Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT): Price and Financial Metrics
CAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$273.06||52-week high||$293.88|
|Prev. close||$272.03||52-week low||$160.60|
|Day high||$275.10||Avg. volume||3,058,782|
|50-day MA||$274.72||Dividend yield||1.87%|
|200-day MA||$243.84||Market Cap||139.29B|
CAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CAT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAT is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CAT ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 62nd percentile.
CAT Stock Summary
- CATERPILLAR INC's market capitalization of $143,319,601,671 is ahead of 98.64% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CAT is 3.55 -- better than 85.24% of US stocks.
- CAT's went public 37.74 years ago, making it older than 93.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CATERPILLAR INC are GE, IBM, ABT, SYK, and DE.
- CAT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CATERPILLAR INC's official web site, go to www.caterpillar.com.
CAT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CAT's price/earnings ratio is 8.6% lower, now standing at 17.
- Over the past 243 months, CAT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 9.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAT.
CAT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 3732.88%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -17.22%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -8.45%.
The table below shows CAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.35% of graded US stocks.
- CAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.578 -- ranking 72nd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- MTW, GRC, and PPIH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAT.
The table below shows CAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Company Bio
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Peoria, Illinois.
CAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAT Latest Social Stream
View Full CAT Social Stream
Latest CAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CATERPILLAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAT as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, Caterpillar (CAT) closed at $273.06, marking a +0.38% move from the previous day.
EnerSys (ENS) announces the retirement of Energy Systems unit president, Andrew M. Zogby, effective Mar 31, 2024. Shawn M. O'Connell, currently the president of the Motive Power unit, will succeed him.
Recently, Zacks.com users have been paying close attention to Caterpillar (CAT). This makes it worthwhile to examine what the stock has in store.
Danimer Scientific (DNMR) and CPChem collaborate again to explore numerous high-volume polymer applications utilizing Rinnovo materials.
General Electric's (GE) unit, GE Vernova's Hydro Power business, has upgraded the first of six Kaplan turbine and generator units at Qairokkum plant, setting the stage to produce more green energy.
CAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|