Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAT POWR Grades
- CAT scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 82.58% of US stocks.
- CAT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CAT ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 51st percentile.
CAT Stock Summary
- CAT has a higher market value than 98.28% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $116,113,616,003.
- CAT's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 304.42 -- higher than 90.42% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- CAT's went public 37.25 years ago, making it older than 93.52% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CATERPILLAR INC, a group of peers worth examining would be IBM, SYK, ZTS, GE, and BSX.
- CAT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CATERPILLAR INC's official web site, go to www.caterpillar.com.
CAT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CAT's price/sales ratio is 5.56% higher, now standing at 1.9.
- CAT's price/sales ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAT.
CAT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 3732.88%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -17.22%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -8.45%.
The table below shows CAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.35% of graded US stocks.
- CAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.578 -- ranking 72nd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- MTW, GRC, and PPIH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAT.
The table below shows CAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CAT, see our CAT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$229.89||Average Broker Recommendation||1.8 (Hold)|
CAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$219.95||52-week high||$266.04|
|Prev. close||$224.92||52-week low||$160.60|
|Day high||$226.59||Avg. volume||3,463,231|
|50-day MA||$244.44||Dividend yield||2.18%|
|200-day MA||$212.28||Market Cap||113.57B|
Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Company Bio
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Peoria, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAT Latest Social Stream
View Full CAT Social Stream
Latest CAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CATERPILLAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAT as an investment opportunity.
EVs Finally Land at North America’s Biggest Machinery Conference
(Bloomberg) -- As electric SUVs and sedans roll onto American highways, diesel still reigns supreme on US construction sites. But walk around the industry’s largest trade conference in Las Vegas this week, and the first signs of battery power have finally arrived.Most Read from BloombergCredit Suisse Reels After Top Shareholder Rules Out Raising StakeRyan Reynolds-Backed Mint Is Bought by T-Mobile for $1.35 BillionFirst Republic Bank Is Said to Weigh Options Including a SaleTraders Dash for Cove
My Hedge Against The Silicon Valley Bank Crisis
In other words, the Fed’s response to today’s banking crisis has turned out to be another catalyst driving gold prices higher.
US Construction Shows No Signs of Slowdown, Caterpillar CEO Says
(Bloomberg) -- Construction activity isn’t showing any signs of slowing down across North America this year, Caterpillar Inc.’s top executive said on the sidelines of the industry’s largest conference.Most Read from Bloomberg‘Old-School’ Signature Bank Collapsed After Its Big Crypto LeapBofA Gets More Than $15 Billion in Deposits After SVB FailsRussian Fighter Jet Collides With US Drone Over Black SeaSignature Bank Faced Criminal Probe Ahead of Firm’s CollapseUS Core CPI Tops Estimates, Pressuri
Caterpillar Highlights Services, Technology and Sustainability at 2023 CONEXPO-CON/AGG
Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) is showcasing its latest products, services and technologies at this year's CONEXPO-CON/AGG March 14-18 in Las Vegas, Nevada. More than 30 machines, including model unveilings and battery electric machine prototypes, will be on display at the company's largest exhibit to date at the event.
7 Blue-Chip Stocks to Buy in March
When investors look for quality in bear markets, blue-chip stocks rise to the top.
CAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CATWant to see what other sources are saying about Caterpillar Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Caterpillar Inc (CAT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Caterpillar Inc (CAT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Caterpillar Inc (CAT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...