Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAT POWR Grades
- CAT scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 83.27% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAT is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- CAT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 49.68% of US stocks).
CAT Stock Summary
- CAT has a market capitalization of $107,643,839,842 -- more than approximately 97.6% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 888.25, Caterpillar Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.61% of US stocks.
- CAT's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.65% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Caterpillar Inc are GE, ZTS, DE, SYK, and MMM.
- CAT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Caterpillar Inc's official web site, go to www.caterpillar.com.
CAT Valuation Summary
- CAT's price/earnings ratio is 26.3; this is 0.96% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CAT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CAT's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAT.
CAT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 35.81%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 14.42%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 59.23%.
The table below shows CAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.41% of graded US stocks.
- CAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.578 -- ranking 71st of 104 Machinery stocks.
- MTW, ETN, and RXN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAT.
The table below shows CAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$196.82||52-week high||$246.69|
|Prev. close||$196.62||52-week low||$143.01|
|Day high||$197.79||Avg. volume||3,433,731|
|50-day MA||$207.78||Dividend yield||2.26%|
|200-day MA||$212.93||Market Cap||107.75B|
Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Company Bio
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Peoria, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAT Latest Social Stream
View Full CAT Social Stream
Latest CAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Caterpillar Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAT as an investment opportunity.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Caterpillar (CAT) have what it takes? Let's find out.
The slowdown in China's property markets might be good news for companies suffering soaring costs of raw materials in 2021.
Is it time to copy the fourth-richest person in the world?
Hybrid Loaders Market Industry Growth Situation and Prospects Research forecast 2021-2027 | John Derre, Caterpillar
The Hybrid Loaders market research report is analyzed and evaluated with the help of various marketing tools, such as SWOT analysis, Posters Five Force analysis, PESTEL analysis, value chain analysis, player positioning analysis, and market share analysis. Hence, this analysis
Caterpillar (CAT) closed at $189.84 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.51% move from the prior day.
CAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|