Cognex Corporation (CGNX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CGNX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CGNX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.58% of US stocks.
- CGNX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 161 days.
- CGNX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.61% of US stocks).
CGNX Stock Summary
- CGNX's went public 32.3 years ago, making it older than 88.37% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cognex Corp is higher than it is for about just 10.98% of US stocks.
- CGNX's price/sales ratio is 12; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 87.18% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cognex Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be IPGP, JNPR, CARG, NTCT, and IIVI.
- Visit CGNX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cognex.com.
CGNX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, CGNX's price/sales ratio is 188.07% higher, now standing at 15.7.
- Over the past 243 months, CGNX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 28.9.
- CGNX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 28.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CGNX.
CGNX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 75.85%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 31.76%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 205.03%.
The table below shows CGNX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CGNX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CGNX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.89% of graded US stocks.
- CGNX's asset turnover comes in at 0.522 -- ranking 45th of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- DHR, COHR, and ONTO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CGNX.
The table below shows CGNX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CGNX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CGNX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.04||52-week high||$101.82|
|Prev. close||$66.67||52-week low||$65.67|
|Day high||$67.68||Avg. volume||678,871|
|50-day MA||$76.20||Dividend yield||0.39%|
|200-day MA||$81.75||Market Cap||11.85B|
Cognex Corporation (CGNX) Company Bio
Cognex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures and markets a range of products that incorporate machine vision technology that gives them the ability to “see.” Cognex products include barcode readers, machine vision sensors and machine vision systems that are used in factories, warehouses and distribution centers around the world to guide, gauge, inspect, identify and assure the quality of items during the manufacturing and distribution process. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Natick, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
CGNX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CGNX Latest Social Stream
View Full CGNX Social Stream
Latest CGNX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cognex Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CGNX as an investment opportunity.
If you're looking for some worthwhile growth stocks to buy and hold through the storm, you've come to the right place. Lithium Americas (NYSE: LAC), ChargePoint Holdings (NYSE: CHPT), and Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ: CGNX) are three growth stocks that could be good buys in January. Scott Levine (Lithium Americas): If you're like most growth investors, you've undoubtedly come across plenty of ink spilled about electric vehicles since the market is expected to grow considerably over the next decade.
Pilot training and simulator company CAE (NYSE: CAE), design software expert Autodesk (NASDAQ: ADSK), and machine vision leader Cognex (NASDAQ: CGNX) are very different companies. However, they all have one significant thing in common: their shares are down sharply in recent months.
NATICK, Mass., January 05, 2022--Cognex Announces Fourth Quarter Earnings Release Date and Conference Call
B, FPI, CGNX, AMED, and FSUGY have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on December 29, 2021.
When you buy a stock there is always a possibility that it could drop 100%. But on a lighter note, a good company can...
CGNX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|