Cognex Corp. (CGNX): Price and Financial Metrics
CGNX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.40||52-week high||$59.51|
|Prev. close||$37.70||52-week low||$34.28|
|Day high||$38.59||Avg. volume||913,820|
|50-day MA||$38.12||Dividend yield||0.8%|
|200-day MA||$47.28||Market Cap||6.61B|
CGNX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CGNX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CGNX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.62% of US stocks.
- CGNX's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- CGNX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
CGNX Stock Summary
- CGNX's went public 34.12 years ago, making it older than 88.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for COGNEX CORP is higher than 91.44% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 105.06%, COGNEX CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 91.62% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COGNEX CORP are DLB, DGII, CTSO, AIRG, and VMEO.
- Visit CGNX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cognex.com.
CGNX Valuation Summary
- CGNX's price/sales ratio is 7.1; this is 222.73% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- CGNX's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CGNX.
CGNX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 33.35%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 6.04%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 6.04%.
The table below shows CGNX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CGNX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CGNX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.89% of graded US stocks.
- CGNX's asset turnover comes in at 0.522 -- ranking 45th of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- DHR, COHR, and ONTO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CGNX.
The table below shows CGNX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Cognex Corp. (CGNX) Company Bio
Cognex Corporation is an American manufacturer of machine vision systems, software and sensors used in automated manufacturing to inspect and identify parts, detect defects, verify product assembly, and guide assembly robots. Cognex is headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, USA and has offices in more than 20 countries. (Source:Wikipedia)
CGNX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CGNX Latest Social Stream
View Full CGNX Social Stream
Latest CGNX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COGNEX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CGNX as an investment opportunity.
On a risk/reward basis, I think machine vision company Cognex (NASDAQ: CGNX) is a better buy than industrial conglomerate 3M (NYSE: MMM) right now. For that reason alone, I think Cognex is the better buy. 3M is set to deliver an organic sales growth decline of 3% for the full year (a figure at the low end of its initial guidance range of flat sales on 2022 to a 3% decline), and Wall Street analysts believe Cognex's full-year sales will decline by 17.5% compared to 2022.
Are Cognex Corporation's (NASDAQ:CGNX) Fundamentals Good Enough to Warrant Buying Given The Stock's Recent Weakness?
Cognex (NASDAQ:CGNX) has had a rough three months with its share price down 21%. However, stock prices are usually...
Shares in machine vision company Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ: CGNX) declined 15.2% in October, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Revenue declined 6% year over year in the quarter, and CEO Robert Willett spoke of a "challenging operating environment" on the earnings call. Cognex's main end markets are consumer electronics, logistics, and automotives.
While Cognex Corporation ( NASDAQ:CGNX ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it received a lot of...
2 Little-Known Artificial Intelligence (AI) Growth Stocks to Buy Before They Soar 43% and 50%, According to Wall Street
If Wall Street analysts are correct, these artificial intelligence stocks are headed higher in the next year.
CGNX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|