City Holding Company (CHCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHCO POWR Grades
- CHCO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHCO is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CHCO's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 4.7% of US stocks).
CHCO Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 152.84, CITY HOLDING CO is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 85.21% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 6.19, CITY HOLDING CO has a higher such ratio than 82.32% of stocks in our set.
- CHCO's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 90.53% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CITY HOLDING CO are CATY, MBCN, FULT, SSBK, and AUB.
- CHCO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CITY HOLDING CO's official web site, go to www.bankatcity.com.
CHCO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CHCO's price/sales ratio is 369.23% higher, now standing at 6.1.
- CHCO's price/earnings ratio has moved down 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHCO.
CHCO Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.97%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -0.02%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 81.99%.
The table below shows CHCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHCO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.47% of graded US stocks.
- CHCO's asset turnover comes in at 0.038 -- ranking 213th of 428 Banking stocks.
- ECPG, CVBF, and BCTF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CHCO.
The table below shows CHCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CHCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$101.43||52-week high||$103.00|
|Prev. close||$101.68||52-week low||$73.40|
|Day high||$102.11||Avg. volume||68,712|
|50-day MA||$96.10||Dividend yield||2.56%|
|200-day MA||$85.12||Market Cap||1.51B|
City Holding Company (CHCO) Company Bio
City Holding Company operates as a holding company for City National Bank of West Virginia that provides various banking, trust and investment management, and other financial solutions in the United States. The company has branches across West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, and Ohio. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Charleston, West Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHCO Latest Social Stream
View Full CHCO Social Stream
Latest CHCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CITY HOLDING CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHCO as an investment opportunity.
City Holding ( NASDAQ:CHCO ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$66.3m (up 14% from 3Q 2021...
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
City Holding (CHCO) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 7.65% and 5.73%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CHARLESTON, W.V. & VERSAILLES, Ky., October 18, 2022--City Holding Company Announces Acquisition
CHARLESTON, W.Va., October 18, 2022--City Holding Company ("Company" or "City") (NASDAQ:CHCO), a $5.9 billion bank holding company headquartered in Charleston, West Virginia, today announced quarterly net income of $27.4 million and diluted earnings of $1.83 per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. For the third quarter of 2022, the Company achieved a return on assets of 1.83% and a return on tangible equity of 21.8%.
CHCO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|