Cognex Corporation (CGNX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CGNX POWR Grades
- CGNX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 95.53% of US stocks.
- CGNX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- CGNX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.44% of US stocks).
CGNX Stock Summary
- For CGNX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 9.99% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Cognex Corp is reporting a growth rate of 272.21%; that's higher than 91.23% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CGNX is more volatile than only 4.95% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cognex Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be AZPN, DLB, YY, NTGR, and TTWO.
- Visit CGNX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cognex.com.
CGNX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, CGNX's price/sales ratio is 188.07% higher, now standing at 15.7.
- Over the past 243 months, CGNX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 28.9.
- CGNX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 28.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CGNX.
CGNX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1.46%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 199.32%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 7.76%.
The table below shows CGNX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CGNX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CGNX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.53% of graded US stocks.
- CGNX's asset turnover comes in at 0.504 -- ranking 47th of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- HURC, DHR, and INTT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CGNX.
The table below shows CGNX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CGNX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CGNX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.96||52-week high||$101.82|
|Prev. close||$87.25||52-week low||$59.86|
|Day high||$89.11||Avg. volume||723,799|
|50-day MA||$86.53||Dividend yield||0.28%|
|200-day MA||$83.09||Market Cap||15.72B|
Cognex Corporation (CGNX) Company Bio
Cognex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures and markets a range of products that incorporate machine vision technology that gives them the ability to “see.” Cognex products include barcode readers, machine vision sensors and machine vision systems that are used in factories, warehouses and distribution centers around the world to guide, gauge, inspect, identify and assure the quality of items during the manufacturing and distribution process. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Natick, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
CGNX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CGNX Latest Social Stream
View Full CGNX Social Stream
Latest CGNX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cognex Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CGNX as an investment opportunity.
NATICK, Mass, September 22, 2021--Cognex Announces Third Quarter Earnings Release Date and Conference Call
Two major new releases deliver advanced vision tools and tighter deep learning integration in a high-performance platform Cognex Corporation announces VisionPro® 10.0 and VisionPro Deep Learning 2.
Simplify neural network training with VisionPro Deep Learnings graphical user interface and intuitive programming environment
With VisionPro® Deep Learning, Cognex offers a deep learning-based image analysis software specifically designed for factory automation. For tasks in industrial image processing that can be solved by formulating rules, traditional machine vision systems are usually the right choice. However, these systems often reach their limits when the objects to be inspected introduce variability and 
Healthcare Barcode Reader Market Worth Observing Strong Growth by Honeywell, Zebra, Cognex, Sato, Toshiba, Wasp, Datalogic
Barcode reader is a device that helps in extracting the information and data from the barcode, and transmits it to the computer in a hospital or healthcare facility. It allows individuals to access classified information and data. Increase in trends
No summary available.
CGNX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|