Chubb Limited (CB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CB POWR Grades
- CB scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 93.31% of US stocks.
- CB's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CB ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
CB Stock Summary
- CB has a higher market value than 96.62% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $75,592,985,658.
- Chubb Ltd's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1993, making it an older stock than 77.92% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Chubb Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 18.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ABB, CI, PTR, MMC, and SNP.
- CB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chubb Ltd's official web site, go to us-en.
CB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CB's price/sales ratio is 66.67% higher, now standing at 2.
- CB's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- CB's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CB.
CB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$167.50||52-week high||$179.01|
|Prev. close||$168.10||52-week low||$111.93|
|Day high||$169.28||Avg. volume||2,020,548|
|50-day MA||$167.35||Dividend yield||1.86%|
|200-day MA||$151.34||Market Cap||75.32B|
Chubb Limited (CB) Company Bio
Chubb Limited provides property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals. It offers personal insurance products for homes, valuable articles, homeowners, automobiles, and yachts; and personal liability, and personal accident and supplemental health insurance products. The company also provides various commercial insurance products, including multiple peril, primary liability, excess and umbrella liability, automobile, workers compensation, and property and marine insurance products. The company was formerly known as ACE Limited and changed its name to Chubb Limited in January 2016. Chubb Limited was founded in 1985 and is based in Zurich, Switzerland.
CB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Chubb Ltd. To summarize, we found that Chubb Ltd ranked in the 70th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Chubb Ltd, consider:
- As a business, CB is generating more cash flow than 96.61% of positive cash flow stocks in the Financial Services.
- Chubb Ltd's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.2% of tickers in our DCF set.
- CB's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.2% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CB Latest Social Stream
View Full CB Social Stream
Latest CB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chubb Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CB as an investment opportunity.
Chubb Limited ( NYSE:CB ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in 4 days. The ex-dividend date is one business day...
Chubb Limited (NYSE: CB) announced today that Mark Hammond, who currently serves as Treasurer of Chubb Group, has been appointed to the additional role of Deputy Chief Financial Officer, a new position. The appointment is effective July 1 when, as previously announced, Peter Enns, Executive Vice President, Finance, Chubb Group, will succeed Philip Bancroft as Chief Financial Officer upon his retirement. In his new role, Mr. Hammond will assist Mr. Enns on operational and strategic matters.
These businesses suit the value investor
Chubb Limited (CB) remains poised to benefit from growing underwriting margins, effective capital deployment and improved liquidity position.
Chubb (CB) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
CB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|