Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAT POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CAT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.76% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAT is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- CAT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 53.2% of US stocks).
CAT Stock Summary
- CAT has a higher market value than 97.94% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $117,184,178,808.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CAT is 2.9 -- better than 83.46% of US stocks.
- CAT's went public 36.08 years ago, making it older than 92.74% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Caterpillar Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GSK, DE, AXP, SNY, and DEO.
- Visit CAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.caterpillar.com.
CAT Valuation Summary
- CAT's price/earnings ratio is 26.3; this is 0.96% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CAT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CAT's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAT.
CAT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 17.42%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 38.32%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 35.81%.
The table below shows CAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.35% of graded US stocks.
- CAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.578 -- ranking 72nd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- MTW, GRC, and PPIH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAT.
The table below shows CAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$214.09||52-week high||$246.69|
|Prev. close||$216.63||52-week low||$179.34|
|Day high||$217.51||Avg. volume||4,009,128|
|50-day MA||$207.81||Dividend yield||2.07%|
|200-day MA||$213.50||Market Cap||115.81B|
Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Company Bio
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Peoria, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAT Latest Social Stream
View Full CAT Social Stream
Latest CAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Caterpillar Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAT as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Sterling Manor Financial, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys First Trust Consumer Staples AlphaDEX Fund, FIRST TR EXCH TRD, First Trust Utilities AlphaDEX Fund, Health Care Select Sector SPDR, Real Estate Select Sector SPDR Fund (The), sells FIRST TR EXCH ALPH, FIRST TR SMALL CAP, First Trust Health Care AlphaDEX Fund, SPDR S&P Capital Markets ETF, VanEck Vectors Semiconductor ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Sterl
Caterpillar (CAT) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Investment company Well Done, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys iShares Commodities Select Strategy ETF, SPDR Oil & Gas Exploration and Production ETF, Technology Select Sector SPDR ETF, PowerShares QQQ Trust Ser 1, Deere, sells Invesco BulletShares 2021 Corporate Bond ETF, SPDR Metals & Mining ETF, SPDR S&P Health Care Services ETF, Innovator U.S.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: American Express Co., Apple Inc., The Boeing Co., Caterpillar Inc. and Chevron Corp
American Express Co., Apple Inc., The Boeing Co., Caterpillar Inc. and Chevron Corp are highlighted in this Analyst Blog article.
Investment company Reitz Capital Advisors LLC (Current Portfolio) buys PIMCO Enhanced Low Duration Active Exchange-Traded, Schwab U.S.
CAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|