day MA||$209.45||Dividend yield||2.37%|
|200-day MA||$206.72||Market Cap||97.84B|
Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Company Bio
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Peoria, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAT Latest Social Stream
View Full CAT Social Stream
Latest CAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Caterpillar Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAT as an investment opportunity.
Barloworld Limited -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Barloworld Limited
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Barloworld LimitedGlobal Credit Research - 24 Feb 2022DIFC - Dubai, February 24, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of Barloworld Limited and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 17 February 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. Since 1 January 2019, Moody's practice has been to issue a press release following each periodic review to announce its ...
Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bearish stance on Caterpillar (NYSE: CAT ). And retail traders should know. We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga. Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don''t know. But when something this big happens with CAT, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen. So how do we know what this whale just did? Today, Benzinga ''s options scanner spotted 25 uncommon options trades for Caterpillar. This isn''t normal. The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 36% bullish and 64%, bearish. Out of all of the special options we uncovered, 20 are puts, for a total amount of $2,674,177, and 5 are calls, … Ful...
I don't mean to brag, but since I wrote my "Selling Caterpillar" article on Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) about nine months ago, the shares have produced a loss of about 20%, against a gain of ~2.9% for the S&P 500. That was a lie. I'm sorry to start an article with...
Shares of iconic yellow-painted machinery maker Caterpillar (CAT) are back on the retreat following the release of some sub-par quarterly earnings results and broader market weakness. Undoubtedly, Caterpillar may be a value stock. Still, a primary reason behind its below-average multiple is how quickly the big gains or losses can arrive during cyclical upswings and downturns. Indeed, few investors have the stomach for a cyclical stock over the long run. Despite the cyclical nature, though, I do think Caterpillar is one of the cyclicals that's worth owning as a part of a long-term portfolio. For now, I am staying bullish on CAT stock.
As Russia appears to prep for a Ukraine invasion, tensions push stocks down across the globe.
CAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|