Cognex Corporation (CGNX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CGNX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CGNX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CGNX is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CGNX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
CGNX Stock Summary
- CGNX's went public 32.49 years ago, making it older than 88.57% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- For CGNX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 10.61% of US equities we're observing.
- With a price/sales ratio of 13.41, Cognex Corp has a higher such ratio than 89.18% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CGNX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ZNGA, NTCT, AZPN, DIOD, and VYNE.
- Visit CGNX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cognex.com.
CGNX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, CGNX's price/sales ratio is 188.07% higher, now standing at 15.7.
- Over the past 243 months, CGNX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 28.9.
- CGNX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 28.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CGNX.
CGNX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1.46%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 183.1%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 75.85%.
The table below shows CGNX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CGNX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CGNX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.89% of graded US stocks.
- CGNX's asset turnover comes in at 0.522 -- ranking 45th of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- DHR, COHR, and ONTO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CGNX.
The table below shows CGNX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CGNX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CGNX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.63||52-week high||$92.17|
|Prev. close||$45.47||52-week low||$41.69|
|Day high||$45.93||Avg. volume||1,053,440|
|50-day MA||$52.85||Dividend yield||0.57%|
|200-day MA||$70.02||Market Cap||7.75B|
Cognex Corporation (CGNX) Company Bio
Cognex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures and markets a range of products that incorporate machine vision technology that gives them the ability to “see.” Cognex products include barcode readers, machine vision sensors and machine vision systems that are used in factories, warehouses and distribution centers around the world to guide, gauge, inspect, identify and assure the quality of items during the manufacturing and distribution process. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Natick, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
CGNX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CGNX Latest Social Stream
View Full CGNX Social Stream
Latest CGNX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cognex Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CGNX as an investment opportunity.
The stock of machine-vision company Cognex (NASDAQ: CGNX) has been severely beaten up in the sell-off of technology stocks in 2022. Cognex's revenue and margin performance beat management's prior expectations in the fourth quarter. The results confirmed Cognex has plenty of potential within its end markets in 2022, including electric vehicle (EV) and logistics spending.
Cognex (NASDAQ:CGNX) has had a rough three months with its share price down 18%. However, stock prices are usually...
Cognex Corporation (CGNX) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 17, 2022, 05:00 PM ET Company Participants Susan Conway - Senior Director, IR Rob Willett - President and CEO Paul Todgham - CFO Conference Call Participants Josh Pokrzywinski - Morgan Stanley Jacob Levinson - Melius Research Michael Anastasiou - Cowen and...
The machine vision company pleased investors with an excellent earnings report.
CGNX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|